Oink, Oink II

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Oink, Oink II

Stickbows and pig hunting, man do I love this stuff!! This past weekend I headed south for a protein run. Luckily I had packed my new morrison longbow, and a few arrows. I really hadn't planned on hunting anything other than sheds, but late Friday afternoon I couldn't stand it. I headed for a sweet little spot that I had built a few years ago for our hog hunters. Although I had tracked many hogs for clients from this spot, I had never actually sat there myself. At 5:30 I was nestled into a ground blind that I had built out of cut mesquite limbs. I wired the limbs together in the form of a teepee with a small shooting hole. It had held up nicely. It is situated 25 yards from a feeder that sits where a small right of way meets a small drainage leading to two small ponds. It is a honey hole! All of the hunters that have sat there, tell me how close the deer come to the blind without detection. Sure enough, I had 3 bucks in my corn pile not 12 yards from me, before the feeder went off at 6:30. Ten minutes later a nice boar crossed the right of way. With all of the greenery, I lost him for a moment. Then he appeared to my right not 10 feet from my corn pile. Then he headed for the feeder. Over the next 45 minutes he never got within 18 or so yards. Light was starting to worry me. I decided to force the action because it was getting dark. When he feed behind some cactus, I slipped out of the blind. I crawled to with in about 12 yards when he eased out from behind the cactus. From my knees I took the shot as he rounded the feeder. My white fletch stung him low and right behind his quartering away shoulder. Man was I pumped!

Big piggy

Comment

COOOL..Looks like my old girlfriend.

Comment

Good Stuff ATTABOY!!!!!

Comment

"I slipped out of the blind. I crawled to with in about 12 yards when he eased out from behind the cactus." Cahones of steel...That's all I can say about that with a hog that big.

Comment

Congrats on the big pig, is that a Morrison bow.

Comment

Great story! They are a blast to hunt. Congrats.

Comment

Way to go

Comment

Awesome!!!!

Comment

nice little piggy

Comment

That is a pig and a half. Congrats!

Comment

Good looking pig! Nice shot!

Comment

Nice boar! I bet he didn't run too far, looks like a perfect hit.

Comment

What a hoss!

Comment

Nice hog.

Comment

Working...
                              X