New bow. Gettin old sux!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New bow. Gettin old sux!

Shoulders and elbows ain't what they used to be. Tough to draw a 70# bow. Looking at buying a 60# bow. My main concern is my trip to Africa in May. Will a 60# bow be OK for a gemsbok/ sable sized animal? Don't plan on shooting an eland, cape or anything that big. Whatcha think?

Bowtech. Powershift. 70 lb bow on the comfort draw setting.

Comment

You’ll be fine.

Comment

My son shot and killed a wildebeest with my old black ice turned down to 63#. Complete pass thru. But he got lucky and didn't hit a rib on either side. I could probably get 62# maxed out on a 60# bow. My 70# obsession has blown thru everything thing I've shot. From whitetail to kudu. Just don't want to mess up by dropping my draw weight.

Comment

60 lb will be fine

Comment

Originally posted by skeeter View Post
            My son shot and killed a wildebeest with my old black ice turned down to 63#. Complete pass thru. But he got lucky and didn't hit a rib on either side. I could probably get 62# maxed out on a 60# bow. My 70# obsession has blown thru everything thing I've shot. From whitetail to kudu. Just don't want to mess up by dropping my draw weight.
            proper shaft weight and head design can make up for a 10# loss easily,,,,

Comment

My PH had a gentleman shooting a 60# Mathews and got a full pass thru on a big bull Eland using a 125 grain Ramcat, so you should be good.

Comment

Thanks, y’all!

Comment

I killed my gemsbok with a 57lb longbow.

Comment

Uncle Ted shoots a 50 # bow .

Comment

They won’t stand a chance, make the switch!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I used to shoot 83lbs years ago. 70+ forever. Went to 60 two seasons ago and haven't regretted it. Shoot right through deer and pigs.

Sent from my SM-J710MN using Tapatalk
                        Last edited by DRT; 02-10-2018, 06:59 AM.

Comment

Yeah 60 should be fine. I bought a 60# HTR and love it.

Sierracharlie out…

Comment

Getting old sucks, but it beats the alternative. Good luck in Africa

Comment

What kind of broad head you use ? Could have a lot to do with if you will get pass through or not.

Comment

Working...
                              X