6.5 wby rpm

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

6.5 wby rpm

I was looking and there is literally no difference between the space aged 6.5 rpm and the 280 remington. Both will push 140 gr bullet 3000 fps. Both use standand bolt face and action. Whats the big deal

Comment

Originally posted by DWA View Post
      I was looking and there is literally no difference between the space aged 6.5 rpm and the 280 remington. Both will push 140 gr bullet 3000 fps. Both use standand bolt face and action. Whats the big deal

Weatherby just breaking tradition and getting on the belt less cartridge craze.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Two different calibers. .264 vs .284. Can get much better BCs out of a .264, especially at 140gr.

But every new cartridge in the last 50 years has done exactly what you’ve said

Comment

Rpm looks more on par with a 6.5-06. I see alot of people on here praising 6.5 prc. Weatherby just seemed to have taken short action performance and put it in a long action.smh.

Comment

Last edited by DWA; 11-25-2020, 05:01 AM.

Comment

The ammo is unaffordable and unfindable. Means it must be good right,?

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Comment

I guess so. Ive listened to there podcast. They said the wanted to build ultra light long action??? Then decided on the cartridge. I love weatherby cartridges for what they are. Hard hitting, fast, flat,loud, and a little coolness factor. I cant get behind the speed king of the 6.5s, the 6.5x300. Oh man that thing is fast. This isnt it. Should have been named 6.5 neverbee.

Now for a quick Creedmoor Rant.

JustinJ, your wrong about the every cartridge i.n the last 50 yrs does that. What about the one that will eventually all but kill the ones we grew up on @2550 fps. 243 dead 25-06 dead 7mm-08 dead all with in our lifetime. Hell its got its hands around the 308s neck right now. The 6.5 CM is here to stay. All the variants off the 308 will go way and they will just sprinkle some Creedmoor on it. 6mmCm 25CM 7CM 8CM all being wildcatted now. If you dont believe me look how many kids are using the 6.5 CM that will never have to get a bigger gun as they get older.
                Last edited by DWA; 11-25-2020, 06:39 AM.

Comment

I guess so. Ive listened to there podcast. They said the wanted to build ultra light long action??? Then decided on the cartridge. I love weatherby cartridges for what they are. Hard hitting, fast, flat,loud, and a little coolness factor. I cant get behind the speed king of the 6.5s, the 6.5x300. Oh man that thing is fast. This isnt it. Should have been named 6.5 neverbee.

JustinJ, your wrong about the every cartridge i.n the last 50 yrs does that. What about the one that will eventually all but kill the ones we grew up on @2550 fps. 243 dead 25-06 dead 7mm-08 dead all with in our lifetime. Hell its got its hands around the 308s neck right now. The 6.5 CM is here to stay. All the variants off the 308 will go way and they will just sprinkle some Creedmoor on it. 6mmCm 25CM 7CM 8CM all being wildcatted now. If you dont believe me look how many kids are using the 6.5 CM that will never have to get a bigger gun as they get older.
                  Yeah, maybe them Swedes were on to something back in 1890 6.5 been used to kill things for over a hunnert years now.

Comment

Originally posted by JustinJ View Post
                    Two different calibers. .264 vs .284. Can get much better BCs out of a .264, especially at 140gr.

But every new cartridge in the last 50 years has done exactly what you’ve said
                    They’re always slight tweaks to make what someone considers improvements. Some catch on and some don’t. Some get the backing by Hornady, and then the world thinks they’re the best the since sliced bread. I dont think anything backed by Hornady is typically better, but I think it stands a MUCH better chance of being supported in the future.

Comment

I think we’re agreeing. There’s no such thing a revolutionary cartridge these days

Comment

That cartridge will not gain much traction IMO especially with the PRC being available. To get the RPM you have to get their Mark V rifle and I doubt any other manufacturer will chamber one. The 6.5-300 was kinda a bust also with bullet integrity. I’ve said for along time that they should have just did a 6.5 WBY off the 257/270/7mm WBY case instead of the 6.5-300. They would be exactly where they are with the 6.5RPM and if they chambered it in the Vanguard also they probably would have seen much better results.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Good Lord, not another one...

Comment

Working...
                          X