Fat copperhead

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fat copperhead

Went to watch fights at a buddies house last night. Wife called and said she had shot a snake

Pic I took this morning. At least 30" long and very fat
    Think it either ate a whole family of mice or was full of baby snakes. Leaning toward the latter but covered in ants this morning so I just threw it across the fence.
    Tried to get her to put it in a bag last night and freeze it but she was not cooperative
    I do have to repair the sprinkler that she blasted in the process of killing snake

Do they eat other snakes? Almost looks like he devoured another.

Comment

Good on your wife. Many would have called you shrieking demanding that you COME HOME NOW. She just gave it the good news. Fixing the sprinkler is a minor price to pay for that.

LWD

Comment

Originally posted by HoustonHunter View Post
        Do they eat other snakes? Almost looks like he devoured another.
        They will. I'd say that was just a really fat snake or is getting bloated from being dead. It doesn't take long for a snake to spoil. The reason I say that is because it's fat all the way up from its tail.
        Last edited by okrattler; 07-10-2016, 11:38 AM.

Comment

It was fat when she shot it

Comment

I love it - wife called and said she shot a snake!

Comment

Originally posted by BTLowry View Post

It was fat when she shot it
              Snakes can be obese. I'd say that looks to be the case here. Typically it's just pet snakes that get more food than they should that get that way. There must've been plenty of groceries around.

Comment

That's a huge copperhead. I need a couple like that alive for snake avoidance ting for dogs.

Comment

She did good. The only thing that mine can say is I caught another armadillo for you. She's an armadillo trapping machine.

Comment

Big one . We have kill 11 in 6 days at our house .

Comment

DRT she called after she had killed it and refused to put it in freezer

I am 110% sure she would not attempt to take it alive

Comment

Originally posted by okrattler View Post
                        Snakes can be obese. I'd say that looks to be the case here. Typically it's just pet snakes that get more food than they should that get that way. There must've been plenty of groceries around.
                        OBESE ? Did you say OBESE ?

Comment

Looks like the snake version of my wife

Comment

Originally posted by Drycreek3189 View Post
                            OBESE ? Did you say OBESE ?
                            Lol Well that's my best guess. It could have been pregnant though. Male copperheads are normally bigger than the females so I figured that's what it was. Large females can have around 20 little ones though so it would have been interesting to see if that's what was in it. If you were to pick it up by the end the head is on and that mass slid towards the tail that would be a good indication that it was full of babies.
                            Last edited by okrattler; 07-10-2016, 01:04 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by BTLowry View Post
                              DRT she called after she had killed it and refused to put it in freezer

I am 110% sure she would not attempt to take it alive
                              Most sane folks wouldn't. I'm a little off that way.

Comment

Working...
                              X