Reply
Go Back   TexasBowhunter.com Community Discussion Forums > Topics > The Other Side of the Ranch (Firearms)
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-07-2017, 09:21 AM   #1
Clay C
Ten Point
 
Clay C's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Conroe
Default What Should I buy?

Let's say I have a spare $1000 sitting around. I don't really have any NEEDs to fill, just want. (although I don't have any SBR's or Suppressors yet )

Would prefer long gun over handgun. Would prefer 5.56 or 9mm.

What would you buy for 1K? I will stretch to say, $1500 for the right gun.
Clay C is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 09-07-2017, 10:58 AM   #2
ColinR
Ten Point
 
ColinR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Spring Branch, TX-in the Hill Country not Houston
Hunt In: Roosevelt/Sonora
Default

Well I just ordered a Remington model 7 stainless in 7mm-08, a Bell and Carlson stock, Talley lightweight rings, and a Leupold VXIII scope. Came in just shy of $1500. Rifle will be right at 6 lbs before the scope. Gonna be a sweet little light weight rifle!
ColinR is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 09-07-2017, 11:02 AM   #3
Patton
Pope & Young
 
Patton's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Austin
Hunt In: Edwards, Hays, Caldwell
Default

I would be either getting some of the high end camo (Sitka, Kuiu) or a trust/suppressor.
Patton is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 09-07-2017, 11:28 AM   #4
BigJimmyRustler
Six Point
 
BigJimmyRustler's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2017
Location: Austin
Hunt In: Tejas
Default

I think you answered your own question.

I'd look into getting one or two cans (pistol, .30, .22 can) or a can and an sbr, AR prices are currently so low that you can have a solid quality SBR for cheaper than ever and the new bar-code system combined with BATFE getting past the pre-41f pile of stamps means dramatically reduced wait times on the horizon.

also, just a heads up that now that we're post 41f trusts are no longer the best route to go.
BigJimmyRustler is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 09-07-2017, 12:15 PM   #5
Clay C
Ten Point
 
Clay C's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Conroe
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigJimmyRustler View Post
I think you answered your own question.

I'd look into getting one or two cans (pistol, .30, .22 can) or a can and an sbr, AR prices are currently so low that you can have a solid quality SBR for cheaper than ever and the new bar-code system combined with BATFE getting past the pre-41f pile of stamps means dramatically reduced wait times on the horizon.

also, just a heads up that now that we're post 41f trusts are no longer the best route to go.
One of my thoughts was going a factory Colt 6933 and a suppressor, of course that is going over my stated budget a bit. For some reason I've always lusted for a 6933.
Clay C is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 09-07-2017, 12:24 PM   #6
Chasing_bone
Ten Point
 
Chasing_bone's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Dallas, TX
Hunt In: Navarro County
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigJimmyRustler View Post
just a heads up that now that we're post 41f trusts are no longer the best route to go.
This is dependent. If you want your dad or your son or _______ to use your suppressor when you are not present then a trust is a must. Now if you don't want/don't have anybody to share it with then yes a trust is not needed.
Chasing_bone is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 09-07-2017, 12:29 PM   #7
Clay C
Ten Point
 
Clay C's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Conroe
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chasing_bone View Post
This is dependent. If you want your dad or your son or _______ to use your suppressor when you are not present then a trust is a must. Now if you don't want/don't have anybody to share it with then yes a trust is not needed.


I'd definitely go the individual route.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Clay C is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 09-07-2017, 02:43 PM   #8
BigJimmyRustler
Six Point
 
BigJimmyRustler's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2017
Location: Austin
Hunt In: Tejas
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clay C View Post
One of my thoughts was going a factory Colt 6933 and a suppressor, of course that is going over my stated budget a bit. For some reason I've always lusted for a 6933.
I've always wanted a colt commando as well, I ended up just building my own 10.5" (MK18 mod0-ish) with exactly what I wanted on it.

You could first grab a nice lower of your choice (colt/noveske/etc) and form 1 it and also grab a moderately priced can to form 4 then while you wait complete it with a short barreled complete upper assembly and the rest of your lower parts and have it for close to what your looking at if you look around hard enough and wait until you find some good sales (you could source all your upper/lower stuff while you wait during annual black Friday sales)

Last edited by BigJimmyRustler; 09-07-2017 at 02:46 PM..
BigJimmyRustler is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 09-07-2017, 04:36 PM   #9
Clay C
Ten Point
 
Clay C's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Conroe
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigJimmyRustler View Post
I've always wanted a colt commando as well, I ended up just building my own 10.5" (MK18 mod0-ish) with exactly what I wanted on it.

