Nissan Titan XD Diesel or Gas

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nissan Titan XD Diesel or Gas

Looking at new/used trucks. Keep going back and looking at the Nissan Titan XD. Does anybody on the GS own or have owned one and what are your thoughts on it. Pro/Cons

Wanting real world MPG’s on the diesel and gas motors.

Thanks
    Chris

Google problems with 05 &06 radiator leaks into transmissions and see how nissan treated their owners and then decide if you want to do business with a company like that

Comment

Originally posted by Walker View Post
      Google problems with 05 &06 radiator leaks into transmissions and see how nissan treated their owners and then decide if you want to do business with a company like that
      We are on our second Nissan and I couldn't be happier with the customer service

Comment

My rental vehicle was a 2016 4x4 Nissan Titan 4dr (gas) earlier this yr when my truck was wrecked. Drove it for over 3 weeks. My take-aways were the engine is great but the rest of the truck felt cheap & plastic. I wouldn't spend my own money on it.

Comment

Seems like there were a couple guys on this site that had the diesels 6 months or so before trading them back in.

Comment

I've had my 2007 titan since 2010 never pur anything but a starter on it, love it hasn't failed me yet!!!

Comment

I thought more guys had them on here.

Comment

Originally posted by Walker View Post
                Originally posted by Geoff995 View Post
                We are on our second Nissan and I couldn't be happier with the customer service
                We have driven nothing but Nissans for a number of years now. Different models, car, SUV and my last two trucks have been Titans. My current is a 2017 Pro4X gas model that I've been driving for a year. My everyday mileage is over 16 ranging up to 18 depending on how and where I'm driving.

Comment

My wife's been driving Nissans since '09. She has an Armada now. My commuter car is a '08 Xterra with 215k miles and it's been bullet proof. Very happy with our Nissans.

No experience with their diesel trucks though. But I wouldn't hesitate to buy one.

Comment

The reviews I read on the diesel weren't great. Basically that it was trying to fit in between a 1/2 ton and 3/4 ton and didn't do anything well. Underpowered and sluggish for example.

I personally haven't driven one though.

Comment

For the price of them, I’d go with an actual 3/4 ton Diesel from one of the big three.

Comment

I have the 400 hp V-8 Titan, and love it. Pulls my travel trailer or utility with large UTV just great. It will pull both in tandem and doesn't even bog down at all. Empty truck at 55-65 mph it will get 23 mpg all day long. Add on either trailer, and it will average 14 mpg if staying under 65 mph. If I run 80 with the big trailer, it will drop to 8 mpg.

My son has 3 of the Titan XD's, and is getting his fourth one..... One with the diesel and two with the gas. He loves them for what he uses them for. The diesel for heavy hauling with roof rack, bed rack, and pulling trailer is awesome. They are basically a 5/8 ton truck, just under a true 3/4.
                        Last edited by Blank; 10-22-2017, 10:44 AM.

Comment

I’m in the market for the gas titan too mainly because of 5yr/100K bumper to bumper warranty as standard. And I’m pretty impressed w my daily driver 200k+ miles with no major maintenance. But with the hurricane and bunch of insurance must buy shoppers I’m not sure if it’s a good time now

Comment

Originally posted by axisbuck View Post
                            I’m in the market for the gas titan too mainly because of 5yr/100K bumper to bumper warranty as standard. And I’m pretty impressed w my daily driver 200k+ miles with no major maintenance. But with the hurricane and bunch of insurance must buy shoppers I’m not sure if it’s a good time now
                            Forgot to mention that.

Comment

5yr/100k miles bumper to bumper sounds great.

Bad part I put 50k a year on my vehicle.

Comment

Working...
                              X