Backyard Shed / Gear Room

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Backyard Shed / Gear Room

We are moving to our new house in a couple weeks. The house has lots of inside room, but not really a decent place to keep my hunting, fishing, tools, and yard stuff. -the important stuff

The house has a new attached garage, but our 2 vehicles will pretty much fill that up, so only minimal wall shelving is an option in there.

Time for a project!

The backyard has an existing wood shed that is about to fall down, a total rat motel, complete w/ the ratty smell. I would like to demo, and upgrade to a steel building of similar size. Probably 12'x20'.

My general idea would be to pour a new raised concrete slab over the existing shed's "slab" which is a mix of old sackrete, cinder blocks, and bricks.

Then have a contractor install one of those pre-fab metal building kits?

Has anyone built a backyard shed recently that would care to share SF/$'s and their ideas for layout. What works / what doesn't...etc....

I will post up pictures of the existing shed this evening.
    I always get good ideas on the DIY forum...

I had a buddy poor a slab and then had one of the large carports put up. Then framed it in and put hardi on the outside. Would be a pretty cheap alternative.

Comment

you guys park in the garage?.....sure........once all the stuff that you moved in with is put up.....hehehehehehehe

Comment

Here is the existing shed in all its glory.
        Attached Files

Comment

I met a contractor yesterday who would do the concrete pour and demo.

11x18 is the current structure.

I just need ideas on what kind of shed/building and finish out to go with.

Comment

I'd do a wood framed structure.
            It's much easier to add OSB (or other wood), to the wood studs, and be able to hang stuff where ever you want.

Comment

I like the idea of getting one of those metal car ports and then adding hardiplanket around it. The roof would be metal and you can get to plank boards really easily. Then cut the window and doors out. The hard thing about builds is the roof and the angles. With the carport you solve that problem. My brother in law got a good sized one for 600 dollars. I would imagine the rest of the material would be 1000 bucks

Comment

Working...
              X