Survey******mature deer survey

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Survey******mature deer survey

What part of deer season are most mature deer killed? Let's have a survey on when, where and weather conditions yall have killed those big boys.

Night time with a q beam :-)

Comment

Originally posted by BLACKFINTURKEY View Post
      Night time with a q beam :-)
      I was going to say doe/spike extended season..... that's where I always did my surveys to really see what was out there.

But in all reality, for me in the hill country was mid to late December.

But the big boys come out during the extended season for sure. Good way to document what's out there.

Comment

Thanksgiving weekend and later

Comment

First week of bow season or the rut

Comment

Northeast Texas, mid December, morning hunts.

Comment

Late season ...when the green growth dies out and Older bucks start having to search for food. I for one think that the older bucks 6.5 plus don't rut as hard as the younger bucks. The majority of tail chasing is the 3.5-5.5 yr age class.

Comment

Late season as well. Our biggest bucks are usually killed the last week of the season.
                And that we keep plenty of feed out for them. Usually we have a lot of does and of course one may slip up and show itself when I'm in the blind.

Comment

Late season when they start relying on feeders more

Comment

Colorado Co. This year Monday after Rifle opener 5.5 y/o

In '15 6.5 y/o last week of season hunted hard last season never had seen this buck before

In '13 6.5 y/o 2nd week of rifle season

And all were killed during the week never on a weekend if that mattters

Comment

Late January for me in S. Texas. After the rut there starving and come to corn good.

Comment

Irion Co.
                        The majority of our mature bucks are killed during bow season.

Comment

I agree with Masters and BrandonA.

For me, early bow season or the tail end of the season post rut. Weather wise, I prefer to hunt during and just after a big storm during cold conditions. During and After the rain this weekend should be good hunting.

Comment

In my experience it has been the first two weeks of season, the rut, or late season.

Comment

Originally posted by The General View Post
                              In my experience it has been the first two weeks of season, the rut, or late season.
                              So when don't yall kill deer?

Comment

Working...
                              X