Wood vs Carbon Arrows

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wood vs Carbon Arrows

Can someone point out the differences between wood and carbon as per the way they fly, is it the same or will trajectory change?

I'm not the pro on this but I believe if you match the weight and get them tuned to the bow then they should fly very similar. There is things about both of them that I really like.

Comment

Carbon is lighter as far as GPI and allows you to get an arrow with a higher FOC for the same ammount of weight. Higher FOC means a little more arc in the trajectory. If you have one of each and match the GPI, spine and head weight you'll probably never be able to tell a difference. In my experience carbons are more touchy about length to get the spine right than woodies are. Both have their place but I really love shooting my woods over my carbons.

Comment

Woods would be slower in speed however they are more forgiving.

Comment

Also wondering about this, what are some good brands of woodies to get?

Comment

I've been shooting woods for a few years now. I just crossed over to the dark side and got some wood grain carbon Beeman Classics. They fly pretty dang fast and straight out of my long bow. I mainly wanted to go to carbon for the toughness and the ease of changing out broadheads whenever I want.

But, a good set of woodies are pretty cool.

Comment

Originally posted by whitetailtrail View Post
              Also wondering about this, what are some good brands of woodies to get?
              Bounty hunter and Jeffro on here both make arrows for sale. You might PM one.

Woodies can be very tough too. Sitka Spruce makes a very tough arrow and about the same weight as cedar. It's over twice as tough per weight as cedar. I think that's why they made air planes out of it.

Comment

Very good info guys, thanks

Comment

Woodies will require a little bit of straightening from time to time

Comment

Working...
                  X