You could first grab a nice lower of your choice (colt/noveske/etc) and form 1 it and also grab a moderately priced can to form 4 then while you wait complete it with a short barreled complete upper assembly and the rest of your lower parts and have it for close to what your looking at if you look around hard enough and wait until you find some good sales (you could source all your upper/lower stuff while you wait during annual black Friday sales)
That's not a bad idea. I guess since I already have everything I really need I would rather just buy a factory rifle. I would imagine the form 4's should be quicker than the 1's and I'd rather just buy it and forget about it until it's approved.

I'm also a KISS guy when it comes to AR's so the 6933 would only get an Aimpoint Micro and light so no need to worry about it not being how I want it.
Clay C is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 09-07-2017, 04:55 PM   #10
Sika
Pope & Young
 
Sika's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Llano
Hunt In: Texas Hill Country
Default

If I had $1500 just burning a hole in my pocket I'd spend it on a Swarovski Z5 3.5-18x44 but you said "gun" so...I think the Ruger Hawkeye FTW Hunter in 6.5 CM is an awesome rifle for the price.
Sika is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 09-07-2017, 05:04 PM   #11
Calrob
Four Point
 
Calrob's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Location: lampasas
Hunt In: Burnet, Joppa, Wilco, My backyard
Default

Put it in savings!!!
Calrob is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 09-07-2017, 05:07 PM   #12
SCREAMINREELS
Pope & Young
 
SCREAMINREELS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Tomball
Hunt In: Brenham, SHNF
Default

If you just want to spend it. Unless you find a smoking deal on something get a can since you don't have one they're pretty awesome defininety a better buy than another gun for me
SCREAMINREELS is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 09-07-2017, 05:16 PM   #13
Clay C
Ten Point
 
Clay C's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Conroe
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calrob View Post
Put it in savings!!!
You're boring.
Clay C is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 09-07-2017, 05:56 PM   #14
kmon
Eight Point
 
kmon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2015
Hunt In: Texas and Mississippi mostly
Default

Extra cash around is nice to have but sure can burn a hole in that pocket. For years I bought guns for different hunts some of which I never took but still have the guns.

Looking back, I wish in some ways I had saved the $ for more hunts instead of more guns
kmon is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 09-07-2017, 06:37 PM   #15
kumathebear
Pope & Young
 
kumathebear's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: DFW area
Hunt In: Anywhere and when I can!
Default

6.8 Grendel in AR platform. Better ballistics than the 5.56 and at least mine is very accurate...my favorite AR these days!
kumathebear is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 09-07-2017, 06:38 PM   #16
kumathebear
Pope & Young
 
kumathebear's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: DFW area
Hunt In: Anywhere and when I can!
Default

6.5, big fingers!!
kumathebear is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 09-07-2017, 06:39 PM   #17
jacoblopez
Four Point
 
jacoblopez's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Location: Southeast Texas
Hunt In: Kimble County/Piney Woods
Default

Save your money for a time in need
jacoblopez is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 09-07-2017, 07:56 PM   #18
Mike D
Pope & Young
 
Mike D's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: North Texas
Hunt In: Haskell County, TX
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chasing_bone View Post
This is dependent. If you want your dad or your son or _______ to use your suppressor when you are not present then a trust is a must. Now if you don't want/don't have anybody to share it with then yes a trust is not needed.

Disagree with your trust statement. There plenty of good reasons for a trust, mainly estate planning.


Quote:
Originally Posted by BigJimmyRustler View Post
I think you answered your own question.

I'd look into getting one or two cans (pistol, .30, .22 can) or a can and an sbr, AR prices are currently so low that you can have a solid quality SBR for cheaper than ever and the new bar-code system combined with BATFE getting past the pre-41f pile of stamps means dramatically reduced wait times on the horizon.

also, just a heads up that now that we're post 41f trusts are no longer the best route to go.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Clay C View Post
I'd definitely go the individual route.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk


No wife or kids?


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Mike D is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 09-07-2017, 07:59 PM   #19
Clay C
Ten Point
 
Clay C's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Conroe
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike D View Post
Disagree with your trust statement. There plenty of good reasons for a trust, mainly estate planning.










No wife or kids?


