Reply
Go Back   TexasBowhunter.com Community Discussion Forums > Topics > Current Events - Politics and Such
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-03-2017, 09:57 AM   #1
RiverRat1
Pope & Young
 
RiverRat1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Leander
Hunt In: San Saba
Default College teachings

My son started college this past week. Since I plan to update this thread I won't say where or give names.

The class was talking about taxes, population, increased costs, and laws the professor said "Illegal immigrants are irrelevant"

She went on to basically say they don't factor into anything
RiverRat1 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 09-03-2017, 10:20 AM   #2
GTRH8R
Ten Point
 
GTRH8R's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Wylie, TX
Hunt In: N TX
Default College teachings

Yikes. It's like any other job...you always have someone whose at the bottom.

What class? That might be true in an English course.
GTRH8R is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 09-03-2017, 11:32 AM   #3
Haas
Spike
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Default

y every Eoideopriesiidj jdirdiidkdjrssoffkddooidicicdikrfkfkfkoZsxoidsikSx ddjfkfkffkfffkfkffkfkfrkkfkfkfkkfkkddkfk
Haas is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 09-03-2017, 12:47 PM   #4
texansfan
Ten Point
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Location: Houston
Hunt In: East Texas/Marshall
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiverRat1 View Post
My son started college this past week. Since I plan to update this thread I won't say where or give names.

The class was talking about taxes, population, increased costs, and laws the professor said "Illegal immigrants are irrelevant"

She went on to basically say they don't factor into anything
They don't.
US budget is what 4 Trillion???


How much do illegals factor into that?
What is $4Billion divided by $4Trillion?

That's the percentage we are talking
Even if that much.


When you take your emotions out of things and only deal with the money the picture becomes clearer.
texansfan is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 09-03-2017, 01:07 PM   #5
Traxx
Four Point
 
Traxx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2015
Location: Ft Worth
Hunt In: Dawson
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by texansfan View Post
They don't.
US budget is what 4 Trillion???


How much do illegals factor into that?
What is $4Billion divided by $4Trillion?

That's the percentage we are talking
Even if that much.


When you take your emotions out of things and only deal with the money the picture becomes clearer.
Actually they do, and you know the list already.
Traxx is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 09-03-2017, 01:25 PM   #6
texansfan
Ten Point
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Location: Houston
Hunt In: East Texas/Marshall
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Traxx View Post
Actually they do, and you know the list already.
If you look at tiny segments then yes they do
But if you look st the entire $4Trillion budget then they don't.

What effect does illegal immigration have to do with our national defense budget (building bombers not ICE/CBP)?
With our federal national parks budget?
NOAA's budget?
Medicare? Illegals get Medicare now?
I think they might be able to get Medicaid in certain instances. But what percentage of the budget is that?

What the professor was saying is that percentage wise illegals are a non factor.
texansfan is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 09-03-2017, 02:53 PM   #7
Traxx
Four Point
 
Traxx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2015
Location: Ft Worth
Hunt In: Dawson
Default

Yes they get medicare and social security and well-fare and wic. Not to mention identity theft, and other non violent crimes. Then there are the violent crimes. Then there are the immigrants that are trying to do it legally whose available visa pool is taken from when amnesty is given. Not to forget the bad name the illegals give to the legal immigrants. I guess that until you personally have to deal with the illegal issue it is "only 4 billion"

Oh and sorry for the hijack. I will step off the soapbox.
Traxx is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 09-03-2017, 03:29 PM   #8
TXHunter12
Ten Point
 
TXHunter12's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Spring, TX
Default

People twist things how they want to. They same professors also make the argument that illegal immigrants are needed to fuel our economy. You can't have it both ways.
TXHunter12 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 09-03-2017, 03:47 PM   #9
jerp
Pope & Young
 
jerp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Aledo
Hunt In: Shackleford Co.
Default

When my son was at Tech he used to text me all the time during class - "Dad you are not going to believe what the prof just said. He is giving his lefty opinions as fact and he is provably wrong. Do you think I should confront him ? I could easily destroy his argument!"

