Go Back   TexasBowhunter.com Community Discussion Forums > Topics > Current Events - Politics and Such

Old 08-03-2017, 05:27 PM   #1
Playa
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Coleman
Default Declined a customer over their conservative beliefs...

I work with your typical "snowflake". We received a lead to do some web maintenance for a client which is a non-profit and provides legal services to individuals/businesses and lobbies.

He declined to take their account because their views were counter to his. It's been passed to me.

Ironically, I think they are the legal foundation defending the cake baker in Colorado who is being sued for declining to make a wedding cake for the gay couple.

I have my principles but in business I in no way shape or form expect others to conform or adhere to my beliefs
Playa is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 08-03-2017, 05:37 PM   #2
Lostacresranch
Four Point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Playa View Post
I work with your typical "snowflake". We received a lead to do some web maintenance for a client which is a non-profit and provides legal services to individuals/businesses and lobbies.

He declined to take their account because their views were counter to his. It's been passed to me.

Ironically, I think they are the legal foundation defending the cake baker in Colorado who is being sued for declining to make a wedding cake for the gay couple.

I have my principles but in business I in no way shape or form expect others to conform or adhere to my beliefs

Then you are a better human that he is. You work for a business, you have an obligation to do a job. Regardless of personal feelings, as long as that obligation causes no harm.
Lostacresranch is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 08-03-2017, 05:51 PM   #3
tradtiger
Ten Point

Hunt In: Lee Co., Granger

His business not to get commissions, I guess. More for you. Seems to be a pretty indirect connection to whatever the objection is, though. Against free will, evidently.
tradtiger is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 08-03-2017, 07:01 PM   #4
Livin'2hunt
Ten Point

Hunt In: my birthday suit

I really like your last paragraph. I am the same way. I like to listen to Conservative talk radio on jobs but never so that it interferes or can be heard. It gets shut off when clients approach but a customer forced me to take my radio down to the truck from a downtown high-rise years ago because he is a huge, intolerant liberal. He couldn't even hear it because I turned it off. He asked what I was listening to when he arrived but I told him classic rock. He turned on my radio to see the dial setting then, he knocked over my radio, stormed off and threw a tantrum. He even stopped trading with me over it.

A few years passed and their FNG wasn't cutting the mustard so, they called me back. My simple answer was, "Nope. Tell Joe I still like talk radio" and I hung up the phone. They still call me every few months to do their work. They crossed a line and it ain't gonna happen. It's amazing how intolerant the most tolerant people in the Country can be.
Livin'2hunt is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 08-05-2017, 02:49 PM   #5
JFISHER
Pope & Young

Hunt In: BWD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Livin'2hunt View Post
I really like your last paragraph. I am the same way. I like to listen to Conservative talk radio on jobs but never so that it interferes or can be heard. It gets shut off when clients approach but a customer forced me to take my radio down to the truck from a downtown high-rise years ago because he is a huge, intolerant liberal. He couldn't even hear it because I turned it off. He asked what I was listening to when he arrived but I told him classic rock. He turned on my radio to see the dial setting then, he knocked over my radio, stormed off and threw a tantrum. He even stopped trading with me over it.

A few years passed and their FNG wasn't cutting the mustard so, they called me back. My simple answer was, "Nope. Tell Joe I still like talk radio" and I hung up the phone. They still call me every few months to do their work. They crossed a line and it ain't gonna happen. It's amazing how intolerant the most tolerant people in the Country can be.
That customer needed a courtesy *** whoopin.
JFISHER is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 08-05-2017, 03:38 PM   #6
Livin'2hunt
Ten Point

Quote:
Originally Posted by JFISHER View Post
That customer needed a courtesy *** whoopin.

He didn't do damage, just tried to make a scene. He's a weird duck anyway so, I expected little differently.

I saw the same guy do a scheduled t.v. interview for a local news station. They went to one of his job sites and what I saw was him barefoot, jeans rolled up just under his knees, his white dress shirt completely unbuttoned (no undershirt), his gray hair completely a disheveled and he did the whole interview squatted atop a large rock.

This guy is extraordinarily wealthy but evidently, his problems run deep and wide!
Old 08-05-2017, 06:27 PM   #7
lwelch70
Ten Point

Hunt In: Gillespie County

Quote:
He didn't do damage, just tried to make a scene. He's a weird duck anyway so, I expected little differently.

I saw the same guy do a scheduled t.v. interview for a local news station. They went to one of his job sites and what I saw was him barefoot, jeans rolled up just under his knees, his white dress shirt completely unbuttoned (no undershirt), his gray hair completely a disheveled and he did the whole interview squatted atop a large rock.

This guy is extraordinarily wealthy but evidently, his problems run deep and wide!
Sounds like someone collected a good inheritance check

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk
lwelch70 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 08-05-2017, 06:39 PM   #8
Livin'2hunt
Ten Point

Quote:
Originally Posted by lwelch70 View Post
Sounds like someone collected a good inheritance check

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

He actually earned it all himself. I often wonder how he even gets thru a day without being run over but he does it.

Last edited by Livin'2hunt; 08-05-2017 at 06:42 PM..
Old 08-05-2017, 06:57 PM   #9
SMC
Banned!!!

Hunt In: Looking for a place

Well liberals are a very resilient bunch!! Lol
SMC is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 08-05-2017, 10:30 PM   #10
stickerpatch59
Ten Point

Hunt In: gonzales, and....

Quote:

it just goes to show, money can't buy you brains.
stickerpatch59 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 08-13-2017, 01:03 AM   #11
harge57
Spike

Moron

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk
harge57 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 08-14-2017, 01:10 PM   #12
Traildust
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Green Screen

Hopefully he gets terminated!