X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Following

Comment

Originally posted by Black Gold View Post
      How long the the on-line portion take you to finish and get your degree?

I’ll be done in December and that will take up a 2 year time period of classes (spring, summer, fall and one mini-mester)

Sierracharlie out…

Comment

Originally posted by Buckley99 View Post
        I’ve got my undergrad from TCU and my MBA from SMU (both 100% classroom degrees). That said, I am considering an online Masters in Theology (at a very slow pace). I have no professional need for the degree but I would love to have a deeper understanding of the Bible and supporting subjects.

Looking at the University of Dallas
        There's gotta be a cheaper way to get a deeper understanding of the Bible and supporting subjects than paying for a degree that you have no professional need for. Why would you do that?

Comment

Originally posted by Throwin' Darts View Post
          There's gotta be a cheaper way to get a deeper understanding of the Bible and supporting subjects than paying for a degree that you have no professional need for. Why would you do that?
          I didn’t ask for feedback on whether or not I needed the degree or whether or not it was a good financial decision. That said, I’ll address it. I’ve always enjoyed school and I think a well thought out curriculum brings some value, not including the accountability that comes with it.

I’ve had a plenty of people question previous schooling decisions but each decision I’ve made has served me well.

Comment

Tarleton State for Bachelors, 100% online.

Comment

Graduated with my bachelor's online. First year I took my classes after work on campus. After that, 100% of classes were online.

Comment

Got mine online at Midwestern State in Wichita Falls. CJ degree (which is pretty worthless I know) is what I got. May help if I want to promote up the chain but admin work isn’t really my thing. What I would say is that you have to be a self starter to get the work done, but’s it’s nice doing it on your own time.

Comment

Originally posted by Buckley99 View Post
                  I’ve got my undergrad from TCU and my MBA from SMU (both 100% classroom degrees). That said, I am considering an online Masters in Theology (at a very slow pace). I have no professional need for the degree but I would love to have a deeper understanding of the Bible and supporting subjects.

Looking at the University of Dallas
                  I am currently working on my BA in Christian Ministry through Bethel University in St. Paul, MN. I had about 40 or so hours of undergrad credits coming into the program but everything I am doing through Bethel is online.

They have a seminary too and just started offering a 100% online masters in several areas. The couple of seminaries I have looked at that offer online courses require a one week intensive per semester or year at their location but I'm guessing you already know that.

Considering your desire for a deeper knowledge and not necessarily a degree, you may want to look into Beyond the River Academy. I don't know a whole lot about it but my understanding is that could be described as an unaccredited seminary. I haven't looked into because I feel I am being called to be a pastor and I wouldn't be able to be ordained if I went through them.

Blessing to you on your journey in studying the Bible more in depth!

Chris

Comment

A seminary MDiv is 80 plus hours also. Just putting it out there. Add in a few semesters extra if greek and hebrew and you are basically holding the equivalent of 2 undergraduates.
                    And for what its worth, education is great ROI for the individual....never stop learning is a great life motto!

Comment

I just finished MBA Healthcare Admin through Western Governors. Two of my bosses got their MBA there so that's what I did. I was originally looking at more traditional college online but decided to go this route.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

Comment

I am going back to finish my Undergrad @ Sam Houston State all online. I had originally attended classes on campus back in the 90s. Once done, I hope to apply @ A&M for Masters Program.
                        Last edited by LROSE; 02-06-2018, 01:43 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by hooligan View Post
                          My buddy is going through Arizona State right now but I forget what he’s getting his degree in but it’s 100% online and he’s working full time in Dallas so it’s a good schedule.
                          The online program is on point!! Finished my last couple classes online when I moved back to Texas from Arizona

Comment

I did traditional on-campus "back in the day" but finished by undergrad at Tarleton (about 85% online) and my Masters at OU (100% online). It was a very different experience for me... I was a college freshman in 1989, the online stuff took a little getting used to, but glad I did it.

Comment

There was no internet when I was in college or I would have been interested in the online courses.

I disagree with the brother above who said he won't hire anyone with an online degree. I hired a girl who got her Masters from UoH and 90% of that degree was online. One of the best hires that I have done.

Comment

I finished my bachelor’s in business management online from my local community college.
                                I have looked into a few options for a masters and A&M has some good options for distance learning. I haven’t decided which direction I want to go though. I agree that there are some intangibles associated with continuing education that cannot be calculated directly as ROI

Comment

Working...
                                X