Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Saved

Comment

I just buy the meat already marinated. With the help of a hi-spanick translator

Comment

Originally posted by bboswell View Post
        Tag
        x2

Comment

First ingredient is MSG, probably not good. Honestly the one in the recipe is the best I have ever had. And it's red!

http://discussions.texasbowhunter.co...ghlight=fajita

Comment

Originally posted by ladrones View Post
            Those paste have far to much sodium in them.
            Just make your own fresh with some guajillo chiles. Pretty easy to do. I have a recipe.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
            Could you post the recipe please? The hard part of that would be finding fresh guajillo chili’s.

Comment

There is a mexican market near me. When I go to the meat counter it is stuffed with the red meat. I thought it was dyed, and to me does not look real appetizing Might have to try it.

Comment

Originally posted by texan4ut View Post
                There is a mexican market near me. When I go to the meat counter it is stuffed with the red meat. I thought it was dyed, and to me does not look real appetizing Might have to try it.
                You should definitely try it. The pork taco meat (pastor) and marinated skirt steak are typically amazing.

Been wanting a recipe myself to add with some ground pork meat for tacos, will be trying some of the suggestions.

Comment

Originally posted by Etxnoodler View Post
                  Could you post the recipe please? The hard part of that would be finding fresh guajillo chili’s.
                  You should be able to find dried guajillo's easy.
                  Guajillo's are a sweeter chile.

8-10 dried guajillo chile peppers.
                  Stems and seeds removed.
                  8 cloves garlic peeled.
                  1T of achiote paste
                  Two large onions juiced.
                  Two limes juiced.
                  1/4 cup Apple cider vinegar.
                  1T chipotles powder
                  1t mexican oregano
                  1t ground cumin
                  1/2t black pepper
                  Salt to preference.

Cover peppers and garlic in water and bring to boil for 10-12 minutes.
                  Set aside for ten minutes.
                  Add all other ingredients into blendtec.
                  With slotted spoon add chile and garlic to blendtec.
                  Add 1/2 cup of fresh water
                  Blend.
                  If to thick add more water.
                  Strain trough wire mesh.
                  Salt to preference.

Cover meat with above marinade and refrigerate for at least 24 hours.

Comment

Not much help here but if you have a Michuacana market near you try the carne de puerco adobada. They are thinish pork chops marinated in adobo.

Also rumor is that the red marinade at la Michuacana is El Venado fajita seasoning (pictured previously) and pineapple juice.

Comment

Msg

Comment

It’s just a fajita seasoning. You can buy it at most grocery stores. But you have to find one you like . Most taste pretty much the same. With little twist. I like to add a little more than you think you need.

Comment

Originally posted by Etxnoodler View Post

There is no MSG in the paste I posted above. Its annatto seeds and spices.

Water, Annatto Seed, Corn Flour, Salt, Garlic, Spices, Acetic Acid And Sodium Benzoate As A Preservative

In fact, it doesn't taste salty at all. It needs additional salt.

Mix it with orange, pineapple juice or a little vinegar and cooking oil. Blend. Then marinate. Pineapple and orange juice, like vinegar, will turn your meat to mush if you leave it marinating too long.

You can buy guajillo chili powder in bulk at Whole Foods or central market or just order it from Amazon.

Comment

Originally posted by SKLOSS View Post
                            That’s not meat. It’s uterus from a menstruating cow.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                            Dang! I must be a Bull cause I love me some menstruating cow uterus!

Comment

Originally posted by JLivi1224 View Post
                              How long are you mango guys letting marinate?
                              How long is too long?

Comment

Originally posted by duckmanep View Post
                                You should definitely try it. The pork taco meat (pastor) and marinated skirt steak are typically amazing.

Been wanting a recipe myself to add with some ground pork meat for tacos, will be trying some of the suggestions.
                                No kidding. I still haven't tried any of the pastor from there though. Have you tried that taco trailer in Lone Star? I got some of the pastor tacos from there the other day and they were pretty good.

Comment

Working...
                                X