2017 San Angelo area season thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by arrowsonly88 View Post
    Yup I think we will be seeing the steady 5.5 mark this year. We passed a lot of 4.5 last year

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Hopefully some 6.5 mixed in there also

Comment

Originally posted by txwhitetail View Post
      Let's change gears here...

What are you guys seeing on your age classes since the drought?

Seems like we are still a year away from having some balanced age classes that include bucks up into the 6 yr old range.
      Whoa....wait a minute now....serious deer talk??? What are you trying to do to this thread?

Comment

Let's change gears here...

What are you guys seeing on your age classes since the drought?

Seems like we are still a year away from having some balanced age classes that include bucks up into the 6 yr old range.
        Had two 6.5 killed last year a couple 5.5 on camera and lots of 4.5 let go. The 5.5 gap should be filled this year and 6.5 next year.

Comment

We still have some old deer just not real balanced yet. Really looked like two years out last year. We'll see how it goes. We are trying to get trophies to 6 and it dang sure takes some patience/discipline.

Comment

We still have some old deer just not real balanced yet. Really looked like two years out last year. We'll see how it goes. We are trying to get trophies to 6 and it dang sure takes some patience/discipline.
            Yep me too. I'm seeing the same though should be "normal" again next year

Comment

Originally posted by bphillips View Post
              Had two 6.5 killed last year a couple 5.5 on camera and lots of 4.5 let go. The 5.5 gap should be filled this year and 6.5 next year.
              Yup....same here....We had a lot of 3.5 and 4.5 year old deer seen last year so those age classes plus one should be well represented this year. Killed a couple of 6.5s and 5.5s. Had a couple of 5.5s we passed on in hopes they were a little better this year.

Now if mother nature will do her part we should have a good year.. She's starting to put me into a Kactus Killer mood with all her percentages disappearing a day or two before rain time recently...

Last edited by Smart; 05-09-2017, 09:21 AM.

Comment

That ain't no chit on the rain.

Comment

You water valley guys may pick up some rain this evening.

Comment

You water valley guys may pick up some rain this evening.

Man I wish we all would it's starting to look a little rough out there

Comment

Originally posted by bphillips View Post
                      Man I wish we all would it's starting to look a little rough out there
                      Yes sir. Our northern most section may have caught some earlier. Well see if it moves east a little to get us some. Seems to be playing out now.

Comment

I get excited seeing a 90% chance of rain for us on my phone but then again... We all know how that goes

Comment

Filled 2,900 lbs of protein yesterday in Christoval. It was misting rain on me the whole time. The deer have really been hitting the feed hard for our place. We are at 6.5 tons of protein and a little over 3 tons of cottonseed.

Comment

Yup raining on the lease now, bring on more.. Looks like 100% chance at 1 am. [emoji106]

Comment

Originally posted by Smart View Post
                              Yup....same here....We had a lot of 3.5 and 4.5 year old deer seen last year so those age classes plus one should be well represented this year. Killed a couple of 6.5s and 5.5s. Had a couple of 5.5s we passed on in hopes they were a little better this year.

Now if mother nature will do her part we should have a good year.. She's starting to put me into a Kactus Killer mood with all her percentages disappearing a day or two before rain time recently...

Eventually the most positive of slackers joins the dark side...he he he!

Comment

Originally posted by 8pointer View Post
                                Filled 2,900 lbs of protein yesterday in Christoval. It was misting rain on me the whole time. The deer have really been hitting the feed hard for our place. We are at 6.5 tons of protein and a little over 3 tons of cottonseed.
                                I'm right there with you on feed. Problem is with my work it runs out around a week before I get home. Neighbors are having trouble keeping up also. I go through about 1k lbs and a cottonseed hoop at each station every 3 weeks right now. Will have another 3.5 tons going out on Tuesday

Comment

Working...
                                X