Getting into mountain shape thread!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Getting into mountain shape thread!!!!

Ok guys we're pretty much 12 weeks out from elk and deer season. It's time to buckle down and get into shape. Let's use this thread to post workouts and progress. And before 37 people post they don't need to work out to walk to a deer stand just move on we don't need your negativity here.

So in my opinion the perfect mountain hunter is lean and strong but also pretty light, 160-190 pounds. I am sitting at about 220 right now. My plan is to drop at least 20 pounds by my elk hunt in September. The plan is to get a good mix of crossfit style workouts and hiit cardio as well as some longer runs and weighted pack rucks. I don't mind losing a little muscle in my upper body but will be Killing legs. Diet is going to have to be my number one priority however.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'll be following along. Not going Elk hunting but weight about 235 and would love to shed 20 lbs!

Comment

Good thread!! I have been on a "get in shape" state of mind for about three weeks. I hope to go elk hunting but it's not looking good at this point. I started lifting weights and have been doing the Keto eating plan. I am down 8 lbs in two weeks on Keto and feel way better. Hoping to go from 207 to about 185. I am cycling and playing basketball for my cardio and walk substantially at work but may take up a bit of ruck type walks soon. Best of luck to you and others trying to get that bit of extra fat off!!

Comment

2hrs of stair master every day on level 8 with a 30lb pack and a 15lb dumbbell in each hand with a 3m dust mask on your face.

It works.

Comment

Following as well

Comment

Originally posted by Voodoo View Post
            2hrs of stair master everyday on level 8 with a 30lb pack and a 15lb dumbbell in each hand with a 3m dust mask on your face.

It works.
            the pack and the bleachers at the high school football field

Comment

I warm up with the treadmill on 8 then go up from there for an hour or so. Sometimes with a pack other times without.

Comment

I started putting 3 gallons of water in a pack frame and walking two miles to work every day.

Comment

Davis Mountains tried to kill me and it wasn't that bad! Good luck and train hard!

Comment

In. I wont be making it this season but prepping my self for the following season.

Some how let myself go and got up to 350.... 9 months later im sitting at 280 right now with proper diet and HEAVY weight training. Enjoyed "new" self the past month and started phase 2 of my cut yesterday. Diet will be on point and looking to be down to 220 or even 200 by the time im ready to hit the backcountry.

Will be maintaining my heavy weight training and still doing my usual cardio which lately has been HIIT on a mountain bike or stair climber. Will start incorporating the snorkel on bleacher runs closer to next year.

Comment

Stairs, stairs, and more stairs.

Comment

In!

8pointer is suppose to start accompanying me at the lease to start walking through the hill country

Comment

Cardiovascular exercises. I'm 240 and still climb the peaks but cardio is number 1. Just my.02

Comment

Originally posted by Pkripper View Post
                            Cardiovascular exercises. I'm 240 and still climb the peaks but cardio is number 1. Just my.02

Don't get me wrong I'm not saying you have to be 160 to climb mountains. I have done it too. But it makes it a heck of a lot easier on your joints and body to be lighter. There is no 240 pound person gonna out hike someone like Steve Rinella or Adam Foss

Comment

Stairmaster, running, squats, dead lift, leg press, repeat

Comment

Working...
                              X