No announcement yet.

Getting into mountain shape thread!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

1st Elk trip, Colorado mid September. Cross-Fit ON RAMP today after work at 7:30. Will be doing CF for the next 3 months and playing softball. Would like the turn 6' 205 into a lean mean 190 before we hit the mountain.

Comment

Nothing planned for this year but next year I am going to get a muley tag (hopefully). I've already started my workouts and when I run at the house my altitude is 7'... a lot different than 12k'. Stairs are killing me if I go longer than 10 min.

I am way out of shape and hate that I let myself get this bad even though I'm 6' and 190. Going to be a long journey but it will be worth it to stand on a mountain with a tag punched and heading back to the truck.

Keep it going guys and good luck toeveryone this year.

Comment

I'm already the shape of a mountain... it's easy.

Comment

Originally posted by D C View Post
          Nothing planned for this year but next year I am going to get a muley tag (hopefully). I've already started my workouts and when I run at the house my altitude is 7'... a lot different than 12k'. Stairs are killing me if I go longer than 10 min.

I am way out of shape and hate that I let myself get this bad even though I'm 6' and 190. Going to be a long journey but it will be worth it to stand on a mountain with a tag punched and heading back to the truck.

Keep it going guys and good luck toeveryone this year.
          To quote the famous words of D.C.
          "Next year I'm doing it guys"

Comment

Originally posted by James View Post
            To quote the famous words of D.C.
            "Next year I'm doing it guys"

You're just now getting married without kids. I'm three kids deep and a new career. I have legit excuses!!!

Comment

Originally posted by D C View Post

You're just now getting married without kids. I'm three kids deep and a new career. I have legit excuses!!!

There is no way your far from mountain shape. Lol your way slimmer than me. We just need to get you one of Phil Mendoza DBAP shirts lol [emoji23]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by JTeLarkin08 View Post
                There is no way your far from mountain shape. Lol your way slimmer than me. We just need to get you one of Phil Mendoza DBAP shirts lol [emoji23]

Lol dude it's bad. Stairs are not fun. I've learned that slim has nothing to do with endurance. Big boys kick my butt in cardio every morning in the gym.

Comment

Just got done with an hour of basketball. Yup I'm outa shape

Comment

Did the Murph on Monday and whipped my butt. Every time I think I'm in good shape, I do something that brings me back to reality.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

Comment

Sitting at 235 today at about 15%. Hoping to loose some muscle but not too much while leaning out. Hoping to get down to about 220ish by September.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Redraider View Post
                        Did the Murph on Monday and whipped my butt. Every time I think I'm in good shape, I do something that brings me back to reality.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk
                        Dang it, Darrin. I just remembered I was supposed to call you this evening. I'll try you tomorrow.

I did an hour in the weight room today and then 2 miles on the treadmill at the steepest setting. I'm thinking I probably should do a lot of bicycling before August so I won't get saddle sore on our hunt.

Comment

Originally posted by 150class View Post
                          In!

8pointer is suppose to start accompanying me at the lease to start walking through the hill country
                          Say when Mason! I'm been walking 3-5 miles a day since February......I think I've only missed 6 days.

I also need to shoot my bow at 50 yards. Let me know when you want to start hiking the hills. I'm serious

Comment

Only one here.
                            25 min stair intervals on level 8
                            500 meter row
                            And 5 rounds of
                            5 pull ups
                            10 push ups
                            15 air squats.
                            Also worked on some power clean singles

Comment

May was an interesting month. My vivofit says I averaged 12.5 miles of walking a day. Gonna be hard to top that.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

Comment

If anyone is interested the Texas backcountry hunters and anglers are having a pack hike Saturday morning at eagle mtn lake. Bring your pack and some weight and let's go!!! I'll have mine loaded with 50#

Comment

Working...
                                X