Hey Oilfield Guys!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Bumpy View Post
    I wonder how the guys who talked about USW Union Employees feel about Oilfield workers?
    Are oilfield workers unionized or do they actually have to work and pull their weight to get raises?

Comment

Originally posted by jaime1982 View Post
      Are oilfield workers unionized or do they actually have to work and pull their weight to get raises?
      We uave to work and pull our weight to earn our paycheck.

Comment

I was Union right outta high school. By age 20 I had that bs figured out. While they were loosing money, and contracts we kept on going. I have no use for these modern Unions. They are not the Union of my Grandfather.

Comment

Originally posted by Ragin' View Post
          I was Union right outta high school. By age 20 I had that bs figured out. While they were loosing money, and contracts we kept on going. I have no use for these modern Unions. They are not the Union of my Grandfather.
          Smart men learn quick

Comment

Originally posted by bowhuntertex View Post
            We uave to work and pull our weight to earn our paycheck.
            If you guys were a union like IBEW you'd be working elsewhere earning a paycheck.

Comment

If you guys were a union like IBEW you'd be working elsewhere earning a paycheck.
              Nope being unionized wouldn't magically make jobs available in our field of work

Comment

Im fine where im at, not paying dues.

Comment

Not a union guy at all but not sure how that makes one bit of difference in this market. Yes, i am losing my ***.

Comment

Originally posted by Artos View Post
                    You chaps have any links that I can refer to on any of these US to Mexico / NG projects??

I'm hearing some chatter about the Brownsville ship channel getting dredged to handle the upcoming project to liquefy the NG similar to what's coming up in Bay City & La, but not much on projects of NG heading to Mex.

Thanks!!
                    Will be sending you a PM...

Comment

Rotflmao!!!!!! [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

Comment

I have worked around tons of union workers and they were the laziest bunch of workers I have ever seen. Always whining about this or that. I have and will always have a job better than any union can get for me. I earn my paycheck. I just don't show up when I want and expect a check.

Comment

Looks like we have yet another union guy that has a total lack of understanding of economics. You cant just magically make work. The company must be able to sell the product for a profit in order to employ people.

Comment

Originally posted by miket View Post
                            Looks like we have yet another union guy that has a total lack of understanding of economics. You cant just magically make work. The company must be able to sell the product for a profit in order to employ people.
                            Agreed. I worked in a pipe fitters/AC union in Austin for a year and WILL NEVER EVER EVR go back to one. Biggest joke I've ever been around. And yes. Work just don't magically appear when you want. I sat at home more than I've ever done and saw other guys not work for up to two months Bc there wasn't any work coming in.

Comment

Some of these Union folks make stupid statements and especially at the wrong time or wrong place. And this thread is in the place for this individual to be making these type of stupid statements. Hopefully everyone effected on this thread had a good Christmas and I wish the best for next years economy in the oil/gas related industry!!

Comment

Originally posted by tps7742 View Post
                                Some of these Union folks make stupid statements and especially at the wrong time or wrong place. And this thread is in the place for this individual to be making these type of stupid statements. Hopefully everyone effected on this thread had a good Christmas and I wish the best for next years economy in the oil/gas related industry!!
                                Well said!

Comment

Working...
                                X