Mini Truck- test drive and questions?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mini Truck- test drive and questions?

Anyone have a mini truck around Temple, Georgetown, Lampasas, San Saba, Burnet, Llano, Brady, Mason, or Menard that I might be able to see and or get a ride in?
    I'm thinking about getting one but all the dealers I can find are a pretty good ways off. I travel through all the towns I mentioned on my way to the lease depending on which way I go.

I've looked at all the old threads on mini trucks but if anyone wants to throw out some newer info I'm happy to hear whats out there.

up for the Sunday crowd.

Comment

Not exactly sure what you are looking for. We (my company) recently bought a Chevy Colorado with the mini Duramax motor. The ride is very smooth and comfortable and so far the truck has done all we could ask for. I pulled the F350 work truck out of the mud with it a few weeks back. Apparently the neighbors large pond has a seep in the dam, which made for a soft pocket on the property next door. The heavy F350 just sank when it got to the boggy ground. Without any real bottom and traction the truck was stuck. We pulled the little Colorado up to it, hooked chains and drove out. I get a solid 28-29 MPG on the hwy with that little Duramax. Wait another year or two and the EPA will have it F'd up as well like the other diesels that no longer get the great milage.

Comment

Thanks Bones, but I'm referring to the little Japanese mini trucks. See a lot of the converted into deer lease rides.

Comment

Get a 4x4 one with a/c if you can.

Comment

By mini are you talking about the small little trucks from China?
            No help other than i see some dealers when going up 59/69 to Texarkana and farther up though Arkansas

Comment

Craigslist shows a guy in san marcos with some.

Comment

I've had 2, still have one but I'm too far for a test drive, but I can answer almost any questions about them. Been driving one for over 11 years

Comment

Originally posted by Low Fence View Post
                  I've had 2, still have one but I'm too far for a test drive, but I can answer almost any questions about them. Been driving one for over 11 years
                  Cool. I here they are not the smoothest ride, is there any mods that can be done to help this?
                  Biggest question I have is how much can they tow? I'm needing to tow around 3000 lbs about once a month on the lease, low speed on ranch roads. Will they do it?

Comment

Hope you are a very small person

Comment

3000 would be over loaded. I hauled a hair over 2000 everyday down the highway at road speed. It's a load. 3 would break something I'd imagine

Smooth roads they ride great. Rough pot holes are pretty rough at any speed

Comment

Working...
                      X