Go Back   TexasBowhunter.com Community Discussion Forums > Topics > Current Events - Politics and Such

Old 08-20-2017, 07:56 AM   #1
Playa
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Coleman
Default Will Trump last 4 years

I've scene 2 separate quotes over the last week indicating Trump's term would be less than a full 4 years.

Do you think that is accurate?

If so how does it end, impeachment or assassination?
Playa is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 08-20-2017, 08:01 AM   #2
flywise
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Blanco, Nacadoches,NewMexico,Colorado

If it dosent i would guess he would voluntarily leave simply out of frustration with the lack of any support to get things done. He has few friends in congress and few friends in his cabinet. He has no reason to put up with the stupidity of DC if he is not allowed to do all the things he promised to do.
flywise is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 08-20-2017, 08:05 AM   #3
Coup de Grace
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Trophy Hunts Only.

He will last, he has backbone.
Coup de Grace is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 08-20-2017, 08:11 AM   #4
TXHunter12
Ten Point

He's not done kicking many in the balls!

Really the question should be does Ryan and McConnel make it.
TXHunter12 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 08-20-2017, 08:20 AM   #5
Pineywoods
Ten Point

Hunt In: Elkhart, Splendora, Laneville & Throckmorton

I hope he does make his full term but the left will look for every opportunity to scream impeachment. The cowardly frauds within the republican party won't say it publicly but you better believe that they would love to see him gone too and probably wouldn't provide much resistence. I also wouldn't doubt if one of these wack job antifa folks or someone with that mentality makes an attempt on his life. The media is stoking the fire of hatred toward our President and true conservatives while screaming about how hateful we are.
Pineywoods is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 08-20-2017, 08:49 AM   #6
Playa
Pope & Young

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pineywoods View Post
I hope he does make his full term but the left will look for every opportunity to scream impeachment. The cowardly frauds within the republican party won't say it publicly but you better believe that they would love to see him gone too and probably wouldn't provide much resistence. I also wouldn't doubt if one of these wack job antifa folks or someone with that mentality makes an attempt on his life. The media is stoking the fire of hatred toward our President and true conservatives while screaming about how hateful we are.
I'm far less concerned about the left than the right. The left can and will continue to paint him and by virtue his supporters as crazy. The longer he is in office the more they can do that.... the right on the other hand stands to be exposed for the centrists that they are. I think they are more likely to move to oust then the left
Old 08-20-2017, 08:50 AM   #7
Pineywoods
Ten Point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Playa View Post
I'm far less concerned about the left than the right. The left can and will continue to paint him and by virtue his supporters as crazy. The longer he is in office the more they can do that.... the right on the other hand stands to be exposed for the centrists that they are. I think they are more likely to move to oust then the left
Yah you are probably right

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk
Old 08-20-2017, 08:53 AM   #8
Charles
Pope & Young

I hope he makes it this go around plus 4 more.

It's unfortunate that other elected officials (both sides) would rather spend time and energy trying to ruin him and his agenda than to get **** done that would benefit the country and it's citizens.
Charles is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 08-20-2017, 11:12 AM   #9
skelsey
Four Point

Yes he will make it
skelsey is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 08-20-2017, 11:32 AM   #10
treestand
Ten Point

Hunt In: Junction Texas

He will make it through this four year term but won't be reelected. I like most of the positions Trump has taken but he doesn't have the leadership skills to get them through Congress.

Will the Republicans nominate a competitive candidate or just allow the democrats to take over in 2021?
treestand is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 08-20-2017, 11:53 AM   #11
stykshooter
Ten Point

Hunt In: S. Dakota, Nebraska & Texas

Most betting websites & Vegas have him impeached during 2018
stykshooter is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 08-20-2017, 12:49 PM   #12
Landrover
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Wherever & Whenever
Lightbulb

I pray for our nation he makes it.....and get some legislation done! Yes, I support Trumps economic ideas......thus Geaux Trump! He does have some positive economic ideas I totally support. But I can emphatically say he does not understand the process and wont listen to folks that want to change it (just like he wants). But those folks actually understand that progress must be made legislatively.....thus he is his own worst enemy!
The downside is waaaay worse in those two scenarios cited by the OP. The instability of those actions in this volatile & unstable world is a path none of us want to geaux down. Just a bad idea!
Quote:
Originally Posted by treestand View Post
He will make it through this four year term but won't be reelected. I like most of the positions Trump has taken but he doesn't have the leadership skills to get them through Congress.

