X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Big 8 age.

Originally posted by lovemylegacy View Post
    Young...flat back, slender neck, 4 years at the most

If he is 4, then the pic of him in 2015 he is 2. Our area is not known for deer like this but i would have a tough time calling him 4 (2 in oct 2015). They don’t typically have big bodies out here. Its not impossible but they tend to surprise me every year

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by bloodstick; 01-19-2018, 03:19 PM.

Comment

Are you 100% positive it’s the same deer? With just those pics, I can’t say it’s him.

Comment

I’d say he’s at least a 6.5 yo. If that picture isn’t distorted from the scene shot, he was a giant in ‘15.

Comment

Originally posted by RMW View Post
          Are you 100% positive it’s the same deer? With just those pics, I can’t say it’s him.

I think so, but im not 100%. Until 2015 we never saw or got pics of anything near this big. Our little spot in Walker county is surrounded by small properties. Alot of pressure out here.
          I put my eyes on him when the 2015 pic was taken, although, it was from 100 yards off through binos during archery season.
          He has the same antler shape and same basic body size. Kind of squatty rear end.

Comment

He’s on the slide. That deer was 6+ in 2015. I’m going with 8+ on age.

Comment

That deer is old! At a minimum 7.5. Lots of loose skin on him. That don't happen until they are post mature. Really old deer revert back to looking like a young one. You can't always go by body confirmation alone.

Comment

Originally posted by bloodstick View Post
                If he is 4, then the pic of him in 2015 he is 2. Our area is not known for deer like this but i would have a tough time calling him 4 (2 in oct 2015). They don’t typically have big bodies out here. Its not impossible but they tend to surprise me every year

I was just going by the top pics. If the county you are hunting has ARs then you will see more bigger deer as time goes on.

Im not convinced they are the same deer, but I will defer to you on that

Comment

I was just going by the top pics. If the county you are hunting has ARs then you will see more bigger deer as time goes on.

Im not convinced they are the same deer, but I will defer to you on that

True,
                  We are in AR county. It was enacted in 2009 here.
                  I cant say for sure 100% if they are the same, but the similarities make me think so.
                  I hope to see more like this every year.

Comment

True,
                    We are in AR county. It was enacted in 2009 here.
                    I cant say for sure 100% if they are the same, but the similarities make me think so.
                    I hope to see more like this every year.

You will see more. With that kind of deer on your lease now, it will be very soon you will taking a photo with one

Comment

Old old old 6+

Comment

You will see more. With that kind of deer on your lease now, it will be very soon you will taking a photo with one

The buck posted in my first post and these 4 deer all were seen or killed on this place (home 50 acres and neighbors ) this season alone.

Comment

The buck posted in my first post and these 4 deer all were seen or killed on this place (home 50 acres and neighbors ) this season alone. This is my first year to see multiple mature deer in one season here.

Comment

Working...
                          X