I would tell him that is his call but to remember why he is there - to get a grade. You have to decide whether de-pantsing him in front of everybody is worth it. Sometimes he did but more often he just sat there and fumed.
jerp is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 09-03-2017, 04:12 PM   #10
Landrover
Pope & Young
 
Landrover's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Spring
Hunt In: Wherever & Whenever
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jerp View Post
When my son was at Tech he used to text me all the time during class - "Dad you are not going to believe what the prof just said. He is giving his lefty opinions as fact and he is provably wrong. Do you think I should confront him ? I could easily destroy his argument!"

I would tell him that is his call but to remember why he is there - to get a grade. You have to decide whether de-pantsing him in front of everybody is worth it. Sometimes he did but more often he just sat there and fumed.
Bingo!!! My daughter has only had two rather benign scenarios. Auburn is rather conservative though. But she understands and laughs with me about it when she text or calls. She wants her A.......that is why she is there......period! Train up your kids to recognize and move on!!!

Texanfan, I follow your premise to a T!!! If the professor was talking the over-reaching budget in his scenario he would have a point. When broken in silos we can always debate the points......as the % can seem huge. Not sure how the professor was presenting the info honestly.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk
Landrover is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 09-03-2017, 09:14 PM   #11
Livin'2hunt
Ten Point
 
Livin'2hunt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Hunt In: my birthday suit
Default

Anyone that believes illegal immigration is insignificant has yet had their lives affected by it. Try having an illegal alien who receives welfare, medicaid, food stamps, child child tax credits, is not insured or bonded and is paid cash under the table so he pays no taxes take work from you because he is able to do it for 25% what you can at your bottom price.

Let illegal aliens start taking jobs and dropping the income of doctors, lawyers, politicians and professors and everyone will sing a different tune about the illegal aliens. Imagine showing up for a colonoscopy and Juan, who just jumped the border two weeks ago, is performing the procedure. You'd run out like your pubes were ablaze.

The mindset of, "they're not affecting me" is so hypocritical, self-centered and ignorant, those of that mind are beyond help. If you are one who can justify illegal aliens plundering and pillaging our resources, consider this; what would your opinion be if one of these aliens raped and brutally killed your eight year old daughter? But, they're not all bad, right?

P.S. - If you say, I should have chosen a different profession, you can kiss my ***.
Livin'2hunt is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 09-04-2017, 01:38 AM   #12
DeerGhostSpeaks
Four Point
 
DeerGhostSpeaks's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2017
Hunt In: spiritworld
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Livin'2hunt View Post
Anyone that believes illegal immigration is insignificant has yet had their lives affected by it. Try having an illegal alien who receives welfare, medicaid, food stamps, child child tax credits, is not insured or bonded and is paid cash under the table so he pays no taxes take work from you because he is able to do it for 25% what you can at your bottom price.

Let illegal aliens start taking jobs and dropping the income of doctors, lawyers, politicians and professors and everyone will sing a different tune about the illegal aliens. Imagine showing up for a colonoscopy and Juan, who just jumped the border two weeks ago, is performing the procedure. You'd run out like your pubes were ablaze.

The mindset of, "they're not affecting me" is so hypocritical, self-centered and ignorant, those of that mind are beyond help. If you are one who can justify illegal aliens plundering and pillaging our resources, consider this; what would your opinion be if one of these aliens raped and brutally killed your eight year old daughter? But, they're not all bad, right?

P.S. - If you say, I should have chosen a different profession, you can kiss my ***.

are you kidding me? "let illegal aliens start taking jobs" what jobs are you talking about? the jobs in the fields and crops that no americans want? good luck getting an american 18 yr old to go pick up watermelons all day in the blazing heat. yet a mexican 13-14 yr old will jump at the chance, its the same as when an american company decides to start manufacturing in china because its cheaper. Maybe youre talking about the construction jobs that younger americans dont want for the same reasons, its easier for them to take a BS loan that the "gubment" sold them and stay in school being educated for jobs that probably wont exist by the time they finish.

the illegals your reffering to when you say " aliens raped and brutally killed your eight year old daughter? But, they're not all bad, right? " are the ones with the face tattoos or the ones bringing over hard drugs and human trafficking lanes. most of that you can attribute to the drug war that the US "gubment" funds by chasing the money going back over the border instead of the problems coming this way in the first place because they have an unquenchable thirst for funding the DEA with the money they get from it. Mexico was the 2nd most dangerous country on the planet last year, and yet our troops are half a world away fighting a war nobody sees. The cartels and the face tattoos coming here could be done with if our military was put upon them but it wont happen, because the government is fake enough to put plants like marijuana are on the same scale as heroin and meth. The hard working mexicans coming here are coming here because over there the cartels put their hand in everything and there is no living under them. I'm from the Rio Grande Valley and that place might as well be renamed "north mexico" by now because of all the cartel violence and law enforcement pay offs.

