Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

My Africa Experience - 10 days, 12 animals, Countless New Friends, Memories for Life

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A thread with over 600 replies.

That pretty much says it all.

Congrats again,

Bisch

Comment

Originally posted by CastAndBlast View Post
      Man, you just made me open an Africa Savings Account! Thank you! I know you spent a lot of time writing this thread, but could you possibly post a final post with each pic of your trophies? It would be neat to see them all, one right after another!

In total, I ended up with 12 animals. The bushbuck was recovered after I left, so I don't have a picture of it.

10 short blood trails, 1 long blood trail, and 1 finished with a rifle....all in all, a very good trip.
      Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Landrover View Post
        Boo-yah.........just got to the shot-segment where the arrow flew very true!!! Gotta love lighted nocks. (-: Three very nice KUDU bulls on this thread........anyone of them was off the charts. Congrats........did you get a green score on him before you left? Man oh man, great hunt!!!

Oscar, I should have done a better job on keeping up with scores, but I remember the Nyala was a little over 30" on one side and just a tad under 30" on the other. I believe the kudu was 52" and I can't remember how long the gemsbok horns were.

Comment

Guys,

While I'm sure there will be a few things to add over time, as I still have a ton of pictures and thoughts, I just wanted to add at least one more thing......

I truly appreciate the support of my wife. From the beginning of this trip, she encouraged me as she knew how much I wanted it. As it drew closer, she continued to support and share in the excitement with me. And now that it's over, she maintains a positive attitude of support and encouragement as I reminisce about the trip as well as discuss the future mounts.

Anyways, thank you honey!

Comment

hands down the best recap of a hunt(s) that i have ever seen on here or anywhere else! Awesome job bro!

Comment

While we have about wrapped it up, I wanted to add another picture and a few words. I have already told you how much I enjoyed meeting Anthony as well as how much I appreciate his hard work for me, but I just wanted to add a picture of three of the other PH's in camp as well as say a few words about them.

Although we didn't hunt together, I enjoyed talking to and listening to each of these other PH's. They were extremely pleasant to be around and seemed genuinely concerned that I was having a good time as well as hopeful that my hunting would be good.

From left to right, and the spelling is probably wrong....

Heinz, Nico, Stefan, and my PH of the week....Anthony
              Attached Files

Comment

Thank you for taking us along - what an adventure! Congrats on all of the fine trophies!

Comment

You know Micheal you got an outstanding start on the spiral horns. Nyala, bushbuck and Kudu.

Now you need the eland!

Just giving you a reason to go back

Comment

OMG- you're still dragging this out ?????

You get ONE NIGHT next week to show videos at CC gathering, not the WHOLE WEEK.

Comment

Originally posted by buck_wild View Post
                      OMG- you're still dragging this out ?????

You get ONE NIGHT next week to show videos at CC gathering, not the WHOLE WEEK.
                      i can not believe you just use OMG! Are you 14???

Comment

Now we wait for the video being put together.............Can't wait.

Comment

Originally posted by Ground Threat View Post
                          i can not believe you just use OMG! Are you 14???
                          No, but Michael W is acting 14 with dragging out this HS drama for the last 3 weeks !!!

Comment

Originally posted by MichaelW View Post
                            In total, I ended up with 12 animals. The bushbuck was recovered after I left, so I don't have a picture of it.

10 short blood trails, 1 long blood trail, and 1 finished with a rifle....all in all, a very good trip.

This should have been FIRST and LAST post by MichealW.

'Just got back from Africa, here are anaimls. PM me for deatils !! '

Comment

This recap is incredible. We just left Serapa several weeks ago!!! Apie and Yolande are the best! And your right... the new lodge is WWWAAAYYYY over the top. I never xpected to see something like that. Did you see their bedroom? It looks like a suite at the Bellagio. Looks like we slept in the same bedroom as well. Hearing those lions at night was amazing. I got a pic of a Rhino coming up to the water hole right outsiide the bedroom. Really enjoyed the pics.
                              Last edited by Rcole1310; 09-18-2010, 10:15 AM.

Comment

Wow. Awesome story. I sat and read the entire thread this morning. Seems like I was the one running the video right there with you. Thanks for taking the time and sharing. Many congrats.

Comment

Working...
                                X