Go Back   TexasBowhunter.com Community Discussion Forums > Topics > Current Events - Politics and Such

Old 08-21-2017, 04:00 PM   #1
Russ79
Ten Point

Hunt In: Nacogdoches county, Beaufort county NC
Default Well, at least the bleeding heart liberals have their priorities right...

Working overtime to get those Confederate monuments down while Chicago is a shooting gallery with barely any mention in the news. Another 63 shot last weekend. With RE protecting it as a sanctuary city, maybe some of the illegals will get caught in the crossfire....They will be begging ICE to come pick them up and get them the heck out of there.
Russ79 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 08-21-2017, 04:08 PM   #2
flywise
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Blanco, Nacadoches,NewMexico,Colorado

Ol Chicago......more dangerous that all of the middle east war grounds combined
flywise is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 08-21-2017, 04:31 PM   #3
Livin'2hunt
Ten Point

Hunt In: my birthday suit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Russ79 View Post
Working overtime to get those Confederate monuments down while Chicago is a shooting gallery with barely any mention in the news. Another 63 shot last weekend. With RE protecting it as a sanctuary city, maybe some of the illegals will get caught in the crossfire....They will be begging ICE to come pick them up and get them the heck out of there.

What are you doing???? You can't discuss this. This flies in the face of every dim-witted liberal talking point. You're going to ruin EVERYTHING!
Livin'2hunt is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 08-21-2017, 04:47 PM   #4
Man
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Nacogdoches,Tx

Quote:
Originally Posted by Russ79 View Post
Another 63 shot last weekend.
Black lives matter to everyone....except blacks

Miller Time!
Man is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 08-21-2017, 04:51 PM   #5
Clay C
Ten Point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Man View Post
Black lives matter to everyone....except blacks

Miller Time!
Oh they matter to them. It's just that BLM isn't a pro-black movement, it's an anti-white movement.
Clay C is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 08-21-2017, 05:58 PM   #6
Livin'2hunt
Ten Point

While Man was making light, he's not far off. In any given year, 90%-93% of blacks murdered will be killed by other blacks. There is not a race war against blacks. BLM is a modern day resurrection of the Black Panther Party. Like Clay said, they're a anti-white organization and nothing more.
Old 08-21-2017, 07:11 PM   #7
Traildust
Pope & Young

Quote:
Originally Posted by Livin'2hunt View Post
While Man was making light, he's not far off. In any given year, 90%-93% of blacks murdered will be killed by other blacks. There is not a race war against blacks. BLM is a modern day resurrection of the Black Panther Party. Like Clay said, they're a anti-white organization and nothing more.
What? Are you sure about that. The Great Uniter Barak invited them to the white house.........
Traildust is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 08-21-2017, 07:18 PM   #8
BrandonA
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Mills and Burnet County

Quote:
Black Lives Matter is a modern day version of a Black KKK. And just like white supremist have no place in this country, black supremist don't either. Both are filled with hate and violence, and we better **** and condem both of them

Last edited by BrandonA; 08-21-2017 at 07:22 PM..
BrandonA is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 08-21-2017, 07:21 PM   #9
Ironman
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Anywhere

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrandonA View Post
Black Lives Matter is a modern day version of a Black KKK. And just like white supremist have no place in this country, black supremist don't either. Both are filled with hate and violence, and we better dam and condem both
Or fix up The Colosseum in Rome.
Ironman is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 08-21-2017, 07:23 PM   #10
mavrick
Ten Point

How about the news " replace confederate statue with one of Missy Elliot" heck yeah that would be great!!!!
mavrick is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 08-21-2017, 07:33 PM   #11
BrandonA
Pope & Young

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ironman View Post
Or fix up The Colosseum in Rome.
Already got Chicago. No need to travel over seas.
Old 08-21-2017, 07:42 PM   #12
Landrover
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Wherever & Whenever
Lightbulb

