No announcement yet.

Good bye NFL hello LMN

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I never have understood grown men watching grown men have fun when they could be doing something fun themselves. It slays me when my buddies say they can't go hunting or fishing because they are watching a football game instead.

Comment

Originally posted by RiverRat1 View Post
      You have/had the choice. You choose to ignore the problem and keep watching.
      Your choice.

So when a team hires a rapist (or some other extreme example) I don't want to see any judging the team.
      LoL Peyton manning laid his nards on a woman's face.
      Rothlisberger settled like 3 rape cases in one summer.
      Ray Lewis did a jail term for ...... MURDER

The NFL is full of thugs (Vick, Carruth) and sexual predators (Peyton, Big Ben)
      I almost forgot about Darren Sharper total creep
      Last edited by texansfan; 09-25-2017, 12:59 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by texansfan View Post
        LoL Peyton manning laid his nards on a woman's face.
        Rothlisberger settled like 3 rape cases in one summer.
        Ray Lewis did a jail term for ...... MURDER

The NFL is full of thugs (Vick, Carruth) and sexual predators (Peyton, Big Ben)
        I almost forgot about Darren Sharper total creep
        Yup. A whole lot of thugs in the NFL for sure. It's made up of a majority of people who wouldn't be able to work in any other environment that were made millionaires over night for being athletic. Which is partly why this whole thing is so annoying. Joe blow who works his A$# off to support his wife and kids is being told by a bunch of millionaires, many of who would probably be unemployable without the NFL, that the country he loves and pays taxes to isn't worth standing for.

Comment

Originally posted by Traildust View Post
          Not me.....can't judge the entire team over a few bad apples. This protest was barely a blip on the radar until Trump opens his big fuggin mouth.....again.

Be president and STFU. Surely he has more important things to do with his time?
          Do you really think he can't tweet about this while his main focus is on other things? Plus, it's a social issue that has the attention of a lot of the country. It's not just about football, it's about pop culture hating this country. He simply gave an opinion on a popular topic.

Comment

And Brittney Griner beat up and concussed her pregnant lesbo wife, Glory Johnson. Luckily I have been protesting the WNBA for years.

You can take it one step further for all entertainers. Shoot, even Marv Albert has had runins that would make the average person pretty much unhireable.

Comment

What about when the NFL wouldn't let the cowboys honor the Dallas cops that were murdered, but at the same time letting Kaperneck were pig socks.

Comment

Originally posted by Clay C View Post
                Do you really think he can't tweet about this while his main focus is on other things? Plus, it's a social issue that has the attention of a lot of the country. It's not just about football, it's about pop culture hating this country. He simply gave an opinion on a popular topic.
                That's a good question I'm not sure about. I don't think his comments have brought a lot of positives. D-heads kneeling at a football game don't really effect me.....having to pay our $15K+ yearly for the BS health insurance that obamacare steamrolled effects me! I'm bothered more by having to Press 1 for English and my astronomical tax rate than those d-heads kneeling at a football game.

Comment

Originally posted by Traildust View Post
                  That's a good question I'm not sure about. I don't think his comments have brought a lot of positives. D-heads kneeling at a football game don't really effect me.....having to pay our $15K+ yearly for the BS health insurance that obamacare steamrolled effects me! I'm bothered more by having to Press 1 for English and my astronomical tax rate than those d-heads kneeling at a football game.
                  I can't argue that, but the other stuff you mentioned is in the news too. My point is, I don't think taking a couple of seconds to tweet about/mention this during a press conference hinders someones ability to work on other things.

Besides, it's congress who needs to get to work on health care and tax reform.

Comment

Originally posted by Clay C View Post
                    Yup. A whole lot of thugs in the NFL for sure. It's made up of a majority of people who wouldn't be able to work in any other environment that were made millionaires over night for being athletic. Which is partly why this whole thing is so annoying. Joe blow who works his A$# off to support his wife and kids is being told by a bunch of millionaires, many of who would probably be unemployable without the NFL, that the country he loves and pays taxes to isn't worth standing for.

