Good bye NFL hello LMN

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by WItoTX View Post
    We thought maybe we were just late (Got in about 6:50). But we looked everywhere, and couldn't find a flag.

I would love to stand corrected on this, as I may have just missed it. But the flag certainly was not in an obvious location.
    I have never been to an Astros game when they didnt play it. During the Anthem, all of the display screens have the flag waving. You can view which ever one is convenient for your seat location.

Comment

Originally posted by bloodstick View Post
      I'm curious why the left is all for "freedom of speech" and protesting our national anthem, but sue store owners for not providing a cake to a gay couple.

The hypocrisy is astounding.
      Probably because one was against state law and the other isn't?

Comment

Great game to be at. Verlander is a stud. Crazy to hear you say this, Stros are usually very patriotic. So, the flag poles in left field didn't have the Texas Flag or Astros flag flying either? Just 3 empty poles there?
        Originally posted by WItoTX View Post
        I went to the Astros game Friday. They didn't plan the National Anthem. Usually its right before the first pitch. We looked around, there wasn't even a flag inside the stadium.

Comment

Originally posted by JonBoy View Post
          Probably because one was against state law and the other isn't?
          So how does state law trump the constitution?

Comment

Originally posted by bloodstick View Post
            So how does state law trump the constitution?
            It doesn't. Which is why that state law was in line with the 14th Amendment as SCOTUS has interpreted it.

Comment

This is all the left wants...people arguing over whether players should stand for the national anthem or not.

Meanwhile, none of these so-called protestors, BLM members or anyone else for that matter want to discuss the real issues. The issues are much deeper than cops having more problems dealing with black people; that's more a side effect of the problem. Nobody wants to talk about the real problems in these black communities. You know, things like the lack of nuclear family structures, majority of children being born out of wedlock, dependence on gov't programs, dead beat dads, etc.

Heck, look at some of these millionaire athletes. Many of them even have children out of wedlock with multiple women. It's almost like it's a badge of honor for some of them.

Comment

Great article and has a link to NFL players arrested

Comment

Originally posted by DWC View Post
                  OK .. I am not up to date on all this football business ... the only football I see are the games where one of my baby girls are cheering ... and don't really see the football as much as I watch my baby thrown high into the air ... but ....

What is the reason that there BOYS are kneeling ? What are they protesting ? And why ONLY during the National Anthem ? Why not kneel during the entire game ?

Someone please explain ...

DWC
                  Some were protesting racial inequality....Trump says in a speech or tweet that the owners should fire those "Son's of B*tches" for disrespecting our flag and national anthem.

All the teammates stood together to show solidarity for their teammates.

Comment

I didn’t hear the exact quote from trump. But this is what I have found.

Wouldn't you love to see one of these NFL owners — when somebody disrespects our flag — to say, 'Get that son of a b*tch off the field right now. Out. He's fired. He's fired!'"

There isn’t much to this besides what he would like to see and a what if! Interviews with players made it seem like what he had said was a personal attack on them. I could be missing more but to me it seems the NFL and media has blown this out of proportion as usual. They are almost triple dog daring playing players to take a knee for this. It was brought up and talked about in every game and every highlight show.
                    Sunday night football almost made it out to be a huge surprise of what’s next during the anthem, as we wait to see who stands and who doesn’t.
                    To me it almost seems like it’s going to get worse before getting better.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Tuned out the NBA & NFL.

Disrespected our Veterans PAST, PRESENT AND FUTURE!

3 Tours in Iraq - West Point Graduate - Army Rangers

The ONLY MAN IN THE NFL!

Comment

Originally posted by DWC View Post
                        OK .. I am not up to date on all this football business ... the only football I see are the games where one of my baby girls are cheering ... and don't really see the football as much as I watch my baby thrown high into the air ... but ....

What is the reason that there BOYS are kneeling ? What are they protesting ? And why ONLY during the National Anthem ? Why not kneel during the entire game ?

Someone please explain ...

DWC
                        It's very hard to explain stupid. Bunch of snowflakes looking to further their cause.

Comment

Originally posted by flywise View Post
                          http://www.dailywire.com/news/21476/...ys-joseph-curl

Great article and has a link to NFL players arrested
                          I think we all know why so many are arrested. But forbid someone speak up on it.

The last line is the best
                          "So, maybe — just maybe — NFL players aren't the best ones to be preaching to America about the perils of police brutality"

Comment

I'll watch the Cowboy's till a Cowboy kneels, then I'm done.

Comment

Originally posted by AtTheWall View Post
                              Tuned out the NBA & NFL.

Disrespected our Veterans PAST, PRESENT AND FUTURE!

3 Tours in Iraq - West Point Graduate - Army Rangers

The ONLY MAN IN THE NFL!

Comment

[emoji1303]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Working...
                                X