Reply
Go Back   TexasBowhunter.com Community Discussion Forums > Topics > Public Hunting Opportunities
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-21-2017, 04:22 PM   #101
ArcheryAssassin
Six Point
 
ArcheryAssassin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Houston
Hunt In: Primarily Public lands/& private Honey Holes
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Larry View Post
Missed it yet again. 0 for FOREVER.

Thanks again Grapevine USACE. Good thing y'all got going over there. You should be proud of the work you do making it all so very fair and just for all.
GOTTA BE SHI*****?????? MAN THATS CRAZY !
ArcheryAssassin is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 08-21-2017, 04:25 PM   #102
ArcheryAssassin
Six Point
 
ArcheryAssassin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Houston
Hunt In: Primarily Public lands/& private Honey Holes
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SFAbowhunter View Post
hahaha poor Larry! He hasn't posted in a while on any vine threads.
YOU LOSE
ArcheryAssassin is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 08-21-2017, 04:27 PM   #103
SFAbowhunter
Pope & Young
 
SFAbowhunter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Melissa, Texas
Hunt In: Public Land
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Larry View Post
Missed it yet again. 0 for FOREVER.



Thanks again Grapevine USACE. Good thing y'all got going over there. You should be proud of the work you do making it all so very fair and just for all.


Dang it, man. I was pulling for you this year for the draw.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
SFAbowhunter is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 08-21-2017, 04:30 PM   #104
ArcheryAssassin
Six Point
 
ArcheryAssassin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Houston
Hunt In: Primarily Public lands/& private Honey Holes
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Larry View Post
Missed it yet again. 0 for FOREVER.

Thanks again Grapevine USACE. Good thing y'all got going over there. You should be proud of the work you do making it all so very fair and just for all.
ON A SERIOUS NOTE BROTHER, if you're in the Houston area hit me up I can let you in on a few of my urban deer spots if you like ?? Just keep applying at the Vine man. Definitely doesn't seem right after 9 years
ArcheryAssassin is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 08-21-2017, 04:40 PM   #105
Etxbuckman
Pope & Young
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Spring
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArcheryAssassin View Post
ON A SERIOUS NOTE BROTHER, if you're in the Houston area hit me up I can let you in on a few of my urban deer spots if you like ?? Just keep applying at the Vine man. Definitely doesn't seem right after 9 years
I don't hunt the 'Vine, or the H, or any of those places "up north," but I check every year to see if he gets drawn. I don't even know the guy and I feel really bad for him.
Etxbuckman is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 08-21-2017, 05:12 PM   #106
hooligan
Ten Point
 
hooligan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Fort Worth
Hunt In: Foard Co.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by pervis View Post
They need to go to one app per person, not send a buddy and list 5 more people to get a tag. You should have to go up there in person like I do stand in line and take your chances. It would make it more of a fair way to do things. Well my son's got a youth tag so il be out there trying to help him get one. Thank goodness I own land.
I'd love to see that, unfortunately it'll never happen
hooligan is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 08-21-2017, 06:00 PM   #107
Swamphunterfw
Four Point
 
Swamphunterfw's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: Fortworth
Hunt In: All over
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by hooligan View Post
none for me again, this is the 3rd year they pulled the number right before or after mine. Don't know why I get my hopes up. Wish I had a hook there like some of the folks who get drawn year after year

0 for 6

That happened for 4 years to me but this year I was lucky
Swamphunterfw is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 08-21-2017, 06:01 PM   #108
mcfactory7
Spike
 
Join Date: Oct 2015
Default

Drew, found out antlerless is off limits, less excited.
mcfactory7 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 08-21-2017, 06:03 PM   #109
topshot
Ten Point
 
topshot's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: West Fort Worth
Hunt In: Public land
Default

I'm in the midst of a move and can't find my number...i think it was 156 lol I better call up to the office to check on it
topshot is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 08-21-2017, 06:04 PM   #110
topshot
Ten Point
 
topshot's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: West Fort Worth
Hunt In: Public land
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Larry View Post
Missed it yet again. 0 for FOREVER.

