Moving to Carlsbad, NM

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by quackadikt View Post
    I've never seen any over on the Pecos(haven't spent much time around the river though), but I keep hearing that they are few and far between over there.

I know there are some in the Weed/Mayhill area. I killed one in 2012 up there turkey hunting and have seen of them several other times. The Forest Service and private trappers have worked on them real hard up there though.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk
    Go walk the river off of 285 near the state line. It's like a zoo

Comment

Originally posted by trophy8 View Post
      Go walk the river off of 285 near the state line. It's like a zoo
      [emoji106] Might have to give that a try one weekend.

Do you live in NM Trophy?

Comment

Originally posted by ladrones View Post
        Pretty much a ****hole. Best of luck.
        Aww. Come on now. Where in NM are you from?

Comment

The Trinity is the best place I’ve personally ate at.

Comment

We were given a choice of Carlsbad or Ft Stockton and after looking into the school districts we decided on Carlsbad.

When I get settled in ill refer back to this post and look a few of yall up.

I knew it would be a mixed bag on opinions as is every oilfield town. If we hate Carlsbad we will just have to o more camping lol.

Comment

My TBH son manages a Oil/Gas supply company there. Biggest problem is finding a place to live per his comments initially, but that's the same wherever with the "booms" going on. Good luck and congrats...

Comment

Yeah I’m sounding pretty harsh. Every time I went through Carlsbad my BP would rise. The infrastructure is overwhelmed. Services in restaurants is pretty poor. Even the customer service at the local places of business is poor in general. But that is pretty typical of most towns that have booms.

The desert is beautiful and plenty of outdoors type stuff to keep you busy.
                I owned a place north of there for a half dozen years so if you need any info I can probably help you.

I like herping and looking for artifacts so I could stay lost in the desert for whole days and nights.

I know there is some feral hogs on the pecos. It gets hit pretty hard with dogs. I never did see any myself there but I did see sign. I did see hogs on other rivers in the area.

The school is pretty big in baseball and softball if your kids are into that. Also seem to do well in basketball.
                Let me know if you need anything.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by ladrones View Post
                  The infrastructure is overwhelmed. Services in restaurants is pretty poor. Even the customer service at the local places of business is poor in general.
                  I think you just named pretty much every town in New Mexico. It's the Land of Mañana, after all. And Mañana doesn't necessarily mean tomorrow...

Comment

Last time I was through there we stopped at a BBQ place that's a big log cabin structure.

It was good bbq and I'd sure eat there again. Sorry I don't remember the name of the place.

Comment

Originally posted by kumathebear View Post
                      My TBH son manages a Oil/Gas supply company there. Biggest problem is finding a place to live per his comments initially, but that's the same wherever with the "booms" going on. Good luck and congrats...
                      What company? I do a lot of business with one from Carlsbad.

Comment

What company? I do a lot of business with one from Carlsbad.
                        FLOW-ZONE we do oilfield PVF supplies.

Comment

Originally posted by landon pharr View Post
                          FLOW-ZONE we do oilfield PVF supplies.
                          Haha. Figured so!! Kick Tristan in the stones for Matt Moore haha

Comment

Haha. Figured so!! Kick Tristan in the stones for Matt Moore haha
                            haha just did!

Comment

Originally posted by landon pharr View Post
                              haha just did!

I do a fair bit with ole Tristan lol. Good dude. I figured it was you guys. Not many places in Carlsbad. Wilson and Redman

Comment

I do a fair bit with ole Tristan lol. Good dude. I figured it was you guys. Not many places in Carlsbad. Wilson and Redman
                                Hey Son, do a trade with this guy...he has a GORGEOUS Beretta 20 ga up for sale...but alas...I'm retired and can't do it, lol!!

Comment

Working...
                                X