new pics with my canon eos 70d

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

new pics with my canon eos 70d

took the pups to have fun at the dog park. still learning how to use my new camera so I would love some criticism and pointers.

Ttt for criticism

Comment

Can not criticize. I am still learning mine.

Comment

I can't really criticize but I try to use the lowest stop possible, especially when my subject is closer to give a good bokeh background. A higher stop gives more depth of field. I like to try and get the subject to pop so to speak. Also, the rule of thirds, sometimes having the subject on the first third of the photo gives the rest room to tell the story. I think they are some really great photos, I'm learning myself and those nice lenses sure make a difference!

Comment

I am in the same boat as you learning a new camera. I was hoping someone would tear into you so I could learn at your expense. Kidding of course. Good luck learning.

Comment

Originally posted by Wood Man View Post
            I am in the same boat as you learning a new camera. I was hoping someone would tear into you so I could learn at your expense. Kidding of course. Good luck learning.

Lol I was actually hoping for some harsh criticism. I know this camera is capable of taking far better pics than what I posted.

Comment

General comment: read and learn and experiment with how to compose a picture. Don't worry initially about settings, instead focuse on what you put in the frame and even more on what you don't. This includes angle.
              The technical stuff is important too, but easy enough to pick up on later. The point is no matter what you do with shutter and aperture etc can fix a poorly framed/composed pic

Comment

Have you read the book Understanding Exposure by Bryan Peterson? If not, I highly recommend it.

Comment

Working...
                X