2017 Baseball CWS "The Road to Omaha"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Burntorange Bowhunter View Post
    We had a long all stars 8u weekend so I fell asleep at 3-3 after the controversial call. Woke up to see that Texas lost.
    Was more than one 'controversial call'...it didn't end there...

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by jmock87 View Post
      Just your random Beaver alum in here to say that we are excited for the Super and glad to be over 50 wins for the season last weekend.
      There's a Tiger in your way.

Comment

10 pm again. Wonderful. It sucks getting old.

Comment

Originally posted by Burntorange Bowhunter View Post
          10 pm again. Wonderful. It sucks getting old.

Yup.... may have to take a nap to watch this one[emoji23]

Comment

Originally posted by Cajun Blake View Post
            go figure this one out

During the ARK vs. Mizzou St game last night (actually it was 3 AM), the rain was coming down hard in the middle of the 8th inning. Both coaches and the ump met at home plate to discuss suspending the game until today due to the rain

Home plate umpire called for the tarp and signaled the grounds crew to cover the field. Ark Coach proceeded to talk the umpire crew out of covering the field and told the ump both teams were gonna play through the rain. The Mizzou St coach was livid as the ump caved into the Ark HC and let them continue playing. Ark scores 4 runs in the B8 and ends up forcing todays winner advance game.

When it was all said and done the game finally ended at 3:15am, still raining with only a few hundred fans in the stands.
            Was ridiculous. It was pouring. Ball was slipping out of pitcher's hand. I gave up at about quarter til 3. Should have been stopped for safety, if nothing else.
            Last edited by tradtiger; 06-05-2017, 09:39 AM. Reason: get rid of unrelated quote from another thread

Comment

Originally posted by Smart View Post
              Lol. That is ridiculously annoying. That and bubbles. And I'd say that if Texas or anybody else did it.
              Ridiculously annoying is kinda the point! But not nearly the same thing as screaming as the pitcher delivers, or as an infielder is set up under a pop up or anything of the like.

Comment

Originally posted by Smart View Post
                Yup.... may have to take a nap to watch this one[emoji23]
                It is actually 9pm Central time it starts. At least that is what I heard.

Comment

Originally posted by tradtiger View Post
                  Was ridiculous. It was pouring. Ball was slipping out of pitcher's hand. I gave up at about quarter til 3. Should have been stopped for safety, if nothing else.
                  It was actually worse than the Astros-Rangers yesterday with two outs in B9. But I'm glad both games were finished.

Comment

2017 Baseball CWS "The Road to Omaha"

Originally posted by topduarte View Post
                    It is actually 9pm Central time it starts. At least that is what I heard.
                    Incorrect... It is listed at 11pm Eastern which is 10 pm central.....unless they change it, I would count on 10 pm here.

Comment

Still showng 10cst

Comment

Originally posted by Duane View Post
                        Ridiculously annoying is kinda the point! .
                        It's a tradition....

Comment

Let's Geaux Tigers. Time to add 2017 to this banner. Whoop !

Click image for larger version

Name:	LSU NC.png
Views:	1
Size:	8.5 KB
ID:	24498016

Comment

Annnnnnnd.... we're delayed...seems to be a regional thing...

Comment

Originally posted by systemnt View Post

Yep, I wish some of this rain would take a break and come back in July and August.

Comment

Originally posted by systemnt View Post

Are they or will they be on any TV Espn channel or only online?

Comment

Working...
                                X