Will the Republicans nominate a competitive candidate or just allow the democrats to take over in 2021?
This is where I am. I think we will nominate a re-thread that Trump beat in the primaries.....which is fine with me. Heck, the other side has no one as the Billiary ship has sailed out of the port.
Quote:
Originally Posted by stykshooter View Post
Yuck........I hope not! but I am not a betting man.

Last edited by Landrover; 08-20-2017 at 01:19 PM..
Landrover is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 08-20-2017, 01:17 PM   #13
texasnavy05
Eight Point

Hunt In: Snook, TX

i dont want to see an impeachment because i think it would make the political climate much worse. but, i think pence would do an excellent job if it did happen.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk
texasnavy05 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 08-20-2017, 03:28 PM   #14
J Sweet
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Leon/Madsion County

That guy aint going anywhere on his own. Theyll have to forcibly remove that man. A quitter he has proven not to be.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
J Sweet is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 08-20-2017, 03:46 PM   #15
skipetex
Eight Point

Hunt In: Blackwell

He in for the long haul plus eight more if he wants. Msm wants him to look bad just to hide all the good he is doing. People with a brain see that. Only the weak minded trust what msm puts out.
skipetex is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 08-20-2017, 04:23 PM   #16
sandbill
Four Point

Hunt In: Montague County

Quote:
I voted for him, but could see this happening. He's bound to do the impeachable, unfortunately.
sandbill is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 08-20-2017, 04:25 PM   #17
ttaxidermy
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Brady,McCulloch Cnty, Brazoria cnty, South Africa, Namibia

Quote:

He doesn't have leadership skills!!!! Really???
His net worth is 3.5 BILLION and employs 1,000's.. His Leadership skills are probably better than 95% of the people in this country... His finances and accomplishments prove this..

What he is not is a politician... He said that in his own words.. The Republican scum suckers are his worst enemy.. He will expose them all eventually.. Go Trump.
ttaxidermy is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 08-20-2017, 05:15 PM   #18
sqiggy
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Panola Co and Robertson Co

Quote:
Originally Posted by ttaxidermy View Post
What he is not is a politician...
Winner Winner Chicken Dinner!!!
Also, he's not politically correct!!! And the media, democrats, lib, etc. just hate it!!!
sqiggy is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 08-20-2017, 05:17 PM   #19
Charles
Pope & Young

Quote:
His net worth is 3.5 BILLION and employs 1,000's.. His Leadership skills are probably better than 95% of the people in this country... His finances and accomplishments prove this..

What he is not is a politician... He said that in his own words.. The Republican scum suckers are his worst enemy.. He will expose them all eventually.. Go Trump.
Yep...it's coming.
Old 08-20-2017, 06:34 PM   #20
treestand
Ten Point

Hunt In: Junction Texas

Quote:

I knew someone would have this take. There is a lot of difference between owning a company where you can just fire everyone who disagrees with you and leading a company by bringing everyone on board. Trump can't fire Congress. If he was a leader, he would work with them and bring a majority around to his way of thinking. Instead, Trump makes enemies by publicly insulting them.
treestand is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 08-20-2017, 07:03 PM   #21
ttaxidermy
Pope & Young

Quote:
I knew someone would have this take. There is a lot of difference between owning a company where you can just fire everyone who disagrees with you and leading a company by bringing everyone on board. Trump can't fire Congress. If he was a leader, he would work with them and bring a majority around to his way of thinking. Instead, Trump makes enemies by publicly insulting them.
So your a Trump hater..
How many billionaires do you know.. You don't become a billionaire by chance, a millionaire maybe but not a billionaire.. There are certain skills involved I'm sure, leadership being one of the... Trump hater or not I don't see how anyone could justify arguing that point..

