stuffed jalepeno peppers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

yugh

Personally I would not ruin a perfectly good jalepeno by putting cream cheese on it or in it or around it. . Cut your peppers in half, cut chicken breast to fit, wrap with thick sliced bacon. Get grill hot and you don't even need toothpicks.

Comment

Originally posted by bdchorn View Post
      Precook
      thanks

Comment

Not a problem. I actually mix the cream cheese and cooked chorizo together before stuffing. Just easier that way. Wrap the whole thing in bacon and you're good to go to the grill.

Comment

I usually use shredded cheese (Fiesta Blend or some such) & wrap with bacon (the kind with coarse ground pepper) & grill 'em. Read a recipie the other day that suggested stuffing with shredded brisket, cream cheese, chives, & wrapping with bacon. Before I grill 'em tho, I b aste 'em with Virgin Olive Oil.

Never had a complaint before!

Comment

I've been stuffing my peppers with cream cheese,wrapping with bacon, freezing and vacuum sealing them for the last 2 years. They're great anytime
            and are easy to take when you go hunting. I make them a dozen to the package and when you go, it's easy to take what you need for some good eating.

Comment

I tried some today. I used cream cheese mixed with hormel real bacon pieces and wrapped with bacon and some with mexican four blend cheese and bacon pieces wrapped with bacon. Both were awesome but I have to say I enjoyed the cream cheese ones a lil more. Thought it would be the other way around. before and after. I forgot to get an after shot until there were 2 left the second pic came out a lil blurry

Click image for larger version

Name:	stuffed jalapeno before (Small).jpg
Views:	1
Size:	36.5 KB
ID:	23841209

Click image for larger version

Name:	stuffed jalapenos (Small).jpg
Views:	1
Size:	33.7 KB
ID:	23841210

Comment

I always take and split and seed the peppers and then stuff with colby cheese and marinated chicken tenders(I use Alegro marinade). Then I wrap with bacon and secure with toothpicks. These are awesome. If you can find the large jalepenos at the grocery store, you won't need to cook much of anything else. Just get your favorite cold refreshing beverage and you have a meal!

Comment

Check out the sweet and spicy backstrap wraps in this section. These things are awesome.

Comment

Michael and Jeanette certainly served up some tasty ones in Paris!!!

Comment

Just tried the crab meat and cream cheese. OFF THE HOOK PEOPLE. And these were in the oven.

Comment

We yall split the peppers and gut them do you then stack them back together and wrap with bacon or do just leave them split and wrap with bacon? I seen them done both ways depending what you was stuffing them with. Just wondering which way is better.

Comment

1 pound bacon ends fried crisp and drained.
                          fine chop in food processor

1 pound velveeta cheese fine chop in food processor.

Drop bacon in velveeta and chop again.

FRESH jalapenos. cut stem end off, rake out seeds and white pith and slice in half lengthwise.

Pack with velveeta/bacon mix.

Cook in oven or on grill.

Enjoy

Comment

I think I'm hungry !!

Comment

Grilled/Stuffed Jalapenos with Venison Ground Meat and monterrey jack cheese

Originally posted by whakm View Post
                              Does anyone have a good recipe for stuffed jal. peppers (grilled or whatever)? I love those things. Thanks
                              This works best if you have the upright pepper holders for the grill.

Prep:
                              I cut the tops out of the jalapeno and clean out the seeds.
                              I cook up some venison ground meat.
                              I blend in by hand some monterrey jack cheese into the cooked venison ground meat.
                              I set some shredded monterrey jack cheese to the side.

Ready to stuff:
                              I stuff the jalapeno with the venison ground meat/monterrey jack cheese blend and then add some cheese to the top of it. I wrap a piece of a bacon around it and stick a toothpick through it and put it in the pepper holder. I will repeat until I fill up the holder and then put it on the grill. Just watch your peppers and it doens't take too lng but some good eating...

I use banana peppers too and they come out great as well

Comment

I tried using goat cheese to stuff my peppers and they were great! The goat cheese seemed to calm down the heat and bring out the bacon and pepper taste.

Comment

Working...
                                X