Bow for Wife

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bow for Wife

My wife said she wants a bow for her birthday in a couple weeks. I want to spend around $400-500 on a set up bow to get her started and see if she really likes it. It will need to have an good amount of adjustment in draw weight so we can crank it up as she develops. Se is pretty strong for a girl and I think she will take to it and at least shoot in the backyard with me on a regular basis.

I was looking at the PSE Stinger X:

It has the features I think she needs and she likes the Purple Color. (That kind of thing is important to women. I know she will shoot it more if she likes the way it looks)

Any other recommendations?

I just bought my gf a new 1..I've been trying to get her into it for the past 8 months an finally she asked to go shoot 1 day and ended up loving it! I ended up buying the hoyt ignite vixen edition! As you stated I wanted a starter bow that was very adjustable!
    Draw length is adjustable from 19-30"
    You can adjust the poundage from 15-70lbs
    The ibo is 300fps which I though was really good for a womens bow
    i also shot it a few times and the draw cycle is super smooth..I own 2 hoyt bows as well though so I may be a little biased..I would definitely give it a look though. Tons of adjustability an just a great starter bow that can be passed down to your kids or anyone in your family...the bow she ended up choosing was camo with pink strings..came with a 3 pin sight and 4 arrow quiver. All I had to buy was a stabilizer and arrows..out the door with a completely rigged out bow for her , Scott release, and a half dozen easton arrows for 500$ which I thought was exceptional!

Comment

Thanks, I'll look at the hoyt.

Comment

Let her test drive some at your local shop first. Check christmas present for wife.

Comment

Bought my fiancé a Mission Craze fully rigged with arrows and a release for $550. DL is adjustable from 19-31 I believe and DW is 15-70#. All adjustable without a bow press and a lifetime warranty.

Comment

Bought my wife a diamond infinite edge 2 years ago and my son a mission craze last year that he didn't use much do she tried it and liked it better and took it over. I'd say find a bow shop that carries several models to let her try to see what she likes best. Pretty sure all the major bow companies have a bow that is very adjustable for her needs and pretty similar in price.

Comment

I got my wife a used Hoyt Trykon Jr. and she really likes it. I've always heard the Mission was a good women's bow as well.

Comment

Mission Craze seems like a good deal and my local shop caries Mission.

Comment

I can get half-off of Quest bows through a buddy. Are they any good? I could use the extra cash for a good release and arrows & broad heads and a 3D target.

Looking at this one:

Comment

I've heard good things about the Bear Cruzer. I'm going to look at some in a couple of weeks for my wife and daughters.

Comment

I went with the Quest Storm with the awesome discount from my buddy.

Comment

My adult daughter went to Cinnamon Creek at the end of last season and shot a bunch of bows trying to decide on her first one. Left with a Hoyt Ignite. Shot her first deer with it Saturday night. She really enjoys shooting it.

Comment

my wife wants to sell her hoyt kobalt. pm if interested

Comment

guessing since i just read you bought one you dont need 2.

Comment

mine has a carbon rose and loves it

Comment

Working...
                              X