Who in congress has he publicly insulted that didn't earn it??
You call it insulting and some call it exposing.. There is a reason some in his own party are circumventing him and want him out...
Old 08-20-2017, 07:35 PM   #22
stykshooter
Ten Point

Hunt In: S. Dakota, Nebraska & Texas

Quote:
He may be a good business man but has no or very little policial leadership skills. Like it or not he's goin have to learn to work with Dems. & Rep. to get his agenda started but of course key word is "learn" & @ 70 he ain't changing.
stykshooter is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 08-20-2017, 08:25 PM   #23
MassMan
Ten Point

Hunt In: Fisher, Erath

Quote:
He may be a good business man but has no or very little policial leadership skills. Like it or not he's goin have to learn to work with Dems. & Rep. to get his agenda started but of course key word is "learn" & @ 70 he ain't changing.
He needs to work with the Dems who are calling for his impeachment and doing everything possible to sabotage his Presidency? I think many don't realize how far to the left the mainstream line in the Dem party is today. They aren't going to work with him and there are enough Republicans who want to see him fail to make it nearly impossible for him to get anything done. It's not a leadership issue it's a mid-term election issue.

Do you have a link to those impeachment odds you mentioned earlier?
MassMan is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 08-20-2017, 08:33 PM   #24
tonyt79
Ten Point

Hunt In: All over

Truthfully, what kind of question is this? What has he done to make him not stay 4 years? Many presidents before have done really bad things and stayed in office. And from the outside looking in he hasn't done anything bad.

tonyt79 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 08-20-2017, 08:46 PM   #25
duckmanep
Ten Point

Quote:

6 bankruptcies. We would all have high net worths if we could erase our debt 6 times.

He is making sure we don't get a republican president again for a long time, and I'm not sure if that wasn't his purpose from day 1.
duckmanep is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 08-20-2017, 08:49 PM   #26
texasdeerhunter
Ten Point

Yea, I don't understand the impeachment talk. What could he or has he done that warrants being impeached?
texasdeerhunter is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 08-20-2017, 09:44 PM   #27
ttaxidermy
Pope & Young

Quote:
Originally Posted by duckmanep View Post
6 bankruptcies. We would all have high net worths if we could erase our debt 6 times.

He is making sure we don't get a republican president again for a long time, and I'm not sure if that wasn't his purpose from day 1.
And he is still worth 3.5 billion..
So you think Republicans or people that voted for Trump will next vote democrat because of Trumps presidency.... You do realize that the MSM media is lying don't you.. Just like they did with the poles before and even during the election... Heck CNN still had Hillary winning after it was called for Trump. It amazing how many people buy into this crap.. Trump has done more good in 8 months than Obama did in 8 years..

Last edited by ttaxidermy; 08-20-2017 at 09:46 PM..
Old 08-20-2017, 09:47 PM   #28
ttaxidermy
Pope & Young

Quote:
Originally Posted by texasdeerhunter View Post
Yea, I don't understand the impeachment talk. What could he or has he done that warrants being impeached?
The mainstream media is trying their dam dest to speak it into existence...
It's amazing how many people take the bait...
Old 08-20-2017, 09:50 PM   #29
Johnny
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Montgomery & Madison Counties

Lol...he's not going anywhere.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk
Johnny is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 08-20-2017, 10:03 PM   #30
Rubi513
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Walker County

He seems to bring out the true colors of some...
Rubi513 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 08-20-2017, 10:11 PM   #31
Clay C
Ten Point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rubi513 View Post
He seems to bring out the true colors of some...

Seriously.

"Impeached in 2018", "bound to do the impeachable", where do people get this stuff from?

Also, it's astonishing to me how many people on this forum don't understand the legislative process.

