Passenger forcible removed from flight

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by tradtiger View Post
    Most interesting thing I gleaned from press conference was regarding the statement of injuries. Was said that two teeth were knocked out, nose broken, concussion, sinus damage requiring future surgery.

Frankly, I had thought we were seeing results of, basically, a busted lip from bumping an armrest.

The limp body during the drag could have been due to being knocked out. Evidently, considerable force would have been involved to produce the stated injuries. Also, lawyer said doc had no recollection "nada" of returning to plane -- not saying it didn't happen, but that it was blacked out from his memory.
    Lol! Of course! Surprised he's not wearing a neck brace as well. Lol!

Comment

Judge Jeanine weighs in

Breaking News, Latest News and Current News from FOXNews.com. Breaking news and video. Latest Current News: U.S., World, Entertainment, Health, Business, Technology, Politics, Sports.

Comment

Originally posted by JFISHER View Post
        Isn't 14 pages enough?
        Apparently not . We keep coming back.

Comment

Originally posted by LWC View Post
          Apparently not . We keep coming back.
          It's like a train wreck.

Comment

Originally posted by LWC View Post
            You did not answer one of my questions to you. You bring up some strange tangent about purchasing a product and accidentally causing damage to it yourself. That is actually a lot different than purchasing a plane ticket, boarding the plane, sitting in your seat, and expecting to arrive back home in a few hours. Then being dragged out of the plane.....and the airline not following THEIR procedures.

If you don't mind, please look back and answer the other questions.
            The point of the ford analogy is that in both situations the consumer was either not aware of what to some is "common" knowledge & if not commonly known is documented in some term/conditions contract one is commited to; either way the consumer is responsible not the vendor.

As i said i'm aware of DOT language but have never seen that happen in practice; i suspect b/c here is some language in their terms/conditions that they are covered by.

I'm not sure what question i missed, but typically the process in an oversold situation....incentives are offered...if no takers, there is an algorithm used to select tickets (passenger status, ticket price paid, etc)...the algorithm gets very complex when 2 passengers have no status, paid same $,etc (ea airline has their own "math" in making the final determination of who's booted), supported by ther terms of their individual contracts of carriage

Sometimes this is resolved by one passenger becoming belligerent (i think to some extend the airline "want" this to happen) b/c then the process changes from an "oversold" policy to a "refuse to transport" policy (basically like any business can reserves the right to refuse service to anyone), which inherently resolves he oversold situation.

When "refuse to transport" is envoked, the airline is simply refusing service & envoking the next step in the process...call airport security...they simply tell security they are envoking "refuse to transport" & they are out of it...it's a LEO responsibility now...sometimes they inform the passenger they are refusing to transport, sometimes (b/c of potential drama) the passenger is unaware & LEO's simply show up & remove the passenger from airport property....by choice or by force.

Hope that clarifies things...
            Last edited by RodinaRanč; 04-13-2017, 10:43 AM.

Comment

I appreciate your insight. You obviously travel much more than I do. My point is that when a customer enters into a contract with a corporation, the one who writes the contract (the corporation) is generally held to a MUCH higher standard than the customer (who may or may not have read said contract, or even knows that such exists). So when mistakes are made by both sides, I feel that burden falls at the feet of the airline. If they follow their own protocol, we never get to steps 2, 3, 4, etc... Not to mention that it is not good business to put corporate needs ahead of customer needs....if this can in any way be avoided.

Comment

Has anyone ever had a broken nose that didn't bleed? I know I haven't, but just curious.

Comment

Originally posted by Ironman View Post
                  Has anyone ever had a broken nose that didn't bleed? I know I haven't, but just curious.
                  You are really questioning diagnosed medical issues that his lawyer is releasing to the public that will be argued in court?

Comment

Originally posted by 8mpg View Post
                    You are really questioning diagnosed medical issues that his lawyer is releasing to the public that will be argued in court?
                    I'm questioning if anyone has had a broken nose that didn't bleed. Have you?

Comment

It's called nasal septal hematoma.
                      Last edited by Tazman70; 04-13-2017, 05:53 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Tazman70 View Post
                        It's called nasal septal hematoma.
                        Oh I'm familiar with nasal septal hematoma. I've actually dealt with it twice. My nose still bled. Problem is, when it stopped, it really didn't. I guess that's not the case every time.

Comment

[ATTACH]851077[/ATTACH]

Comment

I did in high school playing basketball. Depends on where the break occurs. In my case the blood was going down my throat, and there wasn't much of it.

Comment

Sent from my LG-US996 using Tapatalk

Comment

Didn't take long

Comment

Working...
                                X