Announcement

Collapse

TBH Maintenance

Ongoing TBH Website maintenance this evening to whenever. Your TBH visit may not be optimal during this service window.
See more
See less

Select Baseball 2018

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jer_james View Post
    I thought so - I was just curious. They have been at or near the top for a while now it seems.
    Yep, this group has been one of the 2-3 best since 7u. Great organization from the outside looking in for sure.

Comment

Originally posted by systemnt View Post
      I guarantee they will be playing.. until lightning...then you sit in parking lot and wait for them to resume...repeat a few times.... then they cancel

think weather is supposed to be crappy through tonight/tomorrow isnt it?
      Yeah we've done that a few times out there.

Comment

USSSA...all about that money. They will play thru slop and rain to at least get 1-2 games in. So can keep some of your money

This rain may make it interesting this weekend

Comment

We are supposed to have a scrimmage this evening against the Nationals but doesn’t look like that is going to happen

Comment

We are playing at BBUSA this weekend, pool games tomorrow night. Hoping we get a decent weather window.

Comment

Originally posted by DKirk View Post
              We are playing at BBUSA this weekend, pool games tomorrow night. Hoping we get a decent weather window.
              What age? they moved your pool to Friday? dirt fields must still be closed....

Comment

What age? they moved your pool to Friday? dirt fields must still be closed....
                10u, they asked for volunteers and we had some potential schedule conflicts Saturday so I took the Friday games. This will be our first time playing there.

Comment

Originally posted by DKirk View Post
                  10u, they asked for volunteers and we had some potential schedule conflicts Saturday so I took the Friday games. This will be our first time playing there.
                  Hope yall don't make a run Sunday lol.

It is a nice complex

Comment

Originally posted by Txprowler View Post
                    Anyone playing at Ford park in Beaumont this weekend?
                    Is your team in Beaumont or close to Beaumont?

Comment

Found out son is out for two weeks maybe longer depending on how rehab goes, Apophysitis of the pelvis/hip. Rehab work starts tomorrow. Just some advice, find a good sports medicine doctor before you need one. When pain starts, get them checked out. Doctor said, we found it early, could of been a lot worse if we waited. Son is heartbroken he will miss the tournament this weekend. Had to remind him he need to think long term keeping his body healthy.

Comment

Originally posted by Richardcranium4 View Post
                        Found out son is out for two weeks maybe longer depending on how rehab goes, Apophysitis of the pelvis/hip. Rehab work starts tomorrow. Just some advice, find a good sports medicine doctor before you need one. When pain starts, get them checked out. Doctor said, we found it early, could of been a lot worse if we waited. Son is heartbroken he will miss the tournament this weekend. Had to remind him he need to think long term keeping his body healthy.
                        Prayers for your boy.. good advice on the doc.
                        We found one early with our competitive cheer daughter.. having one that understands an athletes skills will definitely help with diagnosis and recoveries..

Comment

Had this debate with another parent yesterday....Would you rather your kid be on a top end team and be the last batter and primary RF or be on not as good a team and be 6/7 hole and get to play various positions?

Comment

Prayers for your boy.. good advice on the doc.
                            We found one early with our competitive cheer daughter.. having one that understands an athletes skills will definitely help with diagnosis and recoveries..
                            Thank you for the prayers.

And that is how we found our doctor. My daughter has been doing competitive cheer for 11 years.

Comment

Originally posted by UncleCharlie View Post
                              Had this debate with another parent yesterday....Would you rather your kid be on a top end team and be the last batter and primary RF or be on not as good a team and be 6/7 hole and get to play various positions?
                              I have always believed that a player should be on the highest level team that they can, that they still get significant playing time. You don’t want them to be the best player, because players get better playing with better players, and you don’t want them to be the worst, because they will not get the playing time they need to develop. IMO

Comment

Originally posted by Richardcranium4 View Post
                                man thats tough, hope he rebounds quick

Originally posted by UncleCharlie View Post
                                assuming the kid wants to be on the team he's on, it would boil down to the coaching he was receiving. if i trusted the coach and felt like he was getting quality instruction, and if he wanted to play on the team, i would leave him where he was. he will get better playing better kids every day and if its something he really loves it will push him to work harder for a spot.

Comment

Working...
                                X