Sports Radio in Houston

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sports Radio in Houston

sucks... where the hell did we get the idiots that are on the radio here...
    its more about their stupid antics than anything to do with sports...

I like most of 610. Glad Nick Wright is gone. Don't really care for the morning show.

Comment

I listen to 790 in the am. Sometime 610 in morning as well. The mid day hosts on both stations suck. I listen to both afternoon shows. Josh Innes is pretty funny but doesn't talk much sports..

Comment

Originally posted by panhandlehunter View Post
        I like most of 610. Glad Nick Wright is gone. Don't really care for the morning show.
        Agreed. He was funny but ddnt care much for him using his platform to tell me how bad I'm supposed to feel because I'm a white guy

Comment

Innes is an idiot!!

Comment

I listen to 97.5 ESPN. Mike and Mike in the AM, Fred and AJ in the afternoon.

They suck less than the rest.

Comment

Originally posted by RINCON View Post
              Innes is an idiot!!
              Yep. I was glad when he left 610.

Comment

I like Koch and ND on 790, the rest, I could do without

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by salth2o View Post
                  I listen to 97.5 ESPN. Mike and Mike in the AM, Fred and AJ in the afternoon.

They suck less than the rest.
                  I can't stand listening to Fred and AJ.

Comment

Originally posted by Rubi513 View Post
                    I can't stand listening to Fred and AJ.
                    I like them mostly for their insight on sports betting.

Comment

Compared to 15 years ago, Houston sports radio sucks these days.

The best time I can remember was the early 2000s on sports radio 610. Morning drive was Lance Zierlein and John Granato. Afternoon rush hour was Charlie Pallilo and Rich Lord. Those two shows dominated during that time.

Also, it's not just the host these days. It seems that callers are rarely given the time of day unless they stay on hold for an hour or more. Actually, very few segments even include a caller. It used to be that callers of the show made up like half the segments.

Not to mention, the subject matter is all over the place and many of the host have a problem just talking sports. I literally can turn on 610 in the morning and not even hear the previous nights Astros score for half an hour.

Comment

I'll listen to Lance Zierlein anytime. He's had some classic stuff over the years, especially when 1560 was independent. SEC Guy, Slocum on a mobile, Tony the Hatchetman Valentine. The years where he and John Granado had their show were the best. Granado's Spanish Milo Hamilton was freaking hilarious.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by RINCON View Post
                          Innes is an idiot!!
                          Agreed.

Comment

Originally posted by txpitdog View Post
                            I'll listen to Lance Zierlein anytime. He's had some classic stuff over the years, especially when 1560 was independent. SEC Guy, Slocum on a mobile, Tony the Hatchetman Valentine. The years where he and John Granado had their show were the best. Granado's Spanish Milo Hamilton was freaking hilarious.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                            Agreed,

Slocum on a mobile was the best ever

Sportsradio 610 in Houston, TX. Caller with a regular morning segment in 2002, impersonating Texas A&M football coach R.C. Slocum.

Ranchdog
                            Last edited by ranchdog; 04-21-2017, 11:30 AM.

Comment

I don't listen to much sports talk. But I do like political talk radio. When I find myself saying all these people garbage, I realize I need to listen to something else for a while. Like weeks away from it.

Eventually, I turn talk back on, and it no longer sounds so bad. Just my 2 cents.

Comment

Working...
                              X