Reply
Go Back   TexasBowhunter.com Community Discussion Forums > Topics > The Other Side of the Ranch (Firearms)
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-10-2017, 09:27 PM   #51
longhorn_cop
Ten Point
 
longhorn_cop's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Central Texas
Hunt In: Tx panhandle, Mex.
Default

Man, that rig is sweet


Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro
longhorn_cop is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 09-11-2017, 10:53 PM   #52
wytex
Nubbin' Buck
 
wytex's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2017
Location: Wyoming
Hunt In: Wyoming , Texas, Colorado, Nebraska
Default

Nice rifle, I'm betting that 60 degree bolt throw is to your liking also.
wytex is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 09-11-2017, 11:21 PM   #53
kmon
Four Point
 
kmon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2015
Hunt In: Texas and Mississippi mostly
Default

Like the build and using the Curtis action for it, Alamo Precision is making some impressive rifles. 3 locking lugs and 60 degree bolt lift is very nice

Going back a long time .264 bullets in the 6.5 named cartridges goes back at least to 1892 6.5X55. I think in those days they often used the land to land not groove to groove dimension. Many cartridges are not named for the true bore dimensions .

Just for grins look at the .224 diameter bullet shooters, 2118 bee, 219 Donaldson wasp, 220 swift, 221 fireball, 222 Remington, 223 Remington, 224 Weatherby, 225 Winchester.
kmon is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 09-12-2017, 08:25 PM   #54
jstanton
Six Point
 
jstanton's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Chandler, TX
Hunt In: Henderson County
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rut-ro View Post
Slick gun. Looking for a new custom builder as mine quit making guns. What's the build time for one of their rifles ?
It depends on availability of components. Mine had a long lead time because of the action. I got one of the first batches. The stock can also have a long time if you go with something that is not on the shelf, that McMillan was a 3 week wait. Total this build was about 12 weeks I believe. I know they are cranking out other builds on Remington 700 actions and Grayboe stocks faster though.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk
jstanton is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 09-12-2017, 08:26 PM   #55
jstanton
Six Point
 
jstanton's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Chandler, TX
Hunt In: Henderson County
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by longhorn_cop View Post
Man, that rig is sweet


Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro
Thanks! Its a sweet shooter too! Ruined me for anything else though!

Already planning my next build with them on a titanium action and carbon fiber barrel!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk
jstanton is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 09-12-2017, 08:27 PM   #56
jstanton
Six Point
 
jstanton's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Chandler, TX
Hunt In: Henderson County
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by wytex View Post
Nice rifle, I'm betting that 60 degree bolt throw is to your liking also.
Took a bit to get used to but now that I am I love it!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk
jstanton is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 09-12-2017, 09:05 PM   #57
bboswell
Pope & Young
 
bboswell's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Montgomery County
Hunt In: Where ever I can
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rut-ro View Post
Slick gun. Looking for a new custom builder as mine quit making guns. What's the build time for one of their rifles ?


I promise you won't be disappointed with APR!
bboswell is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 09-13-2017, 12:15 PM   #58
rut-ro
Eight Point
 
rut-ro's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2016
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jstanton View Post
It depends on availability of components. Mine had a long lead time because of the action. I got one of the first batches. The stock can also have a long time if you go with something that is not on the shelf, that McMillan was a 3 week wait. Total this build was about 12 weeks I believe. I know they are cranking out other builds on Remington 700 actions and Grayboe stocks faster though.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk
Thank you, I have a couple extra surgeon actions. I may give them a cal and see what we can work out.
rut-ro is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 09-13-2017, 05:55 PM   #59
jstanton
Six Point
 
jstanton's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Chandler, TX
Hunt In: Henderson County
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rut-ro View Post
Thank you, I have a couple extra surgeon actions. I may give them a cal and see what we can work out.
They are a great bunch of guys and very good at what they do! You won't regret it if you have them do a build.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk
jstanton is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 09-13-2017, 06:18 PM   #60
Acameron52
Eight Point
 
Acameron52's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: Lewisville
Hunt In: Coleman
Default

That's a beaut!! Mind if I borrow it for a weekend? Ha!
Acameron52 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:25 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright 1999-2012, TexasBowhunter.com