Kegerator

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Kegerator

Anybody on here built a kegerator out of an old fridge? Just bought a house and starting to look for a tried and true method of doing it. Thanks

I did one out of a freezer that would hold 2 kegs. Had a adjustable thermostat that would kill power at 33*F

Comment

I had one, you end up giving away what you save.

Comment

Originally posted by hunt247 View Post
        I did one out of a freezer that would hold 2 kegs. Had a adjustable thermostat that would kill power at 33*F
        Yeah i've seen some of those too, I haven't 100% decided which way I wanted to go but I was thinking of using the fridge portion for the kegs and then the freezer to put all the pint glasses i've "borrowed" from bars and breweries.

I just don't think I have a need for two kegs or even two minis for that matter, I feel like it would just be wasted beer at that point and nobody likes that

Aside from that though, is it pretty simple to setup?

Comment

Originally posted by cwbow View Post
          I had one, you end up giving away what you save.
          Giving away what you save?

Comment

I made one for my homebrew out of a mini fridge. Holds 2 5 gallon kegs. I got a lot of the equipment from http://www.kegconnection.com/ and craigslist. Very easy.

Comment

Originally posted by Jtrage View Post
              I made one for my homebrew out of a mini fridge. Holds 2 5 gallon kegs. I got a lot of the equipment from http://www.kegconnection.com/ and craigslist. Very easy.
              Awesome man thanks for the link and info..

Comment

I'm good at drinking. Just sayin

Comment

Originally posted by hunt247 View Post
                  did the exact same

Comment

I built one from 4.7 cu ft chest freezer, it held 3 5 gal corneys on the floor and a 3 gal on the hump. You just need to build a collar of 2x6 to make the freezer taller and attach the door to the top of the collar. You can either put your co2 bottle inside or out . The collar provides a place to mount your taps to . This set up works good for lagering beer . You do need to purchase a controller to keep your beer at serving temperature rather it freezing.
                    Last edited by Hydestik; 02-28-2016, 02:02 PM.

Comment

Comment

How long does a full size keg last. Lol opened that one up.

Like if it takes 6months to drink it, will it still taste good?

Comment

Originally posted by Dspivey View Post
                          How long does a full size keg last. Lol opened that one up.

Like if it takes 6months to drink it, will it still taste good?
                          I think the rule of thumb is about a month. You don't have to buy the half keg. You can get a pony. I guarantee you have a place around the dfw area that can set you up.

It is super easy. I'll send some pics later.

Comment

Here are a few of mine. Painted it with chalk paint. Still wet in pic. Custom made tap.
                            Attached Files

Comment

I have one already built I'll make you an awesome deal on. Two taps, 3-4 kegs, hoses, regulator, gas bottle, ice maker, yr old fridge. I'll also include everything to make a couple kegs of beer.

Michael

Comment

Working...
                              X