Recording hunts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Recording hunts

What cameras are you guys using that record your hunts. Would like something with good clean picture

Canon vixia hfr-400 w tripod, compact, 1080p full hd w decent zoom. Good starter camera

Comment

I'll look into it

Comment

Originally posted by axisbuck View Post
        Canon vixia hfr-400 w tripod, compact, 1080p full hd w decent zoom. Good starter camera

Agree
        I use a canon hg20 HD
        Been using it for about 8-10 years now

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Watching as I want to start too....

Do they focus on the animal through the net in a pop up?

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

Comment

How do these cameras do for rifle hunting shots out to say 150?

Comment

Originally posted by axisbuck View Post
              This is the one that I use...Amazing video. I wish I had the time to edit and post some of the videos.

Comment

Originally posted by hoyt21 View Post

Not to shabby just can't zoom in all the way as it's gets pretty distorted after about 140 yards or so but still gets you out there for a decent video
                Better be on a tripod out that far also. Further ta zoom more shakier it gets

Comment

I have video of target practice out to 800 yards, the camera I use is fair at best for that. (Canon Vixia HFR-400) These should be fine for 150 yards. There are models that have more zoom, I'm sure these would be even better. Can't remember the model, but should be easy to find on Amazon.

Comment

I'll look into it

Go to my YouTube channel and check out some of the hunts I have filmed with that camera

Comment

I love this one I bought it just for hunting.
                      600mm zoom with 1200 mm digital. constant F2.8 aperture is excellent in low light.

Video quality is also superb. up to 4k 30hz

Here is a picture of an oil rig that is 5 miles off shore with and with out digital zoom held off hand.

http://shop.panasonic.com/cameras-an...1&cgid=cameras
                      Last edited by texashunter74; 08-31-2017, 01:36 PM. Reason: forgot Video stuff

Comment

I would try to keep it under 100yards beyond that it starts to get grainy especially in low light situations. Tripod or clip on is a must. Dont forget to hit the red RECORD button lol
                        Also seen some great quality bow range videos with new 4K ultra HD iphone 7+ videos.

Comment

I've been using a Canon Rebel T3i with two different lens. Just bought a good remote for it this summer. I also use this same camera for the LDP's.

It's not the easiest to video with but it does a real good job. It's going to be a lot better with the remote now.

Comment

I've been using a Panasonic HCV 550 for a few years and have been really impressed with it for the price.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Comment

Canon Vixia HF G10

It's not a point and shoot camera. Lots of adjustability and my favorite is manual focus option. Nothing worse than a camera trying to focus on something in lower light conditions and constantly going in and out of focus as it tries to focus. Lol

Clear as mud?

Skinny

Comment

Working...
                              X