Quote:
In any given year, 90%-93% of blacks murdered will be killed by other blacks. .
Sad and pitiful at best but embarrassing is also a fair analogy!
Stats are nice but they cut both ways.
"FBI statistics also show 83%-85%"..... of whites murdered were killed by other whites. (I think it said from 2015)
Just a horrible state of affairs across the fruited plain.
With meth and oxy wars spreading rapidly the "statistics" will only get uglier by the year.
Then what?
Landrover is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 08-21-2017, 07:57 PM   #13
Livin'2hunt
Ten Point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Landrover View Post
Sad and pitiful at best but embarrassing is also a fair analogy!
Stats are nice but they cut both ways.
"FBI statistics also show 83%-85%"..... of whites murdered were killed by other whites. (I think it said from 2015)
Just a horrible state of affairs across the fruited plain.
With meth and oxy wars spreading rapidly the "statistics" will only get uglier by the year.
Then what?
Yes, you are correct. I was addressing a specific point about black-on-black murders. It's a matter of whom we associate with.

It more aptly proves my point, there is no rampant race war waged in the streets of America as the media would have us swallow.
Old 08-21-2017, 08:05 PM   #14
Livin'2hunt
Ten Point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Traildust View Post
What? Are you sure about that. The Great Uniter Barak invited them to the white house.........

There IS a chance I am wrong. I mean, hell, why would an illustrious leader like Barry invite them there if they were bad people??

Waaaaaaait a minute.....
Old 08-21-2017, 08:14 PM   #15
Landrover
Pope & Young

Thumbs up

Quote:
Yes, you are correct. I was addressing a specific point about black-on-black murders. It's a matter of whom we associate with.

It more aptly proves my point, there is no rampant race war waged in the streets of America as the media would have us swallow.
Bingo!!
But why are so many thinking otherwise & buying into the media hyperbole?
2% arse wipes on the left and 2% arse wipes on the right.................and the UNITED States of America is going away?
Even the fringe fence sitters don't amount to much more.
But what is alarming is our little microcosm on TBH.
The disrespect and utter rudeness that has started on this site is waaaaay out of bounds. Where is that coming from? Why is it here?
Old 08-21-2017, 08:33 PM   #16
Traildust
Pope & Young

Quote:
Bingo!!
2% arse wipes on the left and 2% arse wipes on the right.................and the UNITED States of America is going away?
The disrespect and utter rudeness that has started on this site is waaaaay out of bounds. Where is that coming from? Why is it here?
Perception I guess. Klansmen, white supremacy groups, Trump's supporters and Republicans are all grouped into one. I non-stop barrage of verbal and physical attacks.

Alt-left, racism screaming white/cop hating groups get invited to the white house and put on a high pedestal. It's getting old.
Old 08-21-2017, 08:40 PM   #17
Livin'2hunt
Ten Point

Quote:
Bingo!!
I believe the 2% you refer to on both sides has to do with lack of intelligence among a myriad of other factors. Those people usually haven't amounted to squat and want a scapegoat instead of improving themselves intellectually, professionally and personally. Hate is taught, not bred. Personal experiences shape our view as well but not to that degree. The media pushes this hatred because it benefits them and the left wing agenda.
Old 08-21-2017, 08:40 PM   #18
BrandonA
Pope & Young

Quote:

This whole media fabricated race war is just that. I've never seen anything like it. The question is what is their end game?
Old 08-21-2017, 08:44 PM   #19
Landrover
Pope & Young

Quote:
Originally Posted by Traildust View Post
Perception I guess. Klansmen, white supremacy groups, Trump's supporters and Republicans are all grouped into one. I non-stop barrage of verbal and physical attacks.

Alt-left, racism screaming white/cop hating groups get invited to the white house and put on a high pedestal. It's getting old.
It is absolutely OLD! This same type of crap got old in my dads time also. But as technology has allowed us to see that less than 4 or 5% of people are driving that negative narrative & agenda.
WE gotta be smarter than that as a group of people observing this non sense. Moral clarity must rule the day.......not just from our leader but from ALL of us. Don't get discouraged as bigotry will never lead the way.
Old 08-21-2017, 08:47 PM   #20
Landrover
Pope & Young

