No announcement yet.

Fenced Up

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Last time I was home I built two pens, I feel your pain brother....

Comment

Originally posted by Grizzly1 View Post
      That’s a lot of work! Just cutting the top squares off is a lot! Good luck!
      That's what I was going to say, I've done it and needed a week to recover from just that step
      Waydago OP...looks really good

Comment

Looks good. They’re more work than you would think.

Comment

36" hog panel would've took a lot of work out of it for ya

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by jon View Post
            36" hog panel would've took a lot of work out of it for ya

Also about 4$ more expensive.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by 2014FusionM View Post
              Also about 4$ more expensive.

Oh dang, didn't realize they went up higher then the cattle panels

Comment

52 inches is the cattle mans standard to keep cows on a property. Seen a few special cows jump 52 inches, and young deer clear 72 inches. Hope it works...............

Comment

Originally posted by thorthunder View Post
                  52 inches is the cattle mans standard to keep cows on a property. Seen a few special cows jump 52 inches, and young deer clear 72 inches. Hope it works...............
                  I don't think these cows would. Time will only tell though. I'm off to Las Vegas next weekend and won't be able to hunt till Thanksgiving week.

Comment

Nice job! I had to do the same to mine last week after having 2 feeders destroyed, feeding the cows a few hundred pounds of corn over the last few months and no deer on trail cameras. I finally had enough.

I chanced it due to the cost and just ran 2 stands of barbed wire on t posts stretched as tight as I could get it. So far so good, no cows on cameras and started seeing deer instantly. Hope it hold them back for the season and I'll put in hog panels if I stay on this place.

It's definitely hard work but you'll be glad you did it.

Comment

Originally posted by S&T View Post
                      Nice job! I had to do the same to mine last week after having 2 feeders destroyed, feeding the cows a few hundred pounds of corn over the last few months and no deer on trail cameras. I finally had enough.

I chanced it due to the cost and just ran 2 stands of barbed wire on t posts stretched as tight as I could get it. So far so good, no cows on cameras and started seeing deer instantly. Hope it hold them back for the season and I'll put in hog panels if I stay on this place.

It's definitely hard work but you'll be glad you did it.
                      I had barbed wire there till the pigs tore up the bottom wire and then the cows tore up the top two. I had pictures of the cows leaning on the wire sticking their head through to eat the corn. That was the deciding factor for me. It worked for about 2-3 weeks.

Comment

Originally posted by 2014FusionM View Post
                        I had barbed wire there till the pigs tore up the bottom wire and then the cows tore up the top two. I had pictures of the cows leaning on the wire sticking their head through to eat the corn. That was the deciding factor for me. It worked for about 2-3 weeks.

That sucks. I hope mine lasts a little longer. I made mine about 5' beyond the furthest thrown corn from the feeder, so maybe 30 yards diameter to try to keep them less interested. We will see how it goes.

Funny thing is they only seem to be after my 3 feeders. The other guys on the lease haven't had any trouble. I was also the first to put them out, so maybe that's it. And they went ahead and did wire fences from the get go.

Good luck this season.

Comment

Nice pen..hope the deer come back. What did you use to tie the cattle panel to the tposts.

Comment

Man you dropped some chingle on those panels. Hope the deer get used to it before the season is over. Good luck.

Comment

Originally posted by axisbuck View Post
                              Nice pen..hope the deer come back. What did you use to tie the cattle panel to the tposts.
                              I used 12 gauge wire that I bent I'm half and and wrapped it.

Comment

Fenced Up

You could have only lowered a few of the panels and it might have directed the deer to certain areas to cross. Looks good!

Comment

Working...
                                X