Need opinions on truck bed covers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by cajuntec View Post
    That was another one that was on the list. What do you like about it, and is there anything that you don't like about it or would improve (strength, ease of opening / closing, how much room it takes up when not in use, etc...)? Thank you for the reply.

All the best,
    Glenn
    I also have a Retrax, and I highly recommend it. Very secure and looks great. I have the power model that opens/closes with a key fob remote. You can get a manually operated version for around 1200. Made of aluminum and would be tough to break in to.

Comment

I have a Paragon. If I did it again, I would go Retrax.
      My Paragon is leaking and it comes off track but it has lasted 5 years.

Comment

Thanks Mike. That's a good looking cover, and a good looking truck. Is that third brake light factory, or something you installed aftermarket?

All the best,

Glenn

Thanks Glenn. I like it because the from flips open independent of the rest of the cover. The 3 sections on the back fold up to sit on top of the front section when needed. I didn't want a Bakflip because it completely covers the back window when fully open and they are easy to break into with just a coat hanger.

The 3rd brake light is from a 2013+ truck with the camera inside. Makes the hook up of the 5th wheel a breeze.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Like my Retrax

Comment

Roll N Lock

Comment

I have a Extang Solid Fold 2.0 on my Chevy

RealTruck carries a wide array of Extang products for your truck with free shipping in the lower 48 United States. Get the right part for your truck easily with help from our simple-to-use site and team of product experts.

It seems pretty great so far.

I really wanted a Diamondback, but they are cost prohibitive. They cost 3x what I paid for the Extang. I looked hard at the Bakflip, and they look great, but are difficult to remove should you want to. They are also easy to break into, just requiring a coat hanger.

The Extang is rigid, and super easy to remove if you want, only a couple of thumbscrews. It is retained by some beefy spring clips at the tailgate. You can also open and close the tailgate while the cover is latched. So far, it is keeping out all the rain (only had a couple of storms since I bought it) When it is folded, it covers approximately the same area as my old toolbox did. I also like that they are made in USA.

Comment

Tagged 4 l8r

Comment

Originally posted by kgrutzmacher View Post
                  Ordering the Bakflip MX4 tomorrow. Had the F1 previously and just prefer the matte finish of the MX4.
                  Same here. I have the MX4 and prefer it for the same reason.

Comment

Originally posted by Mike D View Post
                    Thanks Glenn. I like it because the from flips open independent of the rest of the cover. The 3 sections on the back fold up to sit on top of the front section when needed. I didn't want a Bakflip because it completely covers the back window when fully open and they are easy to break into with just a coat hanger.

The 3rd brake light is from a 2013+ truck with the camera inside. Makes the hook up of the 5th wheel a breeze.

Thanks Mike. Does it remove completely easily, or is it pretty much attached and staying there once attached?
                    All the best,
                    Glenn

Comment

Originally posted by Dave W View Post
                      I have a Paragon. If I did it again, I would go Retrax.
                      My Paragon is leaking and it comes off track but it has lasted 5 years.
                      This is exactly the kind of information I was looking for. Disappointing, as I was hoping this wasn't what I was going to hear, but it makes a huge difference in what I buy. I had a feeling "comes off track" would be a comment. That kind of kills that one for me. Thank you.
                      All the best,
                      Glenn

Comment

Originally posted by Gummi Bear View Post
                        I have a Extang Solid Fold 2.0 on my Chevy

RealTruck carries a wide array of Extang products for your truck with free shipping in the lower 48 United States. Get the right part for your truck easily with help from our simple-to-use site and team of product experts.

It seems pretty great so far.

I really wanted a Diamondback, but they are cost prohibitive. They cost 3x what I paid for the Extang. I looked hard at the Bakflip, and they look great, but are difficult to remove should you want to. They are also easy to break into, just requiring a coat hanger.

The Extang is rigid, and super easy to remove if you want, only a couple of thumbscrews. It is retained by some beefy spring clips at the tailgate. You can also open and close the tailgate while the cover is latched. So far, it is keeping out all the rain (only had a couple of storms since I bought it) When it is folded, it covers approximately the same area as my old toolbox did. I also like that they are made in USA.
                        Thanks GB. You're the second person to mention breaking into the Bakflip with a coat hanger, so that one is on the short "do not buy" list. Good info on the Extang as well. Greatly appreciated.
                        All the best,
                        Glenn

Comment

Originally posted by Drop Tine View Post
                          I also have a Retrax, and I highly recommend it. Very secure and looks great. I have the power model that opens/closes with a key fob remote. You can get a manually operated version for around 1200. Made of aluminum and would be tough to break in to.
                          Good info. I guess you really get what you pay for. $1200 is almost twice as much as I was looking at in the Peragon. But after seeing that the Peragon can have problems coming off track... I'm probably not going that route. I was hoping to get this done for under a grand. I may need to save a bit more.
                          All the best,
                          Glenn

Comment

Originally posted by Mike D View Post

That 3rd brake light camera is one of my favorite things about my ram

Comment

Thanks Mike. Does it remove completely easily, or is it pretty much attached and staying there once attached?

All the best,

Glenn

I've never had the need to take mine completely off Glenn but per the instructions all you have to do is fold it to the front remove 4 screws and lift it off.

Comment

Need opinions on truck bed covers

Originally posted by MySRT8U View Post
                                That 3rd brake light camera is one of my favorite things about my ram

Yep, I use mine all the time especially when hooking and unhooking my fifth wheel. Since my truck is a 2012 I had to buy the factory third brake light and then install a lock pick it would show to my screen in my truck.

Comment

Working...
                                X