Inevitable end for all dog lovers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Inevitable end for all dog lovers

Had to put down my pug yesterday. He was 13 years old and my shadow. He’d been slowing down the past 6 months but hit a wall this past couple weeks. Vet said he’s just old and it happens, but yesterday my kids get home before my wife and found him collapsed in the kitchen. Pooped and peed himself and wasn’t hardly responding to anything. Wife calls me all upset and I meet her at vet. Get him on oxygen and he perks up a little bit still not enough. His temp was low 90’s which is cool for a dog. X-rays showed enlarged heart with fluid throughout cavity. It was time whether I liked it or not. Signed the papers and held him till his heart stopped beating. Killed me to say the least. Kids didn’t make it any easier when I got home. Buried him today day at wife’s family farm next to other dogs from their family. Rest In Peace my big boy Bear!

Always a bad day losing a close friend like that. My condolences to you.

Comment

Sorry for your loss.

Comment

I have a 14 year old lab at home and I dread the day. I am truly sorry but you must always remember the unselfish love that hound gave you. They do own your heart!

Comment

Sorry man, nothing better then a good dog

Comment

Hate to hear it, sorry for your loss.

Comment

I was ugly crying the whole time. Could hardly get my hands steady enough to get my debit card from my wallet. Didn’t go directly home. Needed to compose a little before telling kids. Don’t know why I bothered cause seeing them upset made me start right back up. It’s their first experience with death and it’s a hard concept to deal with. I let them miss school today and help me dig the hole and bury Bear with his blanket and some toys.

Comment

Condolences to your family on your loss. As a dog owner you know it’s inevitable but it always hurts your heart - especially when you have young kids. I’ve done it 7 times in my adult life and it never gets any easier.

Comment

Yep. Cried like a baby when I had my last yellow lab put down. Still tear up thinking about it. It was over a decade ago.

Comment

Always very sad to see a pet go, my sympathies to your family.

Comment

Sorry for your lost. I have had to say goodbye to two of my best friends too.

Comment

Thanks for everyone’s kind words

Comment

I think about it often as my JRT is going on nine years. Sorry for your loss.....

Comment

Sorry for your loss.

Comment

Sorry for your loss. Prayer sent for comfort and healing of your heart.

At the end of the day, you did right by your dog. It hurts, but you never want them to suffer.

Comment

Working...
                              X