Ashton's 2018 Bosque County Buck

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ashton's 2018 Bosque County Buck

Well what can I say besides “God is Good”. December 16, 2018 found Miss Ashton and I overlooking our favorite food plot along the North Bosque River. With her college and work schedule, it has been extremely difficult for her to spend time hunting this year. So I decided early on that I was going to put very little pressure on our river ground until her winter break between semesters.

The morning hunt was very slow; we knew we had very little time to hunt before church but a little is better than none. We did more visiting about school and work than deer watching that morning. I also think the swirling winds did not help us much so we decided to give the plot another try for our evening hunt. We were not able to get into the stand early do to my wife’s birthday lunch but did make it, only bumped two off the plot walking in. After a brief hour sit Ashton punched her 2018 Bosque County Buck tag. We knew this buck very well; he was a buck that had been off and on our river grounds for 6 years. He stayed very true to his frame the last 4 seasons and was a great deer for her to take. Ashton was supposed to come in Friday evening to start her hunt but her employer had other plans for her. Ashton’s unexpected work pushed her first hunt off until Sunday morning which gave me Saturday to scout the plot a little. Believe it or not, the first 3 bucks that eased onto the river plot Saturday morning were mature shooters. And the last was this 9 point. I videoed him along with a couple others and was sending photos via text while she was working with messages like, “wished you were here” and “look what your old mans about to kill”………With response like, “remember I have not bought your Christmas present yet” and “don’t make me call Mom”………

Back to Sunday afternoon, her and I were watching one of the four half rack bucks ease out into the plot when all of a sudden Ashton ask, “what buck is this”? As I slowly leaned forward to get a better look, it did not take me long to figure it out. As the buck cleared the timber at about 50 yards to our north, I whispered he’s mature and is the best buck we have this year. She eased her Weatherby out the window and got a good rest. As the buck was moving around the feeder, I leaned over and whispered “you need me to tell you where to hold the crosshairs”? I felt the stand shake a little as she giggled, sure glad I could not ready her mind……ha ha

A few seconds later the Weatherby rang off and the buck hit the ground. A couple last second kicks and the buck was hers. We sat there for a minute smiling and whispering before we eased down and put our hands on him. He was exactly what we thought and she was grinning ear to ear. Quite frankly these days, that’s what it is all about to me, my kids smiling ear to ear!
    We are so blessed with all the great opportunities that God gives us each year in the woods and can’t wait to see what the next will be. With Ashton’s River Buck, Breck and my Christoval bucks it’s on to trying to find some greenheads to bang so stay tuned.

Hope each enjoyed the read as much as I enjoyed the experience with my daughter. Attached are photos captured off my video, trail camera photos and a few LDP’s, the next to last one is for 2 of our favorite TBH member’s………….any guess’s?

Merry Christmas to each of you and God Bless.
    Rwc
    Attached Files

Thats a good un. Congrats to the both of you !!!!

Comment

great story Richard, making memories!!

Comment

Pretty deer there

Comment

Sweeeeeettttt!

Comment

Outstanding.

Congrats to the both of you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Heck yeah, greatness!!

Comment

Awesome congrats to both of you and great write up.

Comment

Congrats

Comment

I've been waiting to see this one pop up. Congrats to Ashton and you!! Great buck and even better memories!!!!

Comment

Congrats! She looks happy with herself, and she should be! Great buck

Comment

That's awesome! Congrats on another nice one, you guys never dissapoint.

Quality TGP as well.

Comment

WTG Ashton, great write up dad, well done. Congrats to you both, Merry Christmas.

Comment

Originally posted by Dale Moser View Post
                            That's awesome! Congrats on another nice one, you guys never dissapoint.

Quality TGP as well.
                            That did not take long.......Ashton laughed when I explained why the tailgate photo........She said, "the man at the Levi Baur Fund Raiser in a straw cowboy hat and flip flops that crashed at Hawks"???????? Yep, that's the one..........ha ha

Rwc

Comment

Awesome job Ashton Congrats

Comment

Working...
                              X