Quote:
I believe the 2% you refer to on both sides has to do with lack of intelligence among a myriad of other factors. Those people usually haven't amounted to squat and want a scapegoat instead of improving themselves intellectually, professionally and personally. Hate is taught, not bred. Personal experiences shape our view as well but not to that degree. The media pushes this hatred because it benefits them and the left wing agenda.
Yes, they would be the trash that we all recognize are driving this non sense. Wrong is Wrong, but we are better. Don't know how to be any clearer?
Old 08-21-2017, 08:47 PM   #21
Livin'2hunt
Ten Point

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrandonA View Post
This whole media fabricated race war is just that. I've never seen anything like it. The question is what is their end game?
To keep on keepin' on selling commercials. It keeps them in the high-end parties, keeps their multi-million dollar estates and keeps their left wing agenda on the forefront with a National audience. I don't think they worry much beyond that.
Old 08-21-2017, 08:52 PM   #22
Livin'2hunt
Ten Point

Quote:
It is absolutely OLD! This same type of crap got old in my dads time also. But as technology has allowed us to see that less than 4 or 5% of people are driving that negative narrative & agenda.
WE gotta be smarter than that as a group of people observing this non sense. Moral clarity must rule the day.......not just from our leader but from ALL of us. Don't get discouraged as bigotry will never lead the way.

The problem is, you are "preaching to the choir". Most of the people (especially on this sub forum) are successful and it didn't come from being bigoted morons. We can be better prople each day, teach our children the correct way to live and show them hypocrisy and idiocy on display when it rears it's head. I figure most people don't do those simple things...
Old 08-21-2017, 10:54 PM   #23
Vermin93
Eight Point

Hunt In: North TX, OK, TN
Default Well, at least the bleeding heart liberals have their priorities right...

Quote:

Intense tribalism, unfortunately at the expense of individualism, objectivity and reason.

Last edited by Vermin93; 08-21-2017 at 11:07 PM..
Vermin93 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 08-22-2017, 08:49 AM   #24
Livin'2hunt
Ten Point

Varmint: Look Mommy! I learned a new word!!

Varmint's Mom: What word is that, Varmint?

Varmint: My word is "tribalism", Mommy!

Varmint's Mom: That's a fine word, Varmint.

Varmint: I know, Mommy! I'm going to use it tirelessly AND out of context until someone notices me!!! Tribalism. Tribalism. Tribalism. Tribalism. Tribalism. Tribalism. Tribalism. Tribalism. Tribalism. Tribalism. Tribalism. Tribalism. Tribalism. Tribalism. Tribalism. Tribalism. Tribalism. Tribalism. Tribalism. Tribalism. Tribalism. Tribalism. Tribalism. Tribalism. Tribalism. Tribalism. Tribalism. Tribalism. Tribalism. Tribalism. Tribalism. Tribalism. Tribalism. Tribalism. Tribalism. Tribalism. Tribalism. Tribalism. Tribalism. Tribalism. Tribalism.

Varmint: It's not working, Mommy....
Old 08-22-2017, 08:56 AM   #25
Traildust
Pope & Young

Lmao!^^^^^^^^^
Old 08-22-2017, 08:59 AM   #26
Mike Javi Cooper
Pope & Young

These will be next...
Attached Images

Mike Javi Cooper is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 08-22-2017, 09:00 AM   #27
muzzlebrake
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Sterling County

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vermin93 View Post
Intense tribalism, unfortunately at the expense of individualism, objectivity and reason.
Rhymes with plagiarism

Uh oh
muzzlebrake is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 08-22-2017, 09:19 AM   #28
J Sweet
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Leon/Madsion County

Quote:
Varmint: Look Mommy! I learned a new word!!

Varmint's Mom: What word is that, Varmint?

Varmint: My word is "tribalism", Mommy!

Varmint's Mom: That's a fine word, Varmint.