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro


Nope. Single no kids. Only people I know that would want to use them can buy their own crap! Haha


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Clay C is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 09-07-2017, 08:26 PM   #20
Chasing_bone
Ten Point
 
Chasing_bone's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Dallas, TX
Hunt In: Navarro County
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike D View Post
Disagree with your trust statement. There plenty of good reasons for a trust, mainly estate planning.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I totally agree with you. I was just saying there are reasons to have a trust.



Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Chasing_bone is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 09-07-2017, 09:32 PM   #21
trophy8
Pope & Young
 
trophy8's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Georgetown Texas
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sika View Post
If I had $1500 just burning a hole in my pocket I'd spend it on a Swarovski Z5 3.5-18x44 but you said "gun" so...I think the Ruger Hawkeye FTW Hunter in 6.5 CM is an awesome rifle for the price.
Hit up Matt Hicks. Just sent a buddy to him for that exact Scope. WAY under $1500!!
trophy8 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 09-07-2017, 09:33 PM   #22
trophy8
Pope & Young
 
trophy8's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Georgetown Texas
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clay C View Post
Nope. Single no kids. Only people I know that would want to use them can buy their own crap! Haha


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Trust is a long term deal. Helps your family out in case something happens to you. I'd highly advise getting one. Isn't any harder with just you on it. You'll need pics and prints either way. Silver shop and capitol armory do it all in house. I'd say buy a suppressor or build an SBR.
trophy8 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 09-08-2017, 05:29 PM   #23
35remington
Pope & Young
 
35remington's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: Williamson
Hunt In: the dark
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigJimmyRustler View Post
also, just a heads up that now that we're post 41f trusts are no longer the best route to go.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chasing_bone View Post
This is dependent. If you want your dad or your son or _______ to use your suppressor when you are not present then a trust is a must. Now if you don't want/don't have anybody to share it with then yes a trust is not needed.
Both of the above are either wrong or misleading, IMO. It's not a matter of whether you want someone to be able to use your suppressor without you being there. It's a question of whether there will ever be a time when, for example (1) the suppressors are at home, (2) you are not home, (3) someone else is at home, and (4) that person has access to the cans. So, if you have a wife who knows the safe combo, and there's a time when you won't be home but she will be, you're putting her in jeopardy of being in possession of a suppressor not registered to her. Likely to be enforced often? Nah. Felony if so? Abso-effing-lutely. Trust solves this problem with ease.

If you go individual, when you die, whoever gets your cans gets to buy $200 stamp for each one. If you go trust, they become the trustees' with no transfer fee at all. Trust wins 8 days a week.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clay C View Post
Let's say I have a spare $1000 sitting around. I don't really have any NEEDs to fill, just want. (although I don't have any SBR's or Suppressors yet )

Would prefer long gun over handgun. Would prefer 5.56 or 9mm.

What would you buy for 1K? I will stretch to say, $1500 for the right gun.
I know exactly what I'd buy. LaRue Tactical is feeling the post-election pinch just as bad as anyone else. They have some pretty amazing deals going right now. They sell you all the parts of the gun besides the serialized receiver. Either slap them together on a receiver that you already have, or wait until they contact you (and they have promised to do this) and offer their matching receiver to complete the gun.

5.56, 300BLK, and 6.5 Grendel in AR15 starting at $700 something
7.62, .260, and 6.5 Creedmoor in AR10 starting at $1100 something

Both variants come with the option to buy a LaRue suppressor for only $399.

6.5 Grendel in 18" config:
Attached Images
 
35remington is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 09-09-2017, 02:10 AM   #24
BigJimmyRustler
Six Point
 
BigJimmyRustler's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2017
Location: Austin
Hunt In: Tejas
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 35remington View Post
It's a question of whether there will ever be a time when, for example (1) the suppressors are at home, (2) you are not home, (3) someone else is at home, and (4) that person has access to the cans. So, if you have a wife who knows the safe combo, and there's a time when you won't be home but she will be, you're putting her in jeopardy of being in possession of a suppressor not registered to her. Likely to be enforced often? Nah. Felony if so? Abso-effing-lutely. Trust solves this problem with ease.
can you reference one case of this happening?

In my situation as well as the OP's and many others situations a trust simply isn't the best route to go (especially post 41f as I stated). For some it may be YMMV though.

That Larue kit looks like a **** good deal, gonna look into it and see if I can't pick one up for myself. Thanks for the heads up on that.