maybe they do come here and make money and send it back home. maybe they do work food truck and restaurant jobs to make tax free money. but let me ask you this. How would you feed your family if youleft to work out of the country? would you let your "8yr old daughter" starve in the guatemalan mountains where everyone is under 5'5" because of malnutrition? i dont thing so.

oh yeah and if someone makes an appointment to get a colonoscopy from a doctor without looking into where hes from they deserve to get something shoved up their....
DeerGhostSpeaks is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 09-04-2017, 01:44 AM   #13
DeerGhostSpeaks
Four Point
 
DeerGhostSpeaks's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2017
Hunt In: spiritworld
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Livin'2hunt View Post

P.S. - If you say, I should have chosen a different profession, you can kiss my ***.
Im not saying you shouldve chosen a different profession. i would never tell someone that. but before you blame all mexicans for it maybe you should look into source of the problem which just might be inflation and globalization. I used to be a CAD designer, until the company i worked for found out they could hire someone online from another country and get the same skills for less price.
DeerGhostSpeaks is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 09-04-2017, 07:17 AM   #14
grizzman
Pope & Young
 
grizzman's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Frisco
Hunt In: Texas and Arkansas
Default

I would assume that the OP's son is taking an Economics course. My daughter was taking an Econ 101 class over the summer. It was interesting to see some of the material as I was helping her understand economics.

I took a lot of economics when I was in college and illegal immigration was seldom mentioned in the late 70s and early 80's even in the late 80's when I was in grad school.

In her econ class it came up several times in the same scenario that the OP mentioned. Why do they feel they have to address it if it isn't an issue? Most economic professors that I had were liberal leaning, even at relatively conservative institutions like Louisiana Tech, where I went.
grizzman is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 09-04-2017, 08:16 AM   #15
RiverRat1
Pope & Young
 
RiverRat1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Leander
Hunt In: San Saba
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Livin'2hunt View Post
Anyone that believes illegal immigration is insignificant has yet had their lives affected by it. Try having an illegal alien who receives welfare, medicaid, food stamps, child child tax credits, is not insured or bonded and is paid cash under the table so he pays no taxes take work from you because he is able to do it for 25% what you can at your bottom price.

Let illegal aliens start taking jobs and dropping the income of doctors, lawyers, politicians and professors and everyone will sing a different tune about the illegal aliens. Imagine showing up for a colonoscopy and Juan, who just jumped the border two weeks ago, is performing the procedure. You'd run out like your pubes were ablaze.

The mindset of, "they're not affecting me" is so hypocritical, self-centered and ignorant, those of that mind are beyond help. If you are one who can justify illegal aliens plundering and pillaging our resources, consider this; what would your opinion be if one of these aliens raped and brutally killed your eight year old daughter? But, they're not all bad, right?

P.S. - If you say, I should have chosen a different profession, you can kiss my ***.


I wanted my son to ask..If they add up to nothing then can I (and my whole family) start getting everything for free also? Why not, what's one more?

Why would a few more make a difference to the 4 trillion budget?
RiverRat1 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 09-04-2017, 08:27 AM   #16
miket
Pope & Young
 
miket's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Plantersville
Hunt In: Grimes County, Victoria
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeerGhostSpeaks View Post
are you kidding me? "let illegal aliens start taking jobs" what jobs are you talking about? the jobs in the fields and crops that no americans want? good luck getting an american 18 yr old to go pick up watermelons all day in the blazing heat. yet a mexican 13-14 yr old will jump at the chance, its the same as when an american company decides to start manufacturing in china because its cheaper. Maybe youre talking about the construction jobs that younger americans dont want for the same reasons, its easier for them to take a BS loan that the "gubment" sold them and stay in school being educated for jobs that probably wont exist by the time they finish.