Varmint: I know, Mommy! I'm going to use it tirelessly AND out of context until someone notices me!!! Tribalism. Tribalism. Tribalism. Tribalism. Tribalism. Tribalism. Tribalism. Tribalism. Tribalism. Tribalism. Tribalism. Tribalism. Tribalism. Tribalism. Tribalism. Tribalism. Tribalism. Tribalism. Tribalism. Tribalism. Tribalism. Tribalism. Tribalism. Tribalism. Tribalism. Tribalism. Tribalism. Tribalism. Tribalism. Tribalism. Tribalism. Tribalism. Tribalism. Tribalism. Tribalism. Tribalism. Tribalism. Tribalism. Tribalism. Tribalism. Tribalism.

Varmint: It's not working, Mommy....

Hahaha,

Because there is only one tribe right? His tribe isn't a tribe? Literally the embodiment of tribalism.
J Sweet is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 08-22-2017, 09:21 AM   #29
Ironman
Pope & Young

Quote:
You sure seem to throw the word tribalism around a lot. Considering that the members here don't live in a tribe, it's obvious that you are doing nothing more than attempting to stroke your own ego by looking down on others with your little snide, inaccurate definition of what is actually going on.

You see, there are a lot of people on here with the same core convictions. I know it's hard for someone who has none to understand, but what that means is, although we are individuals, we dislike the same things for the same reasons. I know you being a Centrist and all makes you falsely feel like you have it all figured out and people on either side you consider idiots. Well, the truth is, Centrist lack core convictions and seem to have an unrealistic view of what life is really all about. Centrist are known to make up their own parameters about subjects, and change them when they deem necessary. In others words like a wind vane.

I guess what I'm really trying to say is, by your definition of "tribalism", I'll take that as a compliment due to the fact that many on here have the same core convictions as me.........THANK GOD!!!
Old 08-22-2017, 03:59 PM   #30
Vermin93
Eight Point

Quote:
Originally Posted by J Sweet View Post
Hahaha,

Because there is only one tribe right? His tribe isn't a tribe? Literally the embodiment of tribalism.
Most movements, including conservatism and liberalism, are tribalistic to some extent. Trumpism and anti-Trumpism are more recent, extreme examples. In politics, the farther one moves to the right or left, the more tribal it gets. Defending the tribe and its causes gets in the way of objective reality. The difference is that conservative tribalism is somewhat disciplined and frequently guided by religion while liberal tribalism is much more moblike. In either case, a devoted tribalist will frequently unleash an obnoxious, personal, emotion-based verbal assualt if you question or challenge one of their unsubstantiated political or religious beliefs.

As I previously mentioned, a political forum on a hunting site is likely to be ruled by conservative tribalism for obvious demographic reasons.

Examples of ideological tribalism from both ends of the spectrum -

- Hardcore liberal ideologues in complete denial over illegal immigration to the point where no amount of evidence, observation or data will convince them that illegal immigration should actually be illegal rather than enabled. Their cause ("social justice") is more important than objective reality (the law, the existence of a border, and the negative impacts of illegal immigration).

- Hardcore conservative ideologues unwilling to admit that slavery and white supremacy were a primary cause of secession despite overwhelming historical evidence written by the leaders who actually did the seceding. This is a verifiably dishonest and intensely hypocritical position fed by propaganda and the censorship of historical documents. Their cause (revisionist Confederate "heritage", aka "The Lost Cause") is more important than objective reality (actual documented history). We saw this play out the past few days as some posters ignored, spun, dodged and evaded the actual declarations of secession by Texas and other states.

My subjective observation and opinion on the subject is pretty simple - if you're a hardcore liberal or conservative, there's probably something wrong with you.
Old 08-22-2017, 05:08 PM   #31
Landrover
Pope & Young

Quote:
The problem is, you are "preaching to the choir". Most of the people (especially on this sub forum) are successful and it didn't come from being bigoted morons. We can be better prople each day, teach our children the correct way to live and show them hypocrisy and idiocy on display when it rears it's head. I figure most people don't do those simple things...
That is truthful and accepted. Just be aware, if we only preach to eachother & geaux off the proverbial reservation because of "group think" all of us are royally screwed. No way I am giving in to the trashy radicals on either side of this mess.. ...which I think most on here feel the same way. (I hope at least!) Not enough of them trashy radical jerks for one, and I have faith that wiser heads tend to prevail in a democracy. This can turn on a dime with the concise & correct authoritarian message.......i.e., President Reagan.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk
Old 08-22-2017, 05:16 PM   #32
Landrover
Pope & Young