Last edited by BigJimmyRustler; 09-09-2017 at 02:17 AM..
BigJimmyRustler is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 09-09-2017, 03:03 AM   #25
trophy8
Pope & Young
 
trophy8's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Georgetown Texas
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigJimmyRustler View Post
can you reference one case of this happening?

In my situation as well as the OP's and many others situations a trust simply isn't the best route to go (especially post 41f as I stated). For some it may be YMMV though.

That Larue kit looks like a **** good deal, gonna look into it and see if I can't pick one up for myself. Thanks for the heads up on that.
Lets say you rustle the wrong jimmies next week and someone carts you off and dumps you in a lake. Now all your NFA stuff will be left with your family. If you had a trust then bam done. All would be fine and no extra paperwork or hassle would be needed. If you DONT have a trust, your family, on top of crying and pouting, or cheering in some families, will have to go through all hoops to mke sure they are legal. If a LEO wanting to be an arse about it and they didn't know, it could get them into some serious trouble. ANd while a court may throw it out, itll still be a pain and cost a lot of time and money. So I will ALWAYS tell someone to just pony up a few hundred bucks for a good trust done by an attorney that specializes in it, not one of the quickbooks ones....and set your wife, kids, brothers, uncles, whoever is on there up for a pain free transfer in the event something happens to you.
trophy8 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 09-09-2017, 06:30 AM   #26
adam_p
Ten Point
 
adam_p's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Pilot Point
Hunt In: Grayson, Cooke
Default

Definitely a suppressor. I'd have one on every gun if I could swing it.
adam_p is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 09-09-2017, 09:09 AM   #27
M16
Pope & Young
 
M16's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Hunt In: Colorado, LaSalle, McCulloch,Menard Counties
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 35remington View Post

If you go individual, when you die, whoever gets your cans gets to buy $200 stamp for each one. If you go trust, they become the trustees' with no transfer fee at all. Trust wins 8 days a week.
Not true. There is no $200 transfer fee upon inheritance.


https://www.atf.gov/firearms/docs/tr...tates/download
M16 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 09-09-2017, 09:57 AM   #28
35remington
Pope & Young
 
35remington's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: Williamson
Hunt In: the dark
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by M16 View Post
Not true. There is no $200 transfer fee upon inheritance.


https://www.atf.gov/firearms/docs/tr...tates/download
Thank you for the correction.
35remington is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 09-09-2017, 12:18 PM   #29
BigJimmyRustler
Six Point
 
BigJimmyRustler's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2017
Location: Austin
Hunt In: Tejas
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by trophy8 View Post
Lets say you rustle the wrong jimmies next week and someone carts you off and dumps you in a lake. Now all your NFA stuff will be left with your family. If you had a trust then bam done. All would be fine and no extra paperwork or hassle would be needed. If you DONT have a trust, your family, on top of crying and pouting, or cheering in some families, will have to go through all hoops to mke sure they are legal. If a LEO wanting to be an arse about it and they didn't know, it could get them into some serious trouble. ANd while a court may throw it out, itll still be a pain and cost a lot of time and money. So I will ALWAYS tell someone to just pony up a few hundred bucks for a good trust done by an attorney that specializes in it, not one of the quickbooks ones....and set your wife, kids, brothers, uncles, whoever is on there up for a pain free transfer in the event something happens to you.
That's a neat fantasy story, but I'm still waiting for the references of actual cases of the hypothetical situation outlined in Remington's post.

I don't have any kids and I if I kick the bucket my one $700 dollar .30 cal can is gonna be the last thing my wife gives a crap about lol. You sound like someone who works in sales with the hypothetical sensationalized feels story not based in reality to complete an up sell while making the process seem way more difficult than it is and that there's a chance some county cop is gonna show up shoot my dog and throw my wife in jail.

Not every person has the same circumstances lol. Some people finance cars for 60 months, some people cut a check, some people lease. One option isn't more right than the other.

Last edited by BigJimmyRustler; 09-09-2017 at 12:27 PM..
BigJimmyRustler is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 09-09-2017, 01:07 PM   #30
M16
Pope & Young
 
M16's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Hunt In: Colorado, LaSalle, McCulloch,Menard Counties
Default

I see no benefit for me to do a trust. I've never had a problem back in the day getting a leo signature so all my stuff is in my name. If I do a trust it will cost me around $3000 just for an individual to trust transfer for 15 or so items. If I kick the bucket my stuff transfers tax free to whoever I will it to. Am I missing something?
M16 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 09-09-2017, 06:47 PM   #31
trophy8
Pope & Young
 
trophy8's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Georgetown Texas
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigJimmyRustler View Post
That's a neat fantasy story, but I'm still waiting for the references of actual cases of the hypothetical situation outlined in Remington's post.