the illegals your reffering to when you say " aliens raped and brutally killed your eight year old daughter? But, they're not all bad, right? " are the ones with the face tattoos or the ones bringing over hard drugs and human trafficking lanes. most of that you can attribute to the drug war that the US "gubment" funds by chasing the money going back over the border instead of the problems coming this way in the first place because they have an unquenchable thirst for funding the DEA with the money they get from it. Mexico was the 2nd most dangerous country on the planet last year, and yet our troops are half a world away fighting a war nobody sees. The cartels and the face tattoos coming here could be done with if our military was put upon them but it wont happen, because the government is fake enough to put plants like marijuana are on the same scale as heroin and meth. The hard working mexicans coming here are coming here because over there the cartels put their hand in everything and there is no living under them. I'm from the Rio Grande Valley and that place might as well be renamed "north mexico" by now because of all the cartel violence and law enforcement pay offs.

maybe they do come here and make money and send it back home. maybe they do work food truck and restaurant jobs to make tax free money. but let me ask you this. How would you feed your family if youleft to work out of the country? would you let your "8yr old daughter" starve in the guatemalan mountains where everyone is under 5'5" because of malnutrition? i dont thing so.

oh yeah and if someone makes an appointment to get a colonoscopy from a doctor without looking into where hes from they deserve to get something shoved up their....
I dont see where he advocated killing the guest worker program. If mexicans want to pick watermelons they still can, legally. Same goes for many of the other jobs americans "dont want". By your post you seem to be catagorizing all "mexicans" as "illegals". Livin2hunt seems to be talking about illegals, and you are talking about "mexicans". I have known plenty of good tax paying hard working "mexicans" that are not a financial detriment to the US. And I have known "illegals" that are unquestionably a drain.

How in the world can you not understand that someone that does not pay taxes has an unfair advantage over one who does? A company using illegals can win the bid because his labor is cheaper because they can make less because they arent paying 10-35% of their income to the US Treasury. Use a calculator if you must......
miket is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 09-04-2017, 08:44 AM   #17
miket
Pope & Young
 
miket's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Plantersville
Hunt In: Grimes County, Victoria
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeerGhostSpeaks View Post
Im not saying you shouldve chosen a different profession. i would never tell someone that. but before you blame all mexicans for it maybe you should look into source of the problem which just might be inflation and globalization. I used to be a CAD designer, until the company i worked for found out they could hire someone online from another country and get the same skills for less price.
Im sorry to hear about losing the CAD designer gig. But you do recognize that is a different scenario, right? That person is not illegally in your country, or partaking of the financial and medical benefits without paying the accompanying taxes. I do agree that the issue is, in the end, a govt problem. The US govt has allowed this, including our esteemed former president Reagan. ( and for the record I believe outsourcing these jobs only brings a temporary gain and in the end will be seriously detrimental to the US )
miket is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 09-04-2017, 08:58 AM   #18
muzzlebrake
Pope & Young
 
muzzlebrake's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Euless, Texas
Hunt In: Sterling County
Default

Illegal = crime
Crime should be dealt with.
It's the law dammit!
To hell with the economics BS.
Idiot liberals can't seem to grasp that.
muzzlebrake is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 09-04-2017, 09:51 AM   #19
RiverRat1
Pope & Young
 
RiverRat1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Leander
Hunt In: San Saba
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by muzzlebrake View Post
Illegal = crime
Crime should be dealt with.
It's the law dammit!
To hell with the economics BS.
Idiot liberals can't seem to grasp that.
Watching news about the floods and that one old scraggly (insert words here of your choice) was trying to entice Gov Abbott into saying something bad about illegals. Abbott said something and she said "So you're saying they're bad people?" Made me sick. At least he was smart enough to say no but they should get here the legal way.

Yes, the whole flooding thing was/is horrible but they're still here illegally and IMO should worry about being deported. If I rob a bank(or any other crime) and then a flood hits(or any disaster) can I cry and say times are tough and leave me alone?
RiverRat1 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 09-04-2017, 10:13 AM   #20
muzzlebrake
Pope & Young
 
muzzlebrake's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Euless, Texas
Hunt In: Sterling County
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiverRat1 View Post
Watching news about the floods and that one old scraggly (insert words here of your choice) was trying to entice Gov Abbott into saying something bad about illegals. Abbott said something and she said "So you're saying they're bad people?" Made me sick. At least he was smart enough to say no but they should get here the legal way.

