Need input on a new camera

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Need input on a new camera

Unfortunately, someone decided that they needed my camera more than me, and decided to liberate it from my back seat, while simultaneously freeing the glass from my back window. Luckily, insurance is covering most of the stuff that was taken, but I'm kind of stuck as to what I should replace it with.

I think I've finally learned that the glass is what's important, so I was thinking of maybe looking for a decent used body and spending the majority of the money on lenses. I'm hoping to have about 1500-1800 to play with, which I know isn't a whole bunch, but I think it can get me something that will serve my purposes (mainly landscapes and occasional wildlife).

Any ideas on what I should start looking for? Is this even a good plan? Any input is appreciated.

Bump

Comment

I have heard nothing but great comments about the Tamron 150-600. If you are really into wildlife photography I would suggest it. I do not have one, but will be getting one with Christmas funds.

Comment

I mainly shoot sports photography so I don't have much knowledge on wildlife and landscape photography needs. I value quality lenses with a body that has great auto focus and shoots high fps. Also, I shoot a lot in poor lighting so high iso capabilities is a must.

I would recommend https://www.keh.com as a great place if you want to shop used.

Comment

I got a cannon rebel t5i takes good pictures (I can't take good pictures) but other than that I have little experance other wise

Comment

Working...
          X