No announcement yet.

Protein Pellet Ingredients

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is their going to be any updates with new proteins that have been produced since 16'?

Was record rack ever mentioned?
    Last edited by clint623; 10-06-2020, 09:20 AM.

Comment

Right now Fehner and son is 8.60 a bag which puts it out at .27 and 65 lbs of TDN per 100
      and DD is .33 and 83 lbs of TDN per 100. Do yall think it is worth the extra change to swap to DD? I only have a 250 lb free choice feeder at the moment.

Comment

Dr Mickey Hellickson sent me this the other day
        It was a test he has been doing for a good while. He divided the trough into 3. With DD, antlermax , and Bee County co-op. And they preferred Bee county. And you have already seen the nutrition and TDN’s

Click image for larger version

Name:	F2E664F1-3796-4453-964A-1D1BD5292F05.jpeg
Views:	2
Size:	160.2 KB
ID:	24633049

Comment

Curious what the new Feed by M-G/Foreverlast is.

Called Rax Max I think

Comment

just have to respond - this thread is 4 years old - as I read back over all of the comments (including mine) I am embarrassed that I participated in a mean and stupid "debate" over a protein feed for deer.

Please think about it in the big picture - in today's world what the heck difference does a deer feed really matter? Answer? It means nothing

Calling people out and acting like fourth graders is inexcusable. I, for one, apologize for my words - I hope I have grown enough to not make the same mistake
            Last edited by Huntingfool; 10-11-2020, 06:33 PM.

Comment

Just read through most of this. Some of yall are sorry for getting this twisted up over some dang feed.

To my question, has anyone done any or seen any studies on fiber content?

Wondering if fiber content plays any part of how much a deer processes the TDN or if it even matters at all due to native browse(low fence).

Comment

There is alot more to it then protein % and also TDN.

TDN is a big factor though I will agree. But a mineral package is very important IMO

Comment

Originally posted by Peyton View Post
                  Anise is like crack to deer! [emoji106][emoji106][emoji106]
                  So are the deer attracted to the Anise or the buyer?

Comment

Originally posted by JWHunt View Post
                    Dr Mickey Hellickson sent me this the other day
                    It was a test he has been doing for a good while. He divided the trough into 3. With DD, antlermax , and Bee County co-op. And they preferred Bee county. And you have already seen the nutrition and TDN’s

[ATTACH]1022200[/ATTACH]
                    This right here! I agree with meniral packs, TDN and so on but if the deer arent consuming it what does it matter? Do a board test or trough test like above with the feed avaliable to you and let the deer tell you what they want.

Comment

Originally posted by Arrow-Tek View Post
                      So are the deer attracted to the Anise or the buyer?

[emoji2373]

Comment

Originally posted by Peyton View Post
                        [emoji2373]

Is that deer from the Catus Flats?

Comment

Originally posted by Arrow-Tek View Post
                          Is that deer from the Catus Flats?

No, I’ve never been there. That buck is on my ranch SW of Carrizo Springs.

Comment

Bought time you posted a picture! Hope your season terrific

Comment

The only way to know what is in the protein is to send it off to be analyzed by ingredient.

Comment

Working...
                              X