Comment

Originally posted by Christianhuff View Post
                      I never have understood grown men watching grown men have fun when they could be doing something fun themselves. It slays me when my buddies say they can't go hunting or fishing because they are watching a football game instead.
                      Precisely! It almost a religion to some people. Crazy

Comment

Originally posted by texansfan View Post
                        Fractured logic?
                        You can't force someone to stand for the pledge of allegiance nor put their hand over their heart during star spangled banner
                        Or bow their head during a prayer.

Find another reason to fire them but you better not list those as a reason.
                        Untrue. These players are paid to perform a task. Should they make standing during the national anthem one of those tasks and they fail to do so, there is grounds for termination.

Also, the NFL league rule book states:

"The National Anthem must be played prior to every NFL game, and all players must be on the sideline for the National Anthem.

During the National Anthem, players on the field and bench area should stand at attention, face the flag, hold helmets in their left hand, and refrain from talking. The home team should ensure that the American flag is in good condition. It should be pointed out to players and coaches that we continue to be judged by the public in this area of respect for the flag and our country. Failure to be on the field by the start of the National Anthem may result in discipline, such as fines, suspensions, and/or the forfeiture of draft choice(s) for violations of the above, including first offenses."

So, if the NFL doesn't fine the player and the team for said infraction, and the owner won't enforce the fact that part of what they are paid to do is to adhere to all NFL rules, the problem is much bigger than some whiney overpaid diva who wouldn't cut it in a real battle.

Big wimps, most run off the field as soon as they get a mild sprain.

Comment

Originally posted by Commandbro View Post
                          Untrue. These players are paid to perform a task. Should they make standing during the national anthem one of those tasks and they fail to do so, there is grounds for termination.

"The National Anthem must be played prior to every NFL game, and all players must be on the sideline for the National Anthem.

During the National Anthem, players on the field and bench area should stand at attention, face the flag, hold helmets in their left hand, and refrain from talking. The home team should ensure that the American flag is in good condition. It should be pointed out to players and coaches that we continue to be judged by the public in this area of respect for the flag and our country. Failure to be on the field by the start of the National Anthem may result in discipline, such as fines, suspensions, and/or the forfeiture of draft choice(s) for violations of the above, including first offenses."

So, if the NFL doesn't fine the player and the team for said infraction, and the owner won't enforce the fact that part of what they are paid to do is to adhere to all NFL rules, the problem is much bigger than some whiney overpaid diva who wouldn't cut it in a real battle.

There you have it. This shat should have been squashed last freaking year!

Comment

Originally posted by Commandbro View Post

Just to clarify that the language above is from the NFL Game Operations Manual not the NFL Rule Book....that's for the actual playing rules of the game like holding penalties, PI, etc.....

It is a part of the game operations manual, which is distributed to all 32 teams, according to NFL spokesperson Brian McCarthy.

McCarthy said that the policy has been in place for several years, pre-dating protests that began during the 2016 season.

"It’s policy, it’s not a rule. I think where people are getting confused is, rules, that’s like holding or defensive pass interference, that’s a rule. This is policy," McCarthy said.

McCarthy confirmed that the league will not assess penalties to players who either did not take the field for the anthem or who protested

I've heard countless NFL players stating that they want to show team unity and that's why they locked arms and even placed their hand on the players kneeling. Well that's not what the American people want....we want you to show unity to the country and to the flag above all else! We could give two craps about your team unity. If you have an unpatriotic piece of garbage on the team why would you want to be unified with him. The idiots just don't get it.

Dang shame the NFL is run by wimpy, PC libtarbs who can't see they are killing their own brand. To heck with them.

Comment

I was out mowing , did any Cowboys kneel?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by BrianL View Post
                                I was out mowing , did any Cowboys kneel?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk
                                I tuned in to watch. No one kneeled (including Arizona) during the National Anthem, at least from what I saw. The patriotism was pretty strong on the field and in the stadium.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                                X