Yes, the whole flooding thing was/is horrible but they're still here illegally and IMO should worry about being deported. If I rob a bank(or any other crime) and then a flood hits(or any disaster) can I cry and say times are tough and leave me alone?
Das rah. How else dey gon git der muny?
muzzlebrake is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 09-04-2017, 02:27 PM   #21
texansfan
Ten Point
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Location: Houston
Hunt In: East Texas/Marshall
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Traxx View Post
Yes they get medicare and social security and well-fare and wic. Not to mention identity theft, and other non violent crimes. Then there are the violent crimes. Then there are the immigrants that are trying to do it legally whose available visa pool is taken from when amnesty is given. Not to forget the bad name the illegals give to the legal immigrants. I guess that until you personally have to deal with the illegal issue it is "only 4 billion"

Oh and sorry for the hijack. I will step off the soapbox.
What percentage of "violent crimes" effects the $4Trillion budget of our govt?

Illegals get social security?
OK, how much are they getting and how much do we pay out in total social security a year?

Youre talking not even the dust of a handful of peanuts.

Identity theft?
How much identity theft is there total in this country?
How much of that is due to illegal immigrants and not Russians or Jews in Israel or Africans in Nigeria or Indians in Hyderabad (that irs scam)?

Again, in the $4T scheme of things this stuff isnt even worth mentioning.

If illegals stole one of those new nuclear subs then we'd have a discussion

Do illegals have an impact on WIC budgets in texas and California? Youre DARN SKIPPY they do!
Pre-K education resources too!
texansfan is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 09-04-2017, 02:43 PM   #22
texansfan
Ten Point
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Location: Houston
Hunt In: East Texas/Marshall
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Livin'2hunt View Post
Anyone that believes illegal immigration is insignificant has yet had their lives affected by it. Try having an illegal alien who receives welfare, medicaid, food stamps, child child tax credits, is not insured or bonded and is paid cash under the table so he pays no taxes take work from you because he is able to do it for 25% what you can at your bottom price.
As if Americans dont already do this?
Stop blaming the boogeyman illegal immigrants.

It's a slippery slope.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Livin'2hunt View Post
Let illegal aliens start taking jobs and dropping the income of doctors, lawyers, politicians and professors and everyone will sing a different tune about the illegal aliens. Imagine showing up for a colonoscopy and Juan, who just jumped the border two weeks ago, is performing the procedure. You'd run out like your pubes were ablaze.
You know why this won't happen?
Those are HIGHLY SKILLED PROFESSIONS that police their own.
You can't practice medicine or law without other lawyers or doctors saying that you can.

But to paint some walls in someone's house all you need to do is dive to home depot and pick up Alejandro and off you go.
Those are low skilled jobs that a sixth grader could do.

Even somewhat skilled plumbing or electrical could be tackled by watching some YouTube videos.

But try to file a nunc pro tunc or probate a will on your own. Or do your kids tonscillectomy and you won't be watching you tube.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Livin'2hunt View Post

The mindset of, "they're not affecting me" is so hypocritical, self-centered and ignorant, those of that mind are beyond help. If you are one who can justify illegal aliens plundering and pillaging our resources, consider this; what would your opinion be if one of these aliens raped and brutally killed your eight year old daughter? But, they're not all bad, right?

P.S. - If you say, I should have chosen a different profession, you can kiss my ***.
They are not saying illegals don't have an effect in minute silo"d sectors they are saying overall in macroeconomics they don't count
texansfan is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 09-04-2017, 03:08 PM   #23
texansfan
Ten Point
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Location: Houston
Hunt In: East Texas/Marshall
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeerGhostSpeaks View Post
Im not saying you shouldve chosen a different profession. i would never tell someone that. but before you blame all mexicans for it maybe you should look into source of the problem which just might be inflation and globalization. I used to be a CAD designer, until the company i worked for found out they could hire someone online from another country and get the same skills for less price.
We're talking football and you just said you hit a homerun.
texansfan is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 09-04-2017, 05:01 PM   #24
Livin'2hunt
Ten Point
 
Livin'2hunt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Hunt In: my birthday suit
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by miket View Post
I dont see where he advocated killing the guest worker program. If mexicans want to pick watermelons they still can, legally. Same goes for many of the other jobs americans "dont want". By your post you seem to be catagorizing all "mexicans" as "illegals". Livin2hunt seems to be talking about illegals, and you are talking about "mexicans". I have known plenty of good tax paying hard working "mexicans" that are not a financial detriment to the US. And I have known "illegals" that are unquestionably a drain.