Quote:
Most movements, including conservatism and liberalism, are tribalistic to some extent. Trumpism and anti-Trumpism are more recent, extreme examples. In politics, the farther one moves to the right or left, the more tribal it gets. Defending the tribe and its causes gets in the way of objective reality. The difference is that conservative tribalism is somewhat disciplined and frequently guided by religion while liberal tribalism is much more moblike. In either case, a devoted tribalist will frequently unleash an obnoxious, personal, emotion-based verbal assualt if you question or challenge one of their unsubstantiated political or religious beliefs.

As I previously mentioned, a political forum on a hunting site is likely to be ruled by conservative tribalism for obvious demographic reasons.

Examples of ideological tribalism from both ends of the spectrum -

- Hardcore liberal ideologues in complete denial over illegal immigration to the point where no amount of evidence, observation or data will convince them that illegal immigration should actually be illegal rather than enabled. Their cause ("social justice") is more important than objective reality (the law, the existence of a border, and the negative impacts of illegal immigration).

- Hardcore conservative ideologues unwilling to admit that slavery and white supremacy were a primary cause of secession despite overwhelming historical evidence written by the leaders who actually did the seceding. This is a verifiably dishonest and intensely hypocritical position fed by propaganda and the censorship of historical documents. Their cause (revisionist Confederate "heritage", aka "The Lost Cause") is more important than objective reality (actual documented history). We saw this play out the past few days as some posters ignored, spun, dodged and evaded the actual declarations of secession by Texas and other states.

My subjective observation and opinion on the subject is pretty simple - if you're a hardcore liberal or conservative, there's probably something wrong with you.
Nothing oddball about this at all. Thanks for the follow-up actually. Tribalism may not be a word for the masses but group think, loyalists, followers, rutter-less, and members all fit the bill. At the end of the day, WE better be Americans that are willing to abide by our Constitution & Bill of Rights. All the " shirts versus no shirts" is counter productive and can be dangerous to our sovereignty. .....not much else matters when the clock strikes 12!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk
Old 08-22-2017, 10:47 PM   #33
Draco
Pope & Young

Quote:
Their cause (revisionist Confederate "heritage", aka "The Lost Cause") is more important than objective reality (actual documented history). We saw this play out the past few days as some posters ignored, spun, dodged and evaded the actual declarations of secession by Texas and other states.

I think you are confused with which party was the party of the south and which party freed the slaves. The Democrats were the party of slavery.

You say if you're in either of these tribes then there is some thing wrong with me. What if one tribe is right and the other is wrong? Do I belong partially to the tribe which is wrong just to be right by your opinion? Ever give any thought to the point that you may not be all knowing and you may be actually wrong? Ignorance should be accepted, arrogance should not. Tone your arrogance back a bit, if you don't mind.
Draco is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 08-23-2017, 08:11 AM   #34
Livin'2hunt
Ten Point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Draco View Post
I think you are confused with which party was the party of the south and which party freed the slaves. The Democrats were the party of slavery.

You say if you're in either of these tribes then there is some thing wrong with me. What if one tribe is right and the other is wrong? Do I belong partially to the tribe which is wrong just to be right by your opinion? Ever give any thought to the point that you may not be all knowing and you may be actually wrong? Ignorance should be accepted, arrogance should not. Tone your arrogance back a bit, if you don't mind.

Draco, Varmint Smurf cares not to tone down a thing because he doesn't know how to. Hell, he doesn't even know what you're talking about. He sees himself as erudite and above the fray while in actuality, he is utterly unprincipled a and makes as much sense as Cheech & Chong on bath salts. I had a BIL just like him. Even my ultra-liberal sister grew to abhor him.
Old 08-23-2017, 08:36 AM   #35
Vermin93
Eight Point

Quote:

I think your response is confused. It ignores the evolution of the political landscape over the last 160 years. The Confederate states, it's leaders, it's soldiers and it's citizens despised Abraham Lincoln and his Republican Party. The election of Abraham Lincoln and the ascension to power of the Republican party was documented as one of the primary reasons why the Confederate states seceded to protect the institutions of slavery and white supremacy. So what are you - a fan of Abraham Lincoln and the 1860 Republican Party in the North and West Coast or a fan of the Confederacy and the 1860 Southern Democrats who vehemently opposed Lincoln and what they perceived as his assault on the institution of slavery?