I don't have any kids and I if I kick the bucket my one $700 dollar .30 cal can is gonna be the last thing my wife gives a crap about lol. You sound like someone who works in sales with the hypothetical sensationalized feels story not based in reality to complete an up sell while making the process seem way more difficult than it is and that there's a chance some county cop is gonna show up shoot my dog and throw my wife in jail.

Not every person has the same circumstances lol. Some people finance cars for 60 months, some people cut a check, some people lease. One option isn't more right than the other.
And you sound like a hard headed jimmy rustler that is stuck in your ways. Some of us aren't just using trusts for a $700 can. Some have $30,000+ machine guns and a list of other crap on it. Your wife would probably care about that ya think? My point to you want the trust isn't going to be anymore difficult for YOU. I don't give a **** what you do one way or the other. If you die, that can,machine guns, SBRs, etc has to be accounted for. No the cops aren't going on a witch hunt. But you still must be legal. Do it your way. I don't honestly care. As for an example of the police busting in just for that? I highly doubt its happened. If it did they were using it to look for something else lol.
trophy8 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 09-09-2017, 06:48 PM   #32
trophy8
Pope & Young
 
trophy8's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Georgetown Texas
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by M16 View Post
I see no benefit for me to do a trust. I've never had a problem back in the day getting a leo signature so all my stuff is in my name. If I do a trust it will cost me around $3000 just for an individual to trust transfer for 15 or so items. If I kick the bucket my stuff transfers tax free to whoever I will it to. Am I missing something?
Just the hassle they'll have to go through. I know some of what you have. They'll want it. If it was on a trust then you die and they do nothing. The trust rolls to them. I do agree 100% that since you started as an individual then I wouldn't transfer to a trust. I was saying a guy starting out would be much better off.
trophy8 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 09-10-2017, 12:56 AM   #33
BigJimmyRustler
Six Point
 
BigJimmyRustler's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2017
Location: Austin
Hunt In: Tejas
Default

What hassle lol? Completing the one form for a tax exempt transfer?

I can see it bothers you to be wrong that a trust isn't the best option for every NFA instance including mine and apparently the OP's and I'm sorry about that but it's the truth.

This thread is like WAY WAY off the rails and I'm sure OP would rather get back on track so I'll say that the Larue deal posted earlier would definitely get me to thinking if I had $1K to spend on some new toys.

Last edited by BigJimmyRustler; 09-10-2017 at 12:59 AM..
BigJimmyRustler is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 09-10-2017, 01:00 AM   #34
gingib
Pope & Young
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: Central Tx
Hunt In: NTX
Default

.308 and Suppressor!!!
gingib is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 09-12-2017, 01:08 PM   #35
WD_40
Nubbin' Buck
 
Join Date: Sep 2017
Default

Oooo... a suppressor!

I'm in the market for one myself. I have a good bit to learn though before I pull the trigger.
WD_40 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 09-12-2017, 02:38 PM   #36
gingib
Pope & Young
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: Central Tx
Hunt In: NTX
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by trophy8 View Post
Just the hassle they'll have to go through. I know some of what you have. If it was on a trust then you die and they do nothing. The trust rolls to them. I do agree 100% that since you started as an individual then I wouldn't transfer to a trust. I was saying a guy starting out would be much better off.
x2
gingib is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 09-12-2017, 02:42 PM   #37
duckmanep
Ten Point
 
duckmanep's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Northeast TX
Default

supressor
duckmanep is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 09-12-2017, 06:56 PM   #38
trophy8
Pope & Young
 
trophy8's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Georgetown Texas
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigJimmyRustler View Post
What hassle lol? Completing the one form for a tax exempt transfer?

I can see it bothers you to be wrong that a trust isn't the best option for every NFA instance including mine and apparently the OP's and I'm sorry about that but it's the truth.

This thread is like WAY WAY off the rails and I'm sure OP would rather get back on track so I'll say that the Larue deal posted earlier would definitely get me to thinking if I had $1K to spend on some new toys.
Doesn't bother me a bit to be wrong. You do try to live up to your name though. I bet you're related to 35 Remington or are his alias account LOL
trophy8 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:42 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright 1999-2012, TexasBowhunter.com