How in the world can you not understand that someone that does not pay taxes has an unfair advantage over one who does? A company using illegals can win the bid because his labor is cheaper because they can make less because they arent paying 10-35% of their income to the US Treasury. Use a calculator if you must......

At least, you understood what I wrote. This is not a humanitarian issue. It is an issue of citizen's Rights and economics. Despite what some moron on TBH thinks about the skills of someone's profession, I am a citizen of this Nation and I as well as others like me are at a distinct disadvantage because of illegal aliens being permitted to operate full tilt.

I have Rights. Illegal aliens have no Rights in this country other than basic human Rights. These people can come to this Country legally and I am all for it. I know many that have and I have good working relationships with them. To the two clueless posters here that are so indignant about my being wrong headed, do this before you judge; open your home to a family of illegals. Pay for all of their healthcare, food, give them thousands of dollars for them and each of their nineteen "kids" they supposedly have and bring them to work with you so they can do your job for 1/3 the wages you are paid. Do all of this on a credit card in your child's name. Leave the debt for your kids. They don't need to work for more because, on average, in benefits and welfare, they take a value of $62K per family from the U.S. Gubmint. Then, they don't pay taxes on their wages.

I don't get one red cent from my Gubmint. It would be nice if our Gubmint cared as much for its citizens as it does for people who are citizens from other countries. I would be thrown in prison for doing the same thing these illegals are paid by our Gubmint to do freely. This Nation is trillions in debt and we cannot afford this stupidity. I will say it again, you are a colossal hypocrite if you expect others to fund all this idiocy but are not willing to fund the same behavior.

As for picking vegetables and mowing lawns, they can do that by being here legally. Border jumping is not the solution. As for professions policing their own, guess what....it's coming. In San Antonio, they are trying to permit illegals to hold public office. That slippery slope is getting closer and closer to home. Be careful so you're not bowled over.
Livin'2hunt is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 09-04-2017, 05:33 PM   #25
Traxx
Four Point
 
Traxx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2015
Location: Ft Worth
Hunt In: Dawson
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by texansfan View Post
What percentage of "violent crimes" effects the $4Trillion budget of our govt?
True, and the police work for free as well as the prisons not to mention the cost to the victims lost wages etc....

Illegals get social security?
OK, how much are they getting and how much do we pay out in total social security a year?
See identity theft

Youre talking not even the dust of a handful of peanuts.

Identity theft?
How much identity theft is there total in this country?
How much I have no idea.

How much of that is due to illegal immigrants and not Russians or Jews in Israel or Africans in Nigeria or Indians in Hyderabad (that irs scam)?

Who says the illegals are not Russians, Jews or African or Indians or maybe even Canadians.

Again, in the $4T scheme of things this stuff isnt even worth mentioning.

Every little bit helps. I am so glad that you can afford to support them with other peoples hard earned wages.

If illegals stole one of those new nuclear subs then we'd have a discussion

Do illegals have an impact on WIC budgets in texas and California? Youre DARN SKIPPY they do!
Pre-K education resources too!
Anyway read for yourself.
https://cis.org/Report/Illegal-Not-Undocumented
Traxx is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 09-04-2017, 10:20 PM   #26
texansfan
Ten Point
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Location: Houston
Hunt In: East Texas/Marshall
Default

Just saw on Fox News that illegals will be sucking up FEMA money after Harvey
About 30% of Dickinson is Hispanic so only Lord knows how many are illegal.
texansfan is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 09-05-2017, 10:43 AM   #27
AZST_bowhunter
Ten Point
 
AZST_bowhunter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2015
Location: Cypress, Tx
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeerGhostSpeaks View Post
are you kidding me? "let illegal aliens start taking jobs" what jobs are you talking about? the jobs in the fields and crops that no americans want? good luck getting an american 18 yr old to go pick up watermelons all day in the blazing heat. yet a mexican 13-14 yr old will jump at the chance, its the same as when an american company decides to start manufacturing in china because its cheaper. Maybe youre talking about the construction jobs that younger americans dont want for the same reasons, its easier for them to take a BS loan that the "gubment" sold them and stay in school being educated for jobs that probably wont exist by the time they finish.