Thanks again Grapevine USACE. Good thing y'all got going over there. You should be proud of the work you do making it all so very fair and just for all.
I'm beginning to think ol Larry is pulling the tbh leg over here. Surely you are kidding.
topshot is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 08-21-2017, 06:19 PM   #111
SFAbowhunter
Pope & Young
 
SFAbowhunter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Melissa, Texas
Hunt In: Public Land
Default

Wow, I just read that no antlerless can be taken without a MLDP tag...that'll make it harder.
SFAbowhunter is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 08-21-2017, 06:23 PM   #112
Larry
Ten Point
 
Larry's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Fort Worth, Texas
Default

Why would I kid about that? 517. Not drawn. Can post a pic later if someone feels the need to doubt. I've yet to get drawn since they went to a lottery. Haven't deer hunted Grapevine since the last year permits were first come, first served. I shouldn't complain so much. I have plenty of places to hunt this season. In years past, Grapevine was the only place I had to hunt. I spent a couple of seasons out there, sitting in a tree and feeling very grateful for having such an awesome hunting ground so close to home when I didn't have money for a lease. I have two small leases and even own two acres that I can bow hunt. So my season isn't a bust for not having been drawn again. At this point it's the principle of it all. How does a guy go seven draws and never get drawn? It just doesn't seem right to me. Two or three seems feasible. Missing out every single draw is ridiculous and downright bs.

Enough complaining, though. Good luck to all those that got drawn! I wish you all a safe and fun season. Except for the newbies that will invariably ask where to park, where to walk, where to sit...I'm mad at you. I don't wish you good luck at all.
Larry is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 08-21-2017, 07:06 PM   #113
topshot
Ten Point
 
topshot's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: West Fort Worth
Hunt In: Public land
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Larry View Post
Why would I kid about that? 517. Not drawn. Can post a pic later if someone feels the need to doubt. I've yet to get drawn since they went to a lottery. Haven't deer hunted Grapevine since the last year permits were first come, first served. I shouldn't complain so much. I have plenty of places to hunt this season. In years past, Grapevine was the only place I had to hunt. I spent a couple of seasons out there, sitting in a tree and feeling very grateful for having such an awesome hunting ground so close to home when I didn't have money for a lease. I have two small leases and even own two acres that I can bow hunt. So my season isn't a bust for not having been drawn again. At this point it's the principle of it all. How does a guy go seven draws and never get drawn? It just doesn't seem right to me. Two or three seems feasible. Missing out every single draw is ridiculous and downright bs.

Enough complaining, though. Good luck to all those that got drawn! I wish you all a safe and fun season. Except for the newbies that will invariably ask where to park, where to walk, where to sit...I'm mad at you. I don't wish you good luck at all.
That's my point Larry, it so hard to believe, even though it is true. I've been rooting for you every year to get drawn, and disappointed you didn't get in this year.
topshot is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 08-21-2017, 07:18 PM   #114
topshot
Ten Point
 
topshot's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: West Fort Worth
Hunt In: Public land
Default

Well I didn't get in this year, I can't complain though I had a nice 3 year in a row streak. Best wishes to you all who did get dtawn.
topshot is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 08-21-2017, 08:05 PM   #115
ArcheryAssassin
Six Point
 
ArcheryAssassin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Houston
Hunt In: Primarily Public lands/& private Honey Holes
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Etxbuckman View Post
I don't hunt the 'Vine, or the H, or any of those places "up north," but I check every year to see if he gets drawn. I don't even know the guy and I feel really bad for him.
somethings gotta give
ArcheryAssassin is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 08-21-2017, 08:20 PM   #116
Shake N' Bake
Pope & Young
 
Shake N' Bake's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Krum, Tx
Hunt In: Where ever im invited
Default

Looks like I didn't draw either. Put I'm forn7 years and have only drawn once. Oh well I've got other places I can hunt.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
Shake N' Bake is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 08-21-2017, 09:27 PM   #117
txfrog
Nubbin' Buck
 
txfrog's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2016
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SFAbowhunter View Post
Wow, I just read that no antlerless can be taken without a MLDP tag...that'll make it harder.


Where does it say no antlerless can be taken?
txfrog is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 08-21-2017, 09:29 PM   #118
SFAbowhunter
Pope & Young
 
SFAbowhunter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Melissa, Texas
Hunt In: Public Land
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by txfrog View Post
Where does it say no antlerless can be taken?

This is from tpwd site under Denton county. Mldp tag only for does.







Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
SFAbowhunter is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 08-21-2017, 09:44 PM   #119
txfrog
Nubbin' Buck
 
txfrog's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2016
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SFAbowhunter View Post
This is from tpwd site under Denton county. Mldp tag only for does.







Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk


Just saw that after I posted...thanks for sharing. I wonder if the corps will be issuing the mldp tags or if it's just no antlerless this year
txfrog is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 08-21-2017, 10:14 PM   #120
Blood Trail
Pope & Young
 
Blood Trail's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Fort Worth
Hunt In: where the manicorn hunts....
Default

I've been drawn for the H four times since GB opened up their draw hunt. It's easier to drawn the H than GV.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Blood Trail is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 08-21-2017, 10:15 PM   #121
Blood Trail
Pope & Young
 
Blood Trail's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Fort Worth
Hunt In: where the manicorn hunts....
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by pervis View Post
Missed again. 3 yrs now 3 strikes


That's nothing. I've got drawn the very first Year of the draw and haven't been drawn since. That 7 years???


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Blood Trail is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 08-21-2017, 10:21 PM   #122
bulltx50
Ten Point
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: houston,tx
Hunt In: baylor,knox,foard,king counties
Default

We need more of you loyal bow hunters to apply for Lake Grapevine. First and foremost there are some big bucks in there. Second, well it just opens up a more interesting thread. Third, the ones that get aggravated because of the publicity for Lake Grapevine..........Priceless
bulltx50 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 08-21-2017, 11:02 PM   #123
acearrow
Ten Point
 
acearrow's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Argyle, TX
Hunt In: Nashoba, Ok
Default

sure seems like a lot more numbers than in the past. Looks like I am one of the lucky ones this year.
as far as the antlerless thing goes, the excerpt you printed states no MLDP tag is required unless MLDP antlerless tags have been issued for the tract of land". Who said that MLDP tags have been issued for Grapevine. I believe this has been brought up in the past before. If tags have not been issued, then you are not required to have one to shoot an antlerless. Believe a phone call is in order.
acearrow is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 08-21-2017, 11:26 PM   #124
ArcheryAssassin
Six Point
 
ArcheryAssassin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Houston
Hunt In: Primarily Public lands/& private Honey Holes
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by acearrow View Post
sure seems like a lot more numbers than in the past. Looks like I am one of the lucky ones this year.
as far as the antlerless thing goes, the excerpt you printed states no MLDP tag is required unless MLDP antlerless tags have been issued for the tract of land". Who said that MLDP tags have been issued for Grapevine. I believe this has been brought up in the past before. If tags have not been issued, then you are not required to have one to shoot an antlerless. Believe a phone call is in order.
I believe that is the case, I always liked hunting the does in Jan there !!!!!
ArcheryAssassin is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 08-22-2017, 02:53 AM   #125
Larry
Ten Point
 
Larry's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Fort Worth, Texas
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bulltx50 View Post
We need more of you loyal bow hunters to apply for Lake Grapevine. First and foremost there are some big bucks in there. Second, well it just opens up a more interesting thread. Third, the ones that get aggravated because of the publicity for Lake Grapevine..........Priceless


You forgot to say "as a biologist in the industry."
Larry is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 08-22-2017, 01:23 PM   #126
Bad2TheBone
Four Point
 
Bad2TheBone's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Fort Worth
Hunt In: Woods
Default

Missed it again. 4 years in a row. Good luck to the ones with the golden ticket.
Now Put your boots on the ground and work hard for the rest of us that would do anything to have the opportunity!
Bad2TheBone is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 08-22-2017, 04:09 PM   #127
tdhadley10
Four Point
 
tdhadley10's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Default

Just sent John Matheny, lead ranger at Grapveine Lake an email about the antlerless deer discussion, his response... "You can harvest Antlerless Deer at Grapevine. Please pass this along"

If you ever have any questions, shoot him an email. He has been great and responds really quickly. Good luck to all. Ill be the video guy for my brother who got drawn.
tdhadley10 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 08-22-2017, 06:18 PM   #128
Jtaps
Four Point
 
Jtaps's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2015
Location: Irving
Hunt In: Hopefully your place
Default

I'm in. First time in 5 yrs!
Jtaps is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 08-22-2017, 06:19 PM   #129
SFAbowhunter
Pope & Young
 
SFAbowhunter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Melissa, Texas
Hunt In: Public Land
Default

The way TPWD worded it in their description is wrong if that is the case. It clearly states what is required for Corps of Engineers land...which grapevine is. I'd hate to take a doe at grapevine only to be stopped by a game warden and him tell me differently. I would expect the grapevine office to send something out in writing saying that you are good.