Clay C is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 08-20-2017, 10:14 PM   #32
Clay C
Ten Point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny View Post
Lol...he's not going anywhere.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Easy now, Don't go throwing logical, level headed statements in all this lunacy.

Old 08-20-2017, 10:23 PM   #33
Clay C
Ten Point

Quote:

You realise those weren't personal bankruptcies, right?

Maybe we should have tried another republican like we had been trying. You know, ones that suspend their campaigns and hand elections to Marxists. Or maybe one who's ashamed of his own wealth and couldn't beat arguably the worst President this country has ever seen.

Old 08-20-2017, 10:28 PM   #34
ttaxidermy
Pope & Young

Default Will Trump last 4 years

And some you Republicans think Trump is the problem.. Not even close.. Here's your problem.. The party has been infiltrated.. You critics better hope Trump can fix this.. He the only hope we have.. You might want to try backing him instead of constantly criticizing..
He is playing against a stacked deck and he is still getting things done..
Drain the swamp!!!!!

Last edited by ttaxidermy; 08-20-2017 at 10:33 PM..
Old 08-20-2017, 10:46 PM   #35
TX CHICKEN
Ten Point

Hunt In: Karnes County, Jim Hogg and Duval County

I love the bankruptcy argument. According to Wikipedia and other news organizations he is owner or part owner of over 500 entities so that's a bankruptcy rate of less than 1% and most were his hotel and casinos. Seems pretty successful to me.

TX CHICKEN is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 08-20-2017, 10:54 PM   #36
Clay C
Ten Point

Quote:
Originally Posted by TX CHICKEN View Post
I love the bankruptcy argument. According to Wikipedia and other news organizations he is owner or part owner of over 500 entities so that's a bankruptcy rate of less than 1% and most were his hotel and casinos. Seems pretty successful to me.

You don't understand. That's successful by normal standards, but not by the TBH business guru standards. There are guys on here that know better how to run a business and lead than a billionaire with his hands in hundreds of companies.

I know this because they told me so.

Old 08-21-2017, 12:34 AM   #37
super_dave
Pope & Young

Hunt In: NW Smith County

I think he will make 4, but without reelection. Not sure if that's on his terms or the spineless rinos that will drive him out with the excuse that he can't get things done. Heck, I'm not even sure that this hasn't been the plan all along. I voted for the guy, mostly for pence and gorsuch though. To me, keeping Hillary out with anyone else was a win.
super_dave is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 08-21-2017, 05:43 AM   #38
Pineywoods
Ten Point

Quote:
And some you Republicans think Trump is the problem.. Not even close.. Here's your problem.. The party has been infiltrated.. You critics better hope Trump can fix this.. He the only hope we have.. You might want to try backing him instead of constantly criticizing..
Drain the swamp!!!!!

Notice that none of these are from the south. Florida doesn't count!
Old 08-21-2017, 06:17 AM   #39
Playa
Pope & Young

Quote:
So you think Republicans or people that voted for Trump will next vote democrat because of Trumps presidency.... You do realize that the MSM media is lying don't you.. Just like they did with the poles before and even during the election... Heck CNN still had Hillary winning after it was called for Trump. It amazing how many people buy into this crap.. Trump has done more good in 8 months than Obama did in 8 years..

Respectfully, that is like saying you are the tallest midget.
Old 08-21-2017, 06:38 AM   #40
duckmanep
Ten Point

Quote:
My prediction is that dems will have record voter turnout in 2020. Hope I eat crow, but everyday he, and the media, are ensuring that the other side is stirred up more than I remember in recent times. With record dem turnout and more repubs staying home because they ain't voting for the guy again...bad results.
duckmanep is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 08-21-2017, 08:20 AM   #41
Clay C
Ten Point

Quote:
Drain the swamp!!!!!

