Willie Nelson?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by rattler03 View Post
    I'm a big fan. If just considering songwriting (not singing or performing) I don't think he can be beat in the country music genre. Seven spanish angels is probably my favorite, but there isn't much of his that I don't like.
    He didn't write 7 Spanish Angels.

Comment

More of a fan of Trigger...if that box could talk!

Comment

Saw him at Flores Country store in Helotes, back in the early 70's. Like his older music and with Walon.

Comment

He's the best. For those who went to his shows and were disappointed it's b/c Willie has his own style (no singer sounds the same in the studio as they do on stage) plus he's like 783 years old now. You're there to witness a legend, not hear an auto-tuned Luke Brian or Blake Shelton style hack. I've seen him dozens of times. The shows are ALWAYS great. Never once been disappointed.

Comment

Originally posted by salth2o View Post
            Willie is my all time favorite. I love his back phrasing during the live performances.

Willie Nelson - 1997 - Funny How Time Slips Away - YouTube
            That was cool, I think we are going to see him at Winstar the day after thanksgiving, going to mess with our family deer hunting trip a little but not sure how many more times we will get to see Willie.

Comment

Originally posted by Russ79 View Post
              He is a great song writer and a pretty doggone good musician, but as a singer not much in my opinion. Here is what fascinates me about singers that become huge...in concerts they many times don't sing the songs they way they were recorded that made them hits. I guess singing the same song over and over you want to do it a little different sometimes, but if I am paying big money to see someone in concert because of their songs I heard on the radio then I want to hear it that way.
              Exactly what I think. Especially the part about changing up the songs. That drives me nuts no matter who it is.

I did meet him a few times when he came to Cleburne to visit his brother. What impressed me the most about him is that he never quit no matter how bad it got in the old days and he kept on doing it his way whether anyone liked it or not.

Comment

I like him and a good deal of his music, but certainly not all of it.
                Five stars for Bigfoot's post!
                Luke Bryan SUCKS!

Comment

Originally posted by UltraMax View Post
                  yeah, until ya'll started talking politics
                  This right here^^^^^^^^^^^!!!

Love his music hate his politics!

They call if dope for a reason!

Comment

IMPORTANT NOTICE: No media files are hosted on these forums. By clicking the link below you agree to view content from an external website. We can not be held responsible for the suitability or legality of this material. Posting of objectionable material in text, attachments or embedded links is grounds for immediate suspension.
                    I AGREE, PLAY EMBEDDED VIDEO

Comment

I worked for a guy that drove his bus for a few years.

Comment

One of my favorite musicians ever (RECORDED). I've seen him live 5 or 6 times and was disappointed with each of them. He simply sucks live, in my opinion. Never know when he'll decide to spend 2 hours covering some obscure crappy musician that we've never heard of.

Comment

I dig his music generally speaking

Comment

Originally posted by lab man View Post
                            I'm a fan. Angel Flying to Close to the Ground, Blue Eyes Crying in the Rain, Georgia and Last Thing I Needed.
                            Yep. These would be my picks as well. Love me some Willie! My wife HATES him!

Comment

Whiskey River Take my Mind!!!!

Yeesh... I can't remember how many times I've seen the dude play...

Not a huge fan... but it was always something to do with a beverage and a girl.

Agree with TUCO... you can't beat Waylon. I'd have a hard time if you made me choose between Hank Jr and Willie too.

Comment

In a fetal position with drool on my chin

Comment

Working...
                                X