A v8 taco?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A v8 taco?

I may need to scrap my 4 runner, it has the 4.7L V8. Would it be possible to put this engine in a Tacoma? This is a great engine and would like to reuse somehow.
    Thanks
    Bert

Anything is doable with enough time and money. Won’t be a direct swap & fit, but you could put a 454 in it if you wanted to

Comment

Probably wouldnt fit in the passenger seat, but there should be plenty of room in the bed.

Comment

Based on what I have read it appears that most that have done it wish that they either supercharged the existing motor or done a LS swap. They say it wasn’t worth all the work it required to get it all to jive.

Comment

Of course you could. But doing it for the sake of reusing the engine is misguided. It’s a dohc iron block (its big and its heavy) with a relatively low output, sub par aftermarket and bad bottom end for making any kind of power. You’d be way ahead selling it and ls swapping it for the work being put in.

Comment

Originally posted by ktex View Post
            Probably wouldnt fit in the passenger seat, but there should be plenty of room in the bed.
            Lol. It's alright, might just scratch the dash and overlap his side a bit.

Comment

Just kick the Toyota to the curb and buy a real truck... I know a good Ford dealer...

Comment

look up emissions requirements. In emissions testing counties, you'll run into trouble getting your sticker. Something about all emissions equipment for a given make/model vehicle having to be present and in working order, as determined by the computer. Maybe some hotrod shop has a fix for that, but i've been told several times by different people that its a recipe for frustration.

Comment

Originally posted by nursejenn View Post
                  Just kick the Toyota to the curb and buy a real truck... I know a good Ford dealer...
                  For tha win!

Comment

The 5.7 is the real beast from yota and its a timing chain motor vs belt.
                    The 2006 tundras are not much bigger than a taco

Comment

Back in the day (talking mid 90's), I had a buddy that dropped a Chevy 350 in his old Toyota truck. That thing was absolutely mean!! But like mentioned above, it cost him a lot of money, blood, sweat, and tears.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Comment

Buy the super charger kit from URD and be done.

Comment

Says the jeep owner....[emoji20]

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Quackerbox View Post
                            Says the jeep owner....[emoji20]

Hey our truck is a Ford! The Jeep is my toy!

Comment

Hey our truck is a Ford! The Jeep is my toy!
                              The jeep here has become a toy. Apparently we don't play enough cause the battery was dead.

That said I want a v8 in the JEEP! I'm ok with the 6 in the taco. I don't need it to pull loads

Comment

Working...
                              X