the illegals your reffering to when you say " aliens raped and brutally killed your eight year old daughter? But, they're not all bad, right? " are the ones with the face tattoos or the ones bringing over hard drugs and human trafficking lanes. most of that you can attribute to the drug war that the US "gubment" funds by chasing the money going back over the border instead of the problems coming this way in the first place because they have an unquenchable thirst for funding the DEA with the money they get from it. Mexico was the 2nd most dangerous country on the planet last year, and yet our troops are half a world away fighting a war nobody sees. The cartels and the face tattoos coming here could be done with if our military was put upon them but it wont happen, because the government is fake enough to put plants like marijuana are on the same scale as heroin and meth. The hard working mexicans coming here are coming here because over there the cartels put their hand in everything and there is no living under them. I'm from the Rio Grande Valley and that place might as well be renamed "north mexico" by now because of all the cartel violence and law enforcement pay offs.

maybe they do come here and make money and send it back home. maybe they do work food truck and restaurant jobs to make tax free money. but let me ask you this. How would you feed your family if youleft to work out of the country? would you let your "8yr old daughter" starve in the guatemalan mountains where everyone is under 5'5" because of malnutrition? i dont thing so.

oh yeah and if someone makes an appointment to get a colonoscopy from a doctor without looking into where hes from they deserve to get something shoved up their....
http://www.whec.com/news/geneseo-man...-girl/4550735/

http://www.breitbart.com/texas/2017/...ront-children/

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...rged-rape.html

http://www.fox19.com/story/14322366/...-year-old-girl

http://wnyt.com/news/immigrant-worke...ounty/4553821/

http://abc7ny.com/news/police-man-ch...times/1814318/

https://pjmedia.com/parenting/2017/0...n-connecticut/

A LOT of neck tats on these guys.............................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. ... get off your high horse, if illegal, ship them back to whatever country...halt all immigration for a year or two...start enforcing immigration laws
AZST_bowhunter is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 09-05-2017, 10:44 AM   #28
AZST_bowhunter
Ten Point
 
AZST_bowhunter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2015
Location: Cypress, Tx
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Livin'2hunt View Post
Anyone that believes illegal immigration is insignificant has yet had their lives affected by it. Try having an illegal alien who receives welfare, medicaid, food stamps, child child tax credits, is not insured or bonded and is paid cash under the table so he pays no taxes take work from you because he is able to do it for 25% what you can at your bottom price.

Let illegal aliens start taking jobs and dropping the income of doctors, lawyers, politicians and professors and everyone will sing a different tune about the illegal aliens. Imagine showing up for a colonoscopy and Juan, who just jumped the border two weeks ago, is performing the procedure. You'd run out like your pubes were ablaze.

The mindset of, "they're not affecting me" is so hypocritical, self-centered and ignorant, those of that mind are beyond help. If you are one who can justify illegal aliens plundering and pillaging our resources, consider this; what would your opinion be if one of these aliens raped and brutally killed your eight year old daughter? But, they're not all bad, right?

P.S. - If you say, I should have chosen a different profession, you can kiss my ***.
This is me hitting the like button
AZST_bowhunter is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 09-05-2017, 08:27 PM   #29
iamntxhunter
Pope & Young
 
iamntxhunter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Dallas
Hunt In: North Texas
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiverRat1 View Post

The class was talking about taxes, population, increased costs, and laws the professor said "Illegal immigrants are irrelevant"

She went on to basically say they don't factor into anything
Only a truly ignorant person would say such things and expect people to belive those statements.


Sent from my VS987 using Tapatalk
iamntxhunter is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 09-05-2017, 08:48 PM   #30
Charles
Pope & Young
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Default

If illegal immigration continues to be ignored, what will be the next law to ignore?
Charles is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 09-05-2017, 09:20 PM   #31
RiverRat1
Pope & Young
 
RiverRat1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Leander
Hunt In: San Saba
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamntxhunter View Post
Only a truly ignorant person would say such things and expect people to belive those statements.


Sent from my VS987 using Tapatalk
So is the entire college board ignorant? This is what's mind blowing to me.
RiverRat1 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 09-05-2017, 09:24 PM   #32
iamntxhunter
Pope & Young
 
iamntxhunter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Dallas
Hunt In: North Texas
Default

I don't know if it is purely ignorant as much as it is drowning in its own world of academia however that is a factually inaccurate statement.

Sent from my VS987 using Tapatalk
iamntxhunter is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:49 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright 1999-2012, TexasBowhunter.com