Go Back   TexasBowhunter.com Community Discussion Forums > Topics > Public Hunting Opportunities

Old 09-08-2017, 09:50 AM   #1
LiftAndShoot
Eight Point

Hunt In: Kaufman County
Default License APH question

Hey guys -

Newbie to this side of the forums and I just want to say thanks to everyone who reached out giving me info and whatnot. Y'all are awesome.

I have a quick question re: the APH public land permit. I understand I can go to Walmart and get the permit (according to TPWD, if that's not accurate, let me know so I don't waste my lunch break, lol). But, here's the thing - I just renewed my general hunting license online a few days ago, so I don't have the hard copy.

Can I go get the permit without the hard copy license?

-LaS.
LiftAndShoot is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 09-08-2017, 10:37 AM   #2
Dave_
Six Point

Hunt In: Where I can

You should be about to, no problem. You can buy the APH online also and they will just mail it to you. Your license receipt works as your licence as long as you don't need to use tags until you get it in the mail. Just like your regular hunting licence.
Dave_ is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 09-08-2017, 11:13 AM   #3
Etxnoodler
Eight Point

You can get it anywhere hunting licenses are sold. They will print off another license with the permit on it but tags are not valid for anything
Etxnoodler is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 09-08-2017, 12:51 PM   #4
LiftAndShoot
Eight Point

Hunt In: Kaufman County

Last question (thanks guys) - I'm about to buy the permit online, do I need to include the archery endorsement with it? I do plan on bowhunting public land..
LiftAndShoot is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 09-08-2017, 02:15 PM   #5
boomerball
Eight Point

per the tpwd site, archery endorsement is required to hunt deer or turkey in an archery only season. also required to hunt deer anytime in collin, dallas, grayson, rockwall counties.
boomerball is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 09-09-2017, 08:37 AM   #6
tiberiuswade
Nubbin' Buck

Quote:
Originally Posted by LiftAndShoot View Post
Last question (thanks guys) - I'm about to buy the permit online, do I need to include the archery endorsement with it? I do plan on bowhunting public land..
The APH
Do not come with any endorsement. All those are on/with your hunting license. The people
Permits are.for granting you legal hunting access to over 1million acres of WMA's and national forest here in Texas. I've been getting them since 1st year. I'm our WMA lands there is really good hunting to be had, some lease you pay top dollar for less land...Ha!
What areas you plan to hunt and where you locAted . Just have to get away from crowd. Some areas have archery only.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk
tiberiuswade is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top