Protests

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wow you sure flip flopped fast.

Look, nothing you mention is/was proof. Saying you want to kill someone doesn't mean you want to actually kill them. We all say stupid crap when in a situation. Heck 90% of TBH would be in prison for saying they would hang a thief if they caught them. Really think about that for a minute. YOU are on a high speed chase chasing a known heroin dealer. Lives are at risk (including yours) every second the chase goes on. I'm sure you would be singing Barney's I love you song though, right?

Cops should not be above the law. But at the same time career criminals should not be caught, tried, found guilty, sentenced and be let out 4,5,10 or more times either. No one should ever have an arrest record with 20 felonies.
    I'm not saying the LEO did anything wrong, I don't know. But I'd sure still rather judge the drug dealer over the LEO.

Comment

"Flip flopped" I'm fine with that term because it means I'm not hard headed, i dug a little deeper and found something that changed a part of my view on the situation.
      If only we could get flat-earthers and climate change deniers to flip flop.
      I agree with you that adrenaline coulda judgement, but on top of saying what he said during he chase and following through with it that Leo also used his own personal weapon while on duty which is against the rules over there, how many strikes gotta happen before a cop can be labeled as a "bad apple" if 90% of doctors joke and say,"I'm killing this mf'er" and then one gets caught doing it with his own kitchen knife during a surgery should that be overlooked too?

I'd also rather lock up the drug dealer instead of the Leo but it depends on the drugs. Heroin,meth,oxycontin **** that's really hurting people yeah lock'em up. But if it's even possible for a guy to have 4,5,10 guilty verdicts and still be on the streets....I kinda see that as the system letting down the people. The system is civilized to death at that point for letting the guy go so many times, it becomes a game if they can get that many felonies and stay out of prison.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

i'm pretty sure the earth is round, but what is this "climate change" that you speak of?
        is it the same climate change that brought about the end of the ice age? you know, the one where all the cavemen were running around in S.U.V.s and flying around in private jets? or is it the one we were told back in the 80's where we were all going to freeze to death due to global "cooling"?

i'm still not sure where this fits into this thread though.

Comment

Originally posted by stickerpatch59 View Post
          i'm pretty sure the earth is round, but what is this "climate change" that you speak of?

is it the same climate change that brought about the end of the ice age? you know, the one where all the cavemen were running around in S.U.V.s and flying around in private jets? or is it the one we were told back in the 80's where we were all going to freeze to death due to global "cooling"?

i'm still not sure where this fits into this thread though.

The end of the last ice age was likely brought about by a cataclysmic event. There's a lot of evidence now pointing to an asteroidal impact across North America and into the Atlantic, look up a guy named Randall Carlson (on the Joe Rogan Experience podcast if you really want a taste)

And if climate change is still a question to you, you might as well start negotiating with the flat earthers because y'all are just treadin water in the same river while everyone else is swimming by.

Comment

Originally posted by DeerGhostSpeaks View Post
            The end of the last ice age was likely brought about by a cataclysmic event. There's a lot of evidence now pointing to an asteroidal impact across North America and into the Atlantic, look up a guy named Randall Carlson (on the Joe Rogan Experience podcast if you really want a taste)

And if climate change is still a question to you, you might as well start negotiating with the flat earthers because y'all are just treadin water in the same river while everyone else is swimming by.

Flat-Earthers, hard headed, treading water....these are the sort of thinly vailed insults people utilize to end debate about any subject when they can no longer carry on. If you had definitive proof, you would point to it and do so with exuberance while the rest of us nodded our heads in agreement. But alas, this is not the case.

Over the last forty years, the anti-capitalist left has tried numerous climate scams to hoodwink people and to profit from it with nary shred of sound evidence. Now, you cite one podcast that will supposedly blow this whole deal wide open? My skepticism lies in the irrefutable fact that the anti-capitalists have come up with three different apocalyptic scenarios in the last forty years because the prior one did not work as planned. Now, they go much more vague with "climate change" so, they can never be wrong. Yay!

By "climate change" are you saying, up to the Industrial Revolution, the climate has remained steadfast and unchanged over millions of years? It's us humans' fault with our tractors and SUV's? You see, I find it hard to swallow when charlatans have been peddling this crap for 40 years with no proof. It is a pyramid scheme and it's trendy to get in on the ground floor while it's still cool.

What happened to scientific skepticism? I'm glad you asked. When the gubmint throws huge grant after grant after grant at a scientist whom, whether you know or not, is in total control of said grant money, they spend the monies any way they deem fit as long as specified parameters are followed and they are permitted to keep the rest. Not to mention, 20% is theirs off the top just for playing along.

