Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks guys!

Comment

Be sure & research the beech you plan to hunt. Metal detectors are prohibited in state & national parks.

I started in 1983. Great hobby for the entire family.

Comment

Mine is a Garrett GTAx1250

Comment

Originally posted by northtxhunter View Post
          Be sure & research the beech you plan to hunt. Metal detectors are prohibited in state & national parks.

^^^THIS^^^

Do NOT get caught with one on Padre Island National Seashore...you will be arrested.

And wherever you hunt be sure to take any dug trash with you and fill in your holes.

Comment

PM TXDIRTFISHER on here if he doesn't chime in, very knowledgeable.

Comment

You can take Bounty Hunter TK4 Tracker IV Metal Detector - it is a good budget defector, works very well. Can find silver, gold, small metal items etc. Also you can read this article for more info. I take this detector from here.

Cons:
              Easy to use.
              Automatic ground balancing.
              Waterproof.
              Comfortable handling pole.

Comment

Originally posted by Native Texan View Post
                ^^^THIS^^^

Do NOT get caught with one on Padre Island National Seashore...you will be arrested.

And wherever you hunt be sure to take any dug trash with you and fill in your holes.
                Originally posted by northtxhunter View Post

Very good advice.

Couple guys decided to go detecting at night in a certain park. They took a boat to reach said park. After they were caught that night, their lives were turned upside down, inside out, and every other possible combination. Warrants to search their houses were even granted. Their trial ended up at a military base. Yikes!

Comment

Originally posted by Pigpiggy View Post
                  Very good advice.

Couple guys decided to go detecting at night in a certain park. They took a boat to reach said park. After they were caught that night, their lives were turned upside down, inside out, and every other possible combination. Warrants to search their houses were even granted. Their trial ended up at a military base. Yikes!
                  We'll just be going to Surfside beach, but thanks to all for the info about it being illegal in some areas

Comment

The hand wand is a good tool to have with the detector. It's a "spot on" tool.

Comment

Ive scoured the Surfside beaches. If you consider rusted hooks, leader material and up to $.38 in assorted change treasure you are about to hit the jackpot!

Comment

Originally posted by Man View Post
                        Ive scoured the Surfside beaches. If you consider rusted hooks, leader material and up to $.38 in assorted change treasure you are about to hit the jackpot!
                        Time with my boys.......and I'm luckier than a two peckered billygoat!

Comment

AT Pro not sure if it is sub 400 though. Get the garrett hand pointer also.

Comment

You can find some good stuff on the beach if you are persistent. Just like fishing in the surf, it's all about timing and location. Read up on beach hunting and you can improve your odds.

I've seen a lot of gold rings pulled from the sand. Surfside has a lot of history too, and I heard of a very rare Spanish "Jola" coin being found there a few years ago.

Comment

Originally posted by Traildust View Post
                              Drunk women, tanning lotion and jewelry make a good combo for treasure hunters!
                              Pics, or no go.

Comment

Originally posted by Traildust View Post
                                Time with my boys.......and I'm luckier than a two peckered billygoat!
                                Agreed. My son and I dug up a set of old rusty pliers once and it might as well have been a bar of gold. Good times! I would suggest getting a pin pointer as well.

Comment

Working...
                                X