No announcement yet.

Gulf Shores

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If you decide to stay in Jackson, stay in Madison or Ridgeland. They are north of Jackson on I55. Several nice hotels in that area.

Comment

we stayed just off of I-10 in Baton Rouge and it was a good break up on the drive - Go eat at Parrains in Baton Rouge if you are there around dinner time and get the "Crispy catfish"

Comment

I lived in the Jackson area for about 5 years. You'll be safe in Pearl. There is a Bass Pro right off of I-20 with a couple hotels near by. Walking distance to several restaurants and a really nice outlet mall.

Comment

Originally posted by Walding1989 View Post
          Thanks for all the responses. Would we be better off to stay in Baton Rouge then drive into Gulf Shores Sunday morning? Traffic is what I am concerned with going that route.
          I wouldn't stay anywhere near BR as the traffic is horrendous and you'll add another 2-3 hours to your trip.

Stay of I-20E (sleep near Monroe/W. Monroe/Pearl) and drive US-49S to Jackson to Hattiesburg then Hwy98E to Mobile and I-10 rest of way

You're looking at a 10 ~ 11 hr drive one-way. I'd break it up into two 5.5 hour days with an infant. Get you some good groceries, some rest & relaxation, and arrive alive !

edit food options: if staying near Monroe, I agree with Cottons as Warehouse and Waterfront Grill also have great groceries
          Last edited by Cajun Blake; 06-18-2019, 01:56 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Cajun Blake View Post
            I wouldn't stay anywhere near BR as the traffic is horrendous and you'll add another 2-3 hours to your trip.

Stay of I-20E (sleep near Monroe/W. Monroe/Pearl) and drive US-49S to Jackson to Hattiesburg then Hwy98E to Mobile and I-10 rest of way

You're looking at a 10 ~ 11 hr drive one-way. I'd break it up into two 5.5 hour days with an infant. Get you some good groceries, some rest & relaxation, and arrive alive !
            This is what we will do. Thanks for help.

Comment

We stayed in Hammond last year. No traffic and E of BR so no morning traffic! Maybe 3.5 hours to gulf shores the next day.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Walding1989 View Post
                We will be leaving from the Denton area. If it was just the wife and I we would drive straight through but don't know how the 2 year old daughter will do..
                We've made 2 long trips with our 18 month old, first when she was almost a year, as well as my 3 boys. Both times we left at about 11 PM. I drove for about 6 hours then found a rest area, took a little nap and finished up the drive. All the kids did just fine

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Comment

We do this trip every year and have for 15+. We stop in downtown Jackson at the Hilton Garden Inn. Nice hotel with a garage right in the middle of town. Jackson is not the nicest city but we’ve never had a problem. That hotel has a nice restaurant so we just eat dinner there.

This year we’re changing it up a little bit. Going to drive straight through to Mobile and get a room so that we have an easy drive Sunday morning when we get up.

Comment

Originally posted by Acameron52 View Post
                    We do this trip every year and have for 15+. We stop in downtown Jackson at the Hilton Garden Inn. Nice hotel with a garage right in the middle of town. Jackson is not the nicest city but we’ve never had a problem. That hotel has a nice restaurant so we just eat dinner there.

This year we’re changing it up a little bit. Going to drive straight through to Mobile and get a room so that we have an easy drive Sunday morning when we get up.

If you go through Mobile and over the bay on I-10 there are a couple of Marriott brands, Courtyard and Fairfield, in the Bass Pro Shops development. That gets you through the Mobile congestion.

I can't find the link but there was fire on Perdido Key this morning. I think it got about 12-15 condo units but it did not sound like they were in any of the towers. Somewhere across from Flora-Bama.

Comment

Originally posted by 17ncs View Post
                      I can't find the link but there was fire on Perdido Key this morning. I think it got about 12-15 condo units but it did not sound like they were in any of the towers. Somewhere across from Flora-Bama.
                      About 200 yard from the Flora-Bama club, Key Harbor Condos. Bay side.

Comment

Originally posted by Mike View Post
                        About 200 yard from the Flora-Bama club, Key Harbor Condos. Bay side.

That’s not good. We stay real close to Florabama, but we’re on the beach side. I’m brain farting on what condo it is.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

We are leaving tomorrow and going to stay the night in Mobile.

Comment

Gonna be making this trip towards the end of july and planning on driving straight through. We've never been and I'm already not looking forward to the drive lol

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Comment

Not sure if the links and video will work on this.

Comment

Rip currents all along the Panhandle. 4 drownings in about 7-10 days.
                                Y'all be careful.

Comment

Working...
                                X