"Here is 12 million dollars to prove to us climate change exists. Have your findings back to us in two years." I would bring in three interns and one low-level lacky at $15 per hour and give them the results they're looking for. In the interim, I'd get paid for lectures, travel the globe and call people flat-Earthers that disagree with my "findings" because if I didn't take the money, the next guy would. See how it works? Good talk.

Comment

Originally posted by Livin'2hunt View Post
              Flat-Earthers, hard headed, treading water....these are the sort of thinly vailed insults people utilize to end debate about any subject when they can no longer carry on. If you had definitive proof, you would point to it and do so with exuberance while the rest of us nodded our heads in agreement. But alas, this is not the case.

Over the last forty years, the anti-capitalist left has tried numerous climate scams to hoodwink people and to profit from it with nary shred of sound evidence. Now, you cite one podcast that will supposedly blow this whole deal wide open? My skepticism lies in the irrefutable fact that the anti-capitalists have come up with three different apocalyptic scenarios in the last forty years because the prior one did not work as planned. Now, they go much more vague with "climate change" so, they can never be wrong. Yay!

By "climate change" are you saying, up to the Industrial Revolution, the climate has remained steadfast and unchanged over millions of years? It's us humans' fault with our tractors and SUV's? You see, I find it hard to swallow when charlatans have been peddling this crap for 40 years with no proof. It is a pyramid scheme and it's trendy to get in on the ground floor while it's still cool.

What happened to scientific skepticism? I'm glad you asked. When the gubmint throws huge grant after grant after grant at a scientist whom, whether you know or not, is in total control of said grant money, they spend the monies any way they deem fit as long as specified parameters are followed and they are permitted to keep the rest. Not to mention, 20% is theirs off the top just for playing along.

"Here is 12 million dollars to prove to us climate change exists. Have your findings back to us in two years." I would bring in three interns and one low-level lacky at $15 per hour and give them the results they're looking for. In the interim, I'd get paid for lectures, travel the globe and call people flat-Earthers that disagree with my "findings" because if I didn't take the money, the next guy would. See how it works? Good talk.

Comment

You sir win the internet today!

Comment

Originally posted by livin'2hunt View Post
                  flat-earthers, hard headed, treading water....these are the sort of thinly vailed insults people utilize to end debate about any subject when they can no longer carry on. If you had definitive proof, you would point to it and do so with exuberance while the rest of us nodded our heads in agreement. But alas, this is not the case.

By "climate change" are you saying, up to the industrial revolution, the climate has remained steadfast and unchanged over millions of years? It's us humans' fault with our tractors and suv's? You see, i find it hard to swallow when charlatans have been peddling this crap for 40 years with no proof. It is a pyramid scheme and it's trendy to get in on the ground floor while it's still cool.

"here is 12 million dollars to prove to us climate change exists. Have your findings back to us in two years." i would bring in three interns and one low-level lacky at $15 per hour and give them the results they're looking for. In the interim, i'd get paid for lectures, travel the globe and call people flat-earthers that disagree with my "findings" because if i didn't take the money, the next guy would. See how it works? Good talk.
                  [ATTACH]873672[/ATTACH]

Comment

I tried to respond but all that showed up was asterisks so I wrote this

Comment

Likewise.

Comment

That's weird, generally when someone has an intelligent,well thought out rebuttal, they aren't required to resorting to curse words....

So cataclysmic event lead to the end of the ice age... that is highly plausible and likely. What ended the period before that? Does that trend indicate that the earth's atmosphere is inclined to adapt/change at semi regular intervals? Do we see other more micro examples of bio or eco attempts to achieve homeostasis in the world?

Comment

Originally posted by Playa View Post
                          That's weird, generally when someone has an intelligent,well thought out rebuttal, they aren't required to resorting to curse words....

So cataclysmic event lead to the end of the ice age... that is highly plausible and likely. What ended the period before that? Does that trend indicate that the earth's atmosphere is inclined to adapt/change at semi regular intervals? Do we see other more micro examples of bio or eco attempts to achieve homeostasis in the world?

He was trying to use my own words against me to make some sort of point though, I was humorously referring to Bill Maher's condescending vomiting.
                          Attached Files

Comment

He was trying to use my own words against me to make some sort of point though, I was humorously referring to Bill Maher's condescending vomiting.

As I yours good sir,

Comment

LOOK! A rabbit going down a hole...

Comment

[emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

Comment

Working...
                                X