And now it's coming out that that POS Ryan was encouraging Republican congress critters to support Hillary and not Trump during the election so when she was elected they could "hold her accountable". These pieces of filth in Congress are disgusting. It's mind blowing to me that people think Trump is the issue with getting legislation passed.
Old 08-21-2017, 09:40 AM   #42
flywise
Pope & Young

Quote:
My prediction is that dems will have record voter turnout in 2020. Hope I eat crow, but everyday he, and the media, are ensuring that the other side is stirred up more than I remember in recent times. With record dem turnout and more repubs staying home because they ain't voting for the guy again...bad results.
No evidence there are vast numbers of folks abandoning Trump
Dems are so sorry they cant even raise any money for up coming elections
People see through the constant bashing of the president and know the only thing preventing the president from getting all the things done he wants to get done in the rep. congress
Old 08-21-2017, 09:49 AM   #43
Charles
Pope & Young

IMO, the louder the media and Washington screams "Trump Bad" is more reason he's the right person in office.
Old 08-21-2017, 09:51 AM   #44
ttaxidermy
Pope & Young

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clay C View Post
And now it's coming out that that POS Ryan was encouraging Republican congress critters to support Hillary and not Trump during the election so when she was elected they could "hold her accountable". These pieces of filth in Congress are disgusting. It's mind blowing to me that people think Trump is the issue with getting legislation passed.
Yep.. The corruption runs to the core... Trump knew this, as a lot of us did, and that's why he ran... He thought he could expose these traitors, which he has, and fix the problems in this party... I was sure willing to give him a chance that's why I voted for him..
He has a lot of work to do and I'm beginning to wonder if he can even pull it off..
He can't fire them all or he would have already done it..
Old 08-21-2017, 09:52 AM   #45
ttaxidermy
Pope & Young

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charles View Post
IMO, the louder the media and Washington screams "Trump Bad" is more reason he's the right person in office.
Exactly...
Old 08-21-2017, 11:04 AM   #46
muzzlebrake
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Sterling County

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charles View Post
Ditto
muzzlebrake is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 08-25-2017, 11:56 AM   #47
ballsie
Six Point

I would put money on him quitting within the next 12 months. Full disclosure: I hate him with every bone in my body. I'm a republican. He is a child

The media would stop the bullsh*t if he would stop feeding it to them.
ballsie is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 08-25-2017, 05:21 PM   #48
RiverRat1
Pope & Young

Hunt In: San Saba

Go Trump!

If one hates Trump then riddle me this. Why would a billionaire who doesn't need more money or power set aside everything he does, puts millions on the line running, becomes POTUS, does his job going against the currents, and takes ridicule, name calling and all the other BS daily and yet keeps going?

Just admit already he's doing it or America.
RiverRat1 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 08-25-2017, 05:36 PM   #49
boblee
Six Point

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiverRat1 View Post
Go Trump!

If one hates Trump then riddle me this. Why would a billionaire who doesn't need more money or power set aside everything he does, puts millions on the line running, becomes POTUS, does his job going against the currents, and takes ridicule, name calling and all the other BS daily and yet keeps going?

Just admit already he's doing it or America.

His ego, it's insatiable. It's not about America, it's about him. He thought he would be admired and loved by everyone.
He misjudged.

Back to the question; dunno? If I had to put money on it, I'd wager that he resigns. He can't handle the pressure and criticism that comes with the job. Nor being unloved.

Bob Lee

Last edited by boblee; 08-25-2017 at 05:52 PM..
boblee is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 08-25-2017, 06:19 PM   #50
flywise
Pope & Young

Quote:
Originally Posted by ballsie View Post
I would put money on him quitting within the next 12 months. Full disclosure: I hate him with every bone in my body. I'm a republican. He is a child

The media would stop the bullsh*t if he would stop feeding it to them.
Ill admit that he does create SOME of the drama surrounding him
But if you think for 1 sec the media would leave him alone if he would just quit feeding them then you really dont pay very good attention to daily activities of the media. For 8 solid years the criticized Bush except for about 10 days after 9/11. The media are going to dump on Trump everyday until he is gone.
They always do and always will. Other than tweets Trump has done a pretty good job