Your second comment exemplifies the all or nothing attitude of the political ideologues on the left and right, which is the point I was making. I have said this before, but having a nuanced position on a complicated issue will not land you in the hardcore liberal or hardcore conservative camp, and both camps will disown you for it. I hold some serious conservative viewpoints, particularly when it comes to fiscal matters. Yet in the minds of many conservative ideologues, I'm a "libtard". I also hold some moderate and liberal positions, moreso on social matters, yet in the minds of many liberal ideologues, I'm a right-wing corporate facist. The problem with tribalists is an emotional dedication to an oversimplified and uncompromising viewpoint of right and wrong in a society with hundreds of millions of people wired differently. So yes, if someone takes a hardcore conservative or hardcore liberal position on every single issue, I think there is probably something wrong with them. There is strong evidence of this in the political forum.

Last edited by Vermin93; 08-23-2017 at 08:48 AM..
Old 08-23-2017, 08:53 AM   #36
Ironman
Pope & Young

It doesn't change the fact that you're an arrogant *******.
Old 08-23-2017, 09:00 AM   #37
Vermin93
Eight Point

Quote:
Predictable...

Quote:
In either case, a devoted tribalist will frequently unleash an obnoxious, personal, emotion-based verbal assualt if you question or challenge one of their unsubstantiated political or religious beliefs.
Old 08-23-2017, 09:10 AM   #38
Livin'2hunt
Ten Point

His post perfectly exemplifies everything I have ever written about Varmint. Everyone is a mouth-breathing simpleton, but him, of course. He has the audacity and, he believes, the obligation to label people whom he does not know, demean them, chastise them and to discount all viewpoints but his own while claiming HIS way is nuanced. If that isn't an Richard Head move, I don't know what is. He claims to have Conservative views but wholly admonishes everyone with those views. Personally, I have never read a single Conservatively leaning post attached to his name. Largely because he rattles on about "tribalism" this and "tribalism" that as he flounders to make sense of that idiotic crap. Tribalism must be his Centrist Club's word of the month as much as he is using it. No one is impressed by him and that irks him to no end. We aren't buying the snake oil he is selling and his fragile ego cannot handle it. He claims to have Conservative views but he certainly doesn't have Conservative values because, "don't do that" is not even on his radar. Of this, I am certain.

Last edited by Livin'2hunt; 08-23-2017 at 09:12 AM..
Old 08-23-2017, 09:34 AM   #39
Livin'2hunt
Ten Point

Quote:

Ironman, his responses to you are absolutely comical! He jumps on here (or any forum, I would imagine), casts aspersions, openly belittles people while refusing to have open debate and then puts on his PJs and sucks his thumb when people get mad at his insolence. THAT, my friend, is the definition of predictable.

My former BIL whom is just like him is the biggest mammary I have ever laid eyes on. If everyone didn't agree with his "nuanced viewpoint" (he used that phrase too), he would pitch a first-rate hissy fit and stomp out of the room to pout. He couldn't handle debate or dissenting views. His ego couldn't abide it. In the end, he was found out to be a small, insignificant egotist with a vocabulary.

Reminds me of someone......
Old 08-23-2017, 09:38 AM   #40
Ironman
Pope & Young

Quote:
Predictable...
Am I wrong?
Old 08-23-2017, 09:57 AM   #41
Vermin93
Eight Point

Quote:
I had a BIL just like him. Even my ultra-liberal sister grew to abhor him.
This likely demonstrates my point. As I've said multiple times, the tribal ideologues at both extremes struggle mightily to engage in objective, reasoned discussion with individualists. An objective viewpoint is frequently going to frustrate those at the political extremes conditioned by a repetition of ideas and confirmation bias. This frustration is often amplified within some secular liberal tribalists, because once they reject reality as truth, they have no religious dogma to fall back on. Their reality is instead defined by their emotions. This plays out frequently with hardcore liberal protesters. At the other end of the spectrum we have you, although your emotional ranting is more entertaining than hardcore liberal protesting.