And, acearrow, the part you are quoting is for private property...not corps of engineers land. It's saying if there have been mldp tags issued, you have to use the mldp tag, not your normal license tag.
SFAbowhunter is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 08-22-2017, 08:11 PM   #130
Jtaps
Four Point
 
Jtaps's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2015
Location: Irving
Hunt In: Hopefully your place
Default

Wait was this year a yellow or pink lottery number
Jtaps is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 08-22-2017, 08:31 PM   #131
grizzman
Pope & Young
 
grizzman's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Frisco
Hunt In: Texas and Arkansas
Default

Yellow.
grizzman is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 08-22-2017, 09:30 PM   #132
Jtaps
Four Point
 
Jtaps's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2015
Location: Irving
Hunt In: Hopefully your place
Default

Well then disregard earlier post. I'm OUT ��
Jtaps is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 08-23-2017, 11:44 AM   #133
caseys95m3
Four Point
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Frisco, TX
Hunt In: A new place every year
Default

Finally drawn after 4 years!
caseys95m3 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 08-23-2017, 12:19 PM   #134
Bowhuntr317
Nubbin' Buck
 
Join Date: Aug 2017
Location: Flower Mound,Tx
Hunt In: Childress,Lbj Grasslands, Lake Whitney, Grapevine.
Default

Beginners luck I guess. First year here in grapevine and I was drawn! Been hunting public land for about 5 yrs now but a first here at grapevine. Ready to put in some work. If anyone wants to meet up and do some scouting let me know.
Bowhuntr317 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 08-23-2017, 04:25 PM   #135
ArcheryAssassin
Six Point
 
ArcheryAssassin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Houston
Hunt In: Primarily Public lands/& private Honey Holes
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jtaps View Post
Well then disregard earlier post. I'm OUT ��
lmao! Darn it lol
ArcheryAssassin is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 08-23-2017, 05:14 PM   #136
SwampyMarsh
Four Point
 
SwampyMarsh's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2016
Location: Hurst
Hunt In: Anywhere I can draw and Nebraska
Default Gvine

Quote:
Originally Posted by caseys95m3 View Post
Finally drawn after 4 years!
Yay me too! Can't wait
SwampyMarsh is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 08-23-2017, 06:15 PM   #137
Txbowslaughter
Six Point
 
Txbowslaughter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2017
Location: Keller, TX
Default

I got drawn
Txbowslaughter is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 08-23-2017, 06:37 PM   #138
Larry
Ten Point
 
Larry's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Fort Worth, Texas
Default

FYI...139 numbers drawn for 250 permits. Yep.
Larry is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 08-24-2017, 02:09 AM   #139
pervis
Eight Point
 
Join Date: Jul 2015
Default

Yeah the old send your buddy system works out very well. Figured that out after 3 yrs now. 1 permit per application is how this needs to be run. Total b.s. if u ask me.
pervis is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 08-24-2017, 02:26 AM   #140
1IrishTexan
Nubbin' Buck
 
1IrishTexan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Default

Bummer, missed the cut.
1IrishTexan is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 08-24-2017, 10:43 AM   #141
agwrestler
Eight Point
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Fort Worth
Hunt In: LBJ, Lake Meredith Nat. Rec.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Larry View Post
FYI...139 numbers drawn for 250 permits. Yep.
THIS is absolute BS!
agwrestler is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 08-24-2017, 10:48 AM   #142
txfrog
Nubbin' Buck
 
txfrog's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2016
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by pervis View Post
Yeah the old send your buddy system works out very well. Figured that out after 3 yrs now. 1 permit per application is how this needs to be run. Total b.s. if u ask me.


Not to stir the pot, but I'd have to disagree. My brother and I enjoy hunting together so we put in on the same application and hunt together if we get drawn.

139 numbers drawn for 250 tags....I'm not great at math but that is less than 2 people per application on average. I hunt out west every year and all draws out there allow multiple applicants unless it's a small number of tags or other variable. TPWD is that way too.

I don't have any problem with multiple people per application, maybe cap it off at 2 or 3 to be fair, but just my opinion...
txfrog is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 08-24-2017, 11:19 AM   #143
SFAbowhunter
Pope & Young
 
SFAbowhunter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Melissa, Texas
Hunt In: Public Land
Default

I agree with txfrog. I don't see a problem with it. This year the average app had less than 2 people on it. They have other problems that need to be addressed well before they start trying to limit 1 person per app.
SFAbowhunter is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 08-24-2017, 11:27 AM   #144
Larry
Ten Point
 
Larry's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Fort Worth, Texas
Default

You're not stirring the pot. It's an open discussion between adults. I don't fully disagree with the multiple people on the same entry. TPWD does it. It is what it is. I just like to look at the number of entries drawn every year, and it's always 150 or less.

They told me I had a 1 in 2 chance of getting drawn when I filled out my entry. That's just flat out wrong. If you only draw 139 numbers, the odds just dropped to about 1 in 4. That's just one of my issues with this drawing.

