Hawk (new box blind)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hawk (new box blind)

I saw Hawk came out with some new blind setups. Looks pretty interesting. Only thing i did not look to see is what is the wind rating before it blows down. Thoughts?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Pretty cool looking and a nice concept

Comment

That is nice, not to high of a price tag either

Comment

Looks like the same stuff ghost blind is made of. I paid $200 for the ghost blind. This looks like a much better deal

Comment

Originally posted by j.trevor123 View Post
          That is nice, not to high of a price tag either

That was my thought as well.
          It wont rot, and its light enough and breaks down to be easily transported to use elsewhere. I really like it.

Since Academy sells the Hawk brand gear, i wonder if they will carry this?

There is also a blind with panels for walls and windows you can swap from rifle to bow (horizontal to vertical)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Basically made plywood out of Coroplast. Good idea.

Comment

I had 2 blinds made out of corrugated plastic that came in 4x8 and 5x12 sheets. They are sturdy, but after many, many years in the field in the panhandle, a hail storm knocked holes in the exterior facing of the panels, but did not go all the way through the inside facing. Not sure when I built them, but at least 15 years ago. Still standing and in use. This looks like a great concept and anchoring them to a platform would be easy with 2" or 3" angles bolted to the sides and floor of the platform.

Comment

This looks just about perfect for my son and I. We are being allowed to build 2 blinds on our lease this year for our exclusive use. My son isn't handy with tools (absolutely no interest in them), and I'm a disabled vet with back and hip problems. Our quick solution for the next season was going to be a ladder stand and a pop-up blind on a (slightly) raised platform. I think one of these new Hawk blinds on a raised platform would work much better. Thank you, Bloodstick, for posting this.

Regards,

Dave

Comment

I like them. Priced the same as a double bull but will last a lot longer

Comment

You can buy Coroplast in 4x8 sheets and build your own with the windows where you want to put them. Home Depot sells it

Comment

I am pretty dang interested in this one!!

Comment

With the cost of coroplast at HD, at $399 that is a great price. Not sure what thickness they use, but when you get to a 1/4" thickness at HD, prices rise.

.157 is 19.98 per sheet
                        .236 is 189.79 per 5 pack
                        .393 is 163.31 per 3 pack
                        .394 is 50.98 per sheet

Comment

Interesting concept for sure but I would like to put my hands on one before making any decisions. Nice price point. If you got 5 years out of it it would be hard to argue with.

Comment

Way cheaper if you buy direct from Regal Plastics but you need a sales and use permit for them to sell to you.

Comment

a blind that will last longer and doesn't cost 2-4x what it should - I like it!

Comment

Working...
                              X