Last edited by Vermin93; 08-23-2017 at 10:02 AM..
Old 08-23-2017, 10:18 AM   #42
J Sweet
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Leon/Madsion County

This is too funny.
J Sweet is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 08-23-2017, 10:46 AM   #43
Landrover
Pope & Young

Quote:
LMAO...........I just spit orange juice on my desk!
Just missed my laptop by inches..
Quote:
Originally Posted by mavrick View Post
How about the news " replace confederate statue with one of Missy Elliot" heck yeah that would be great!!!!
I thought you were kidding actually.......lmao! Saw it last night while channel surfing. Heck, I still don't get Elvis Presley and Selena having statues in there hometowns.
Old 08-23-2017, 10:49 AM   #44
Landrover
Pope & Young

Lightbulb

Quote:
Absolute FACT.........but the REST of the story:
https://www.prageru.com/courses/hist...ome-republican
Old 08-23-2017, 11:47 AM   #45
Man
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Nacogdoches,Tx

Quote:
This likely demonstrates my point. As I've said multiple times, the tribal ideologues at both extremes struggle mightily to engage in objective, reasoned discussion with individualists. An objective viewpoint is frequently going to frustrate those at the political extremes conditioned by a repetition of ideas and confirmation bias. This frustration is often amplified within some secular liberal tribalists, because once they reject reality as truth, they have no religious dogma to fall back on. Their reality is instead defined by their emotions. This plays out frequently with hardcore liberal protesters. At the other end of the spectrum we have you, although your emotional ranting is more entertaining than hardcore liberal protesting.
Where do you consider yourself on the scale?
Man is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 08-23-2017, 12:04 PM   #46
Mike Javi Cooper
Pope & Young

Tribalism is only bad if you're not a member of that tribe.. :

It worked for thousands of years before being a member of a family group became a bad thing, before the doctrine of anti-individualism became the norm...

And yet even that is a form of tribalism... They want every individual to be part of the global tribe, think the same, vote the same, follow the leader because only they know what's best for you..

Oh... and you history gurus might want to read up on the Tariff Act of 1828 and the Tariff Act of 1832...
Mike Javi Cooper is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 08-23-2017, 12:44 PM   #47
DaveC
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Menard & Montgomery County

Quote:
Absolute FACT.........but the REST of the story:

https://www.prageru.com/courses/hist...ome-republican

Good read and I agree with the final comments.- I too would vote for any race (or gender) conservative before voting for a liberal of any race (or gender).

The problem is I usually only have RHINO's to choose from as the supposedly conservative candidates.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
DaveC is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 08-23-2017, 01:00 PM   #48
Clay C
Ten Point

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveC View Post
Good read and I agree with the final comments.- I too would vote for any race (or gender) conservative before voting for a liberal of any race (or gender).

The problem is I usually only have RHINO's to choose from as the supposedly conservative candidates.

We are the RHINO's. The Republican party is no longer the party of smaller government. The Dems moved further left and the R's took their former spot. The ones we keep calling RHINO's are walking the party line.
Clay C is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 08-23-2017, 01:11 PM   #49
Landrover
Pope & Young

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveC View Post

I hear that often now. 4 years ago it was those folks you are now calling RINO's that the TEA PARTY told us conservatives to vote for!!! Really, really, really sad state of affairs!!!
Old 08-23-2017, 01:17 PM   #50
Landrover
Pope & Young

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clay C View Post
We are the RHINO's. The Republican party is no longer the party of smaller government. The Dems moved further left and the R's took their former spot. The ones we keep calling RHINO's are walking the party line.
But, but, but...........those are the folks WE all voted for over the last 4-6 years ago! Now I am thinking the Tea Party put the FIX IN in you are correct????