Federal power shock didn’t expand.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Federal power shock didn’t expand.

Happy ending. Took out both front shoulders with an exit that look like an entrance. He dropped at the feeder and after an hour had to finish him with a knife.

4X3. My best hill country buck.

-------------------------------
    Violence never settles anything
    -Genghis Kahn

I had the exact same thing happen to me a couple weeks ago but mine was a Grim Reaper. Penetration and shot placement was good enough to kill the deer, but the blades never opened. Frustrating

Comment

What caliber & what did the carnage look like when you dressed him??

Comment

Originally posted by Artos View Post
        What caliber & what did the carnage look like when you dressed him??

30.06. 150 gr. Clean hole straight through. Just bruised meat. I’ll see the bone damage when I process him.

-Genghis Kahn

Comment

I have cut one deer's throat in my life and swore I'd never do it again. Glad you had a happy ending but hate that you had to finish the deer an hour after you shot him.

Comment

Well it busted through both shoulders and did minimal damage to the meat. I would say it performed perfect. Probably expanded and the base stayed solid. You did good and I would keep using that ammo.

Comment

Give the Federal Fusion a try...Dad has been using 150's in his 06 & been performing fantastically. It's also priced right.

Comment

Originally posted by Artos View Post
                Give the Federal Fusion a try...Dad has been using 150's in his 06 & been performing fantastically. It's also priced right.

I’ll have to try them. These power shocks group well out of my old 721.

-Genghis Kahn

Comment

Working...
                X