The bigger issue I have is that they claim it's being run in a draw of the hat system. Why? Why not get with the times and institute some preference point system or on/off years...if you get drawn this year, you sit out of the draw the next year. You have guys that have been drawn 4, 5 or more times and some that have never been drawn. Spread the resource out a little more fairly for everyone. It's 2017 for God's sake. Consult with TPWD and get with the times and go to a computer draw.

It's just not that hard.

And if you shoot a 190" deer, don't come back ever again. You know who you are. Both of you.
Larry is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 08-24-2017, 02:08 PM   #145
txfrog
Nubbin' Buck
 
txfrog's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2016
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Larry View Post
You're not stirring the pot. It's an open discussion between adults. I don't fully disagree with the multiple people on the same entry. TPWD does it. It is what it is. I just like to look at the number of entries drawn every year, and it's always 150 or less.

They told me I had a 1 in 2 chance of getting drawn when I filled out my entry. That's just flat out wrong. If you only draw 139 numbers, the odds just dropped to about 1 in 4. That's just one of my issues with this drawing.

The bigger issue I have is that they claim it's being run in a draw of the hat system. Why? Why not get with the times and institute some preference point system or on/off years...if you get drawn this year, you sit out of the draw the next year. You have guys that have been drawn 4, 5 or more times and some that have never been drawn. Spread the resource out a little more fairly for everyone. It's 2017 for God's sake. Consult with TPWD and get with the times and go to a computer draw.

It's just not that hard.

And if you shoot a 190" deer, don't come back ever again. You know who you are. Both of you.


Fair points Larry...

However I cringe at preference point systems and how that ends up. Look at Utah, Arizona, Colorado etc...some units take 20+ years to draw. You see it with TPWD draws as well. I'm not a fan of it personally and I don't know any western hunter that is. Obviously Texas is a different story with a small amount of public land though.

Part of the reason I hunt Idaho out west every year is because there isn't a preference point system and I can hunt every year on over the counter hunts - anyone on this forum could go do it. Granted, Idaho is managed for opportunity, not trophies like some states. Similar to Grapevine, if you're willing to put in the work, there are great trophy quality animals out there.
txfrog is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 08-24-2017, 03:41 PM   #146
TXPLH69
Nubbin' Buck
 
Join Date: Aug 2017
Location: Fort Worth
Hunt In: Grapevine
Default

2nd year not drawn. Will be pig hunting this year. Let me know if any of you would like to meet up sometime and get on some hogs.
TXPLH69 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 08-25-2017, 07:09 AM   #147
GhostSkull
Eight Point
 
GhostSkull's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Dfw
Hunt In: Texas
Default

I think I'll just squirrel hunt this year...during prime deer hunting times of course
GhostSkull is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 08-25-2017, 11:19 AM   #148
Johnny quest
Eight Point
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Hunt In: Wise ,Montague
Default

well well well looks I got the golden ticket this year
Johnny quest is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 08-25-2017, 12:06 PM   #149
ArcheryAssassin
Six Point
 
ArcheryAssassin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Houston
Hunt In: Primarily Public lands/& private Honey Holes
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Larry View Post
You're not stirring the pot. It's an open discussion between adults. I don't fully disagree with the multiple people on the same entry. TPWD does it. It is what it is. I just like to look at the number of entries drawn every year, and it's always 150 or less.

They told me I had a 1 in 2 chance of getting drawn when I filled out my entry. That's just flat out wrong. If you only draw 139 numbers, the odds just dropped to about 1 in 4. That's just one of my issues with this drawing.

The bigger issue I have is that they claim it's being run in a draw of the hat system. Why? Why not get with the times and institute some preference point system or on/off years...if you get drawn this year, you sit out of the draw the next year. You have guys that have been drawn 4, 5 or more times and some that have never been drawn. Spread the resource out a little more fairly for everyone. It's 2017 for God's sake. Consult with TPWD and get with the times and go to a computer draw.

It's just not that hard.

And if you shoot a 190" deer, don't come back ever again. You know who you are. Both of you.
Who are these 190 class hunters you speak of ???? we wanna know ???
ArcheryAssassin is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 08-25-2017, 12:28 PM   #150
SFAbowhunter
Pope & Young
 
SFAbowhunter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Melissa, Texas
Hunt In: Public Land
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArcheryAssassin View Post
Who are these 190 class hunters you speak of ???? we wanna know ???


One is you!


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
SFAbowhunter is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:18 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright 1